BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats Andy Morrison doing these days, maybe he wont mind coming in as defensive cover

p,s. I still cant believe we paid halve a million pounds for him back then, he was a lunatic(edit-and still is after just having a look at his wiki page)) sad that you don't get characters like that anymore and if he wasn't so injury prone he would have been a Legend(all be it in the lower leagues).

• Backroom

He's probably above us anyway and will be on decent wages just thought he'd offer some pace as a different option and Fulham may be happy to subsidise

Chaddy says no - that's that then

Varney is obviously a much better option

Very OTT reaction for you.

Rovers are looking for a backup striker or striker to come on from the bench.

HR isnt going to come here to be a back up striker. Rhodes and Gestede are clearly Bowyer first choices for starting up front for us.

plus Rovers couldnt afford his wages. Rovers are looking for Striker on low wages IMO..

Let's be honest, Neill's record over the past 2 years suggests he's finished. Not being able to hack it in the leagues he's recently been at suggests he's no chance of making it in the championship where it'll be tougher, more physical, and probably technically more demanding too.

Certainly need one center back, if not two. You always pretty much seem to play with 2, so 2 for cover is needed, Especially as I think it's the hardest position for other positions to cover. Can't see Henley, Kane, Lowe etc. doing a great job of covering. I guess we could also play Evans there but he is badly needed in the center of midfield.

Evans? Really? He is about 5 foot 4. Wrong brother. Wouldnt be surprised if we get an injury or sending off to Hanley or Kilgallon on Saturday though - sods law - so we definately need one in.

Whats Andy Morrison doing these days, maybe he wont mind coming in as defensive cover

p,s. I still cant believe we paid halve a million pounds for him back then, he was a lunatic(edit-and still is after just having a look at his wiki page)) sad that you don't get characters like that anymore and if he wasn't so injury prone he would have been a Legend(all be it in the lower leagues).

His book is a good read, a proper characters.

very overated player. no thanks. done nothing at Fulham since joining them. believe he's on wage wise around 40k a week. far too much for us to pay.

we only need a back up/sub Striker. Rhodes and Gestede are 1st choices.

Who says we need a backup?? Why cant we get a striker to come challenge the two? And who said we would pay all the wages?

Evans? Really? He is about 5 foot 4. Wrong brother. Wouldnt be surprised if we get an injury or sending off to Hanley or Kilgallon on Saturday though - sods law - so we definately need one in.

I'm sure I've read he's played center back before. Could be wrong, but was pretty convinced on this. Not that I'd move him as he's badly needed in the midfield

• Backroom

Who says we need a backup?? Why cant we get a striker to come challenge the two? And who said we would pay all the wages?

Some people speak with real authority on things they have no real knowledge of other than twitter gossip - which is fine just say that's what it is

So as expected Varney it is, massively uninspiring and equally unambitious but the manager must see something in him

Archived