BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 players out the door and possibly Scott Dann aside, we won't miss a single one of them.

Still a massive midfield, when you consider the Lowe - Williamson axis. Conway seems a straight swap for Marshall, and Cairney will remain out wide I expect. That's a lot of folks in the bench.

We do lack depth in defence now, and injuries could really hurt us but we'll miss Dann most in the opposition box where he was pretty effective. He was certainly no leader of men and I lost all respect for him with the Eastwood incident (which made Hanley copy it in the following match).

Bad influence, especially if it was true that he had refused to play - I guess at the very least, his injury cleared up Ryan-Neslon-speed as he's straight in the squad to face Arsenal (hope he gets a hammering). Meanwhile the £37k per week will be swallowed up just as quickly elsewhere in the squad. Just a shame he didn't take Best with him, that would have been good business.

Another injury to Robbo and we are really going to struggle but we definitely need to bring in a loan defender. Phil Jones will do. :lol:

Can we loan players OUT next week?

Judge, Marrow, Campbell, Orr, Goodwillie, Songo, Rochina, Slew will all be back surely? Then we're back to square one?

I believe Goodwillie and Slew will be out of contract, Orr will have six months left and Campbell and Rochina are not likely to return. Judge, Marrow and Songo are on low wages and Songo and Marrow I suspect will depart in the summer.

Still a massive midfield, when you consider the Lowe - Williamson axis. Conway seems a straight swap for Marshall, and Cairney will remain out wide I expect. That's a lot of folks in the bench.

We do lack depth in defence now, and injuries could really hurt us but we'll miss Dann most in the opposition box where he was pretty effective. He was certainly no leader of men and I lost all respect for him with the Eastwood incident (which made Hanley copy it in the following match).

Bad influence, especially if it was true that he had refused to play - I guess at the very least, his injury cleared up Ryan-Neslon-speed as he's straight in the squad to face Arsenal (hope he gets a hammering). Meanwhile the £37k per week will be swallowed up just as quickly elsewhere in the squad. Just a shame he didn't take Best with him, that would have been good business.

Another injury to Robbo and we are really going to struggle but we definitely need to bring in a loan defender. Phil Jones will do. :lol:

Can we loan players OUT next week?

The midfield definitely needs some work. We just have to hold onto the hope that the Lowe/Willo partnership will be broken by the return of Evans. Marshalls injury is a real kick in the nuts as he and Conway could have been deployed on the flanks moving Cairney back home into the middle.

Definitely short in numbers at cb, it is a concern. A loan deal hopefully will be done next week for cover.

Could do with a striker too if best isn't going to play.

Anyone else want QPR to fail massively?

Have always wanted media darling 'Arry to fail wherever he goes. Courts attention and the media hang on his every word as though he knows more about football than most other managers. Can't stand anyone the media sucks up to.

As long as he is fit enough, I couldn't agree more. IMO he would also bring leadership and a gritty will to win to a team that appears soft as s***t especially away from home.

Not often I disagree with your posts MR Venkhater , but having seen his gritty will and leadership "skills" in recent Australia matches, he is a first class greedy kean who has lost it big time, only hope is that his special relationship with the club is excelled by a 50 pence a week more offer from Burnley and he will be off like a shot to the dingledome.

I know it's only a small percentage but the Aussies I speak to are hoping he doesn't get a run of games anywhere so he has no chance to be picked for the world cup squad.

Not often I disagree with your posts MR Venkhater , but having seen his gritty will and leadership "skills" in recent Australia matches, he is a first class greedy kean who has lost it big time, only hope is that his special relationship with the club is excelled by a 50 pence a week more offer from Burnley and he will be off like a shot to the dingledome.

I know it's only a small percentage but the Aussies I speak to are hoping he doesn't get a run of games anywhere so he has no chance to be picked for the world cup squad.

OK. I bow to your up to date knowledge.( I am assuming it's not Perth in Scotland!)...but I did say if he were fit enough..As for the greed bit, I don't know enough to comment

By the way, you take a nicer tone than some in offering corrective advice!

So in summary.. we didn't shift Best, Rhodes stays and now looking at the loan window for CB cover

In

Craig Conway [Cardiff - Blackburn] Undisclosed

Bryan Dabo [Montpellier - Blackburn] Loan

Made perm

Tom Cairney [Hull - Blackburn] Undisclosed

Rudy Gestede [Cardiff - Blackburn] Undisclosed

Out

Scott Dann [blackburn - Crystal Palace] Undisclosed

Bradley Orr [blackburn - Toronto] Loan

David Goodwillie [blackburn - Blackpool] Loan

Edinho Junior [blackburn - Harrisburg City Islanders] Free

Fabio Nunes [blackburn - Latina] Free

DJ Campbell [blackburn - Millwall] Loan

Ruben Rochina [blackburn - Rayo Vallecano] Loan

Alex Marrow [blackburn - Fleetwood] Loan

Alan Judge [blackburn - Brentford] Loan

Bruno Ribeiro [blackburn - Clube Atletico Linense] Free

Jordan Slew [blackburn - Ross County] Loan

Didn't miss any did I?

Best transfer window I can recall. Prob cost us a fortune but the air must be smelling a lot sweeter down at Brockhall.

Serious this time pal.. No time for him . He showed his greed when he left and he's trying to come here again for one last money grab . He is one ex player that I well & truly hate.

Every player that we have is here because we will pay them more than anyone else will pay them. Think of them all as mercenaries and you wont go far wrong. My only gripe about him is the way his agent went from spouting crap about wanting CL football with Livvie to always having admired WHU and their players of '66. Honesty would have earned my respect.

Bowyer must be watching him train so if he's still 'got it' and needs to play before the WC then I'd see it as a good move for us.

If we do sign Lucas Neill I hope fans don't get on his back before he has even kicked a ball. In my opinion he was a bloody good player. i havent seen him play recently.

I know he left in poor circumstances. However surely he regrets it? He was captain of a top 6 successful European qualifying team at the time. His career has nosedived since.

Archived