BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

King has one goal all season, he is a far better winger than striker and his finishing is awful. Dunny only plays 60 minutes a game and he is hardly reliable with his fitness. And when I have seen Cairney in that role earlier in the season failed he convince me in it and I personal would like to see 2 upfront.

King played striker all his young career until we signed him and switched him. Loan window is open for a while yet. No need to make rash costly choices.

Plus any striker coming in is going to be a sub, so that alone makes it hard to do a decent deal

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's opens next Saturday and by that time we will have played two more games. The Club have needed another forward since DJ left as Best isn't picked. And it has been pretty common knowledge that Dann was probably going to leave during the window yet they have done nothing to replace him, pure laziness from club not getting these things sorted now. And just say Dour Bowyer were to make some fabulous loan signings (which I highly doubt he will) and we were to scrape into the playoffs (which should be our aim), then these loan signings could not play in the playoffs as they would be 3 month loans where as if he signed them now on a season long loan now they could play in them. Very poor from the Club.

Lucas Neill can sign tomorrow and I suspect he might.

Guest Norbert

They could put my grandma as centre back as well. She's been dead since 1975.

The SPL would be better if they just handed the trophy to Celtic before the first game next season, and let the other teams fight for 2nd place. They have a squad only slightly better than ours and yet they're miles ahead of the nearest rival.

1.5m for Dann (source Glen M).

Lost 1.5m on him then.

Mani seems to know what's going on but I've been told we'll loan a young defender as back up to Killa who struggles with injury. But things change daily.

@PaulWheelock: Gary Bowyer did say earlier today if Scott Dann went he would look when the loan window reopens next Saturday for centre-back cover. #rovers

Sh1t. £4m off the books, average centre half gone. On a ridiculously expensive contract. Did well to shift him. Blackpool and Boro next. I suppose if we don't win both of those we should assassinate Bowyer then commit Hari Kari really.

Meanwhile on a Brighton messageboard I suppose there's a few saying how they should have bought Conway and how it's a criminal lack of ambition on their part. Meanwhile palace fans are glad all over how they've just bought a centre half who's been relegated twice in the last four years from the premier league.

Looks as if Pulis intends beefing Dann up a bit if that's his new shirt in the photo.

I'm not sorry to see him go, he's been appalling value for money for us.

Decent transfer window for us. Cairney, Gestede and Conway all sign permanently and will improve our starting 11. Dabo is unknown but has decent credentials.

Shifted a lot of deadwood and reduced the wage bill and the size of the squad. Let's not complain about the bloated squad one minute and then complain when we trim the squad down. The only player of note we've lost is Scott Dann, the rest we won't even notice have gone.

We'll sign a defender and striker on loan which will then give us adequate cover. King and Dunn can be used as strikers plus a loan striker will see us well covered up top. We have lots of midfielders so no problems there. We re short on centre halves which is a problem with Kilgallon`s injury record. We will get new centre half in and can always recall o`connell.

37k per week for a decent championship defender?! Not for me. Correct decision to sell dann, we can't afford to pay those wages for a half decent defender. We didn't pay anywhere near 6-8m for him, that figure was based on add ons that would never be triggered. Remember that Brum were skint when they sold him and desperately needed him off the wage bill.

Keane or Dawson in on loan and we'll have improved our defence. Let's wait and see who we get in to replace him before getting over excited about him leaving.

From the Rovers site - This is the make up of the squad

GK : Robinson, Eastwood, Kean, Raya

Def : Kane, Henley, Hanley, Kilgallon, Spurr

Mid : Lowe, Dunn, Marshall, Ollson, Williamson, Taylor, Etuhu, Dabo, Morris, Evans, Mahoney, Cairney, Conway

Stk : King, Best, Rhodes, Gestede

26 Players. Bout the right size I'd say for this league. Too heavy in midfield BUT the overpaid dross is finally being shoved out - let's hope some of the loans become permanent and we can move on Etuhu & Best.

As someone else has just said - a defender & a striker on loan and we'll have plenty to get through the season.

My team for tomorrow :

Robinson

Kane, Hanley, Kilgallon, Spurr

Conway, Lowe, Cairney, King

Rhodes, Gestede

Bench : Eastwood, Henley, Dabo, Taylor, Olsson, Mahoney, Dunn

Doesn't look that bad to me...?!

At least we kept our best CB in Hanley.

From what ive seen from Kilgallon I dont think were going to miss Dann who cost us in a few games with his pussy challenges. The 50% tackle rate I didnt know about but I cant say Im completely surprised.

• Backroom

I'm normally a moaner but I'm quite happy with the window apart from not yet getting a replacement for Dann

Rudy and Cairney are brilliant additions and hearing nothing but good things a both Conway, Dabo is also worth a gamble.

Lack of options up front may be the main issue other than CB if Rudy or Rhodes get injured but most wanted rid of DJ and Rochina divided opinion, I didn't want Varney though so happy with that.

Only 5 defenders and 1 of them is only loaned .... So we sign lucas neill and loan another next week... Great what happens in summer when Kane goes back to chelsea mysteran goes back to his parent club and we all find out neill is too old and too slow? ....hope songo is up to it??

Only 5 defenders and 1 of them is only loaned .... So we sign lucas neill and loan another next week... Great what happens in summer when Kane goes back to chelsea mysteran goes back to his parent club and we all find out neill is too old and too slow? ....hope songo is up to it??

AJW of course Songo will be up to it he is the name on the back of my beautiful home shirt and he is a beast in the air scored last week.

AJW of course Songo will be up to it he is the name on the back of my beautiful home shirt and he is a beast in the air scored last week.

You've obviously not seen much of him. You are right, Brfcrule1 he is a beast - similar to those found on Blackpool beach in the summer.

Archived