BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

Problem is that fans have very long memories and very seldom forgive what they deem as treason against the club.

Lucas was a good player for this club, whose exit was not very well handled by the player nor his agents. He could return and win us promotion single handed and still some on here will forgive him.

The fact that he is here trying to gain fitness suggests he is better not being offered a chance of returning to playing here.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lucas is obvioulsy a last resort for bowyer. He's seen him enough in training now. If he wanted him it would have happened by now.

He'll work the loan window and if nothing turns up then he will probably sign neil in my opinion

Lucas is obvioulsy a last resort for bowyer. He's seen him enough in training now. If he wanted him it would have happened by now.

He'll work the loan window and if nothing turns up then he will probably sign neil in my opinion

I'd have thought Neill would be perfect and that any stumbling block will be financial. What we want to pay for effectively a 35 year old bench warmer and what his agent will be hawking him around for and hoping to get once that loan window opens again.

I'd have thought Neill would be perfect and that any stumbling block will be financial. What we want to pay for effectively a 35 year old bench warmer and what his agent will be hawking him around for and hoping to get once that loan window opens again.

Got to agree with this. Only issue for me is his fitness and Bowyer will know about that...

See Lucas Neill is still a possibility according to Bowyer in the LT. Also he says it'll take another two transfer windows to get the squad he wants. I thought we were facing an embargo?

the transfer embargo would come in January 2015 not Summer 2014.

we dont know if these FFP will come in or the sanctions either. im sure that 5 or 6 teams will challenge them

Neill can play at CB can't he? If so would be a decent option as cover as we only have 2 others on the books. Hope that rumour about Henrique is right but there doesn't seem to be anything official about it.

He was the outstanding centre-half of the 2006 World Cup. He got linked with Barcelona because of it and it went to his head.

I expect he's older and wiser now and keen to put his past mistakes behind him.

He could be ideal for us.

I'm always ready to forgive a former cult hero.

He was the outstanding centre-half of the 2006 World Cup. He got linked with Barcelona because of it and it went to his head.

I expect he's older and wiser now and keen to put his past mistakes behind him.

He could be ideal for us.

I'm always ready to forgive a former cult hero.

Yeah. For some it would be sacrilege, but no-one painted a moustache on a statue of the BVM or burned a copy of the Koran....

the transfer embargo would come in January 2015 not Summer 2014.

we dont know if these FFP will come in or the sanctions either. im sure that 5 or 6 teams will challenge them

If it was applied I wonder if we would get leniency because of the efforts that have been made (albeit belatedly) to balance our books.

Surely if a team is obviously trying to trade itself out of a financial mess then stopping that club trading would be counter-productive?!

I don't really have an issue with him coming back. Time heals most wounds. But I do have concerns that he's too old and not up to the job. At the same time I don't think you could gauge much from his training ground performance either. Because being the way he is, I think he raises his game 10% in a competitive situation. But is that enough? All the heart, desire and determination in the world can't compensate if your legs have gone.

If it was applied I wonder if we would get leniency because of the efforts that have been made (albeit belatedly) to balance our books.

Surely if a team is obviously trying to trade itself out of a financial mess then stopping that club training would be counter-productive?!

I doubt there will be any leniency, it is fairly black and white I think. The question is really whether it will come in or not. The whole thing is a joke anyway. Recent figures showing Man City as having something like the 4th highest income in Europe shows what a joke it is. Basically if you can find some way of filtering money into a club, eg sponsorship, ground naming etc, you can put in what you like and noone can do anything about it. I like the idea of FFP but don't see it being fair in practise as it will just be anyother way of making the rich richer and making smaller clubs like us go away and stop bothering them.

BfVkqDJCIAAZqNh.jpg

Just got back from Berlin... Tears of joy at this photo... The nightmare is over. Darren Peacock MK2. Jeez there are some desperate clubs out there, more money than sense. He's absolute garbage, got to feel sorry for palace fans for what they're about to watch.

To sum up his career here in one word... Disaster.

Just got back from Berlin... Tears of joy at this photo... The nightmare is over. Darren Peacock MK2. Jeez there are some desperate clubs out there, more money than sense. He's absolute garbage, got to feel sorry for palace fans for what they're about to watch.

To sum up his career here in one word... Disaster.

Interesting to see how Palace will do. Pulis has done brilliant job there and really hard to understand what he sees in Dann.

I do have concerns that he's too old and not up to the job.

You might be right there, I've just looked up his recent history and its not too inspiring

He's been unable to get contract extensions from

Al Jazira

Al Wasl

Sydney FC

Omiya Ardija

Can't see how he's going to be able to perform in the Championship

Well, another player that was desperate to leave Rovers for better things but, like a lot of players that leave Rovers, his career nose dived. Add him to the list of players, including Santa Cruz and Bentley, whose careers went off the boil and wanted to return to Rovers.

It does beg the question as to how many players have left Rovers and gone on to become better players.

Aside from him wanting to play for a club at a reasonable level to try and get back in international reckoning didn't he marry a local lass ? So basically he's based back in the area for a number of reasons and wants a nice income whilst he's here, being the mercinary that he is. Like i said if he offers to play for free whilst he proves he's up to it then fair enough be we can't afford an attack of nostaligia just to do favours to people like him, let him do us one if he so wants.

Well, another player that was desperate to leave Rovers for better things but, like a lot of players that leave Rovers, his career nose dived. Add him to the list of players, including Santa Cruz and Bentley, whose careers went off the boil and wanted to return to Rovers.

It does beg the question as to how many players have left Rovers and gone on to become better players.

We often have that conversation about the (grass is greener) Ewood curse. Not many go on to prosper. Duffer is one of the few exceptions..in terms of medals won etc...but there aren't too many more. It is far easier to recall those who have flopped..Croque..Bentley, Samba roll off the tongue.

Archived