Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signed, I can't contain my joy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26099907

Not questioning the signing but the timing.

Loan expires on May 11th due to 93 day rule. Play off final is 24th (I know it's a long shot!) but we've no game after today for 2 weeks. Wouldn't it have been better to wait unless someone else was in for him?

• Backroom

In fairness Bowyer has made some very poor signings but the ones he's got right have been superb and all of them low cost

If we can't get rid of best though id rather we somehow sorted that situation and used him instead of paying someone else

Time for Chaddy to say best will never play again - I get that but still think there are ways and means

Assuming you mean the likes of Marrow and Judge, I don't think they were actually signed for their ability, but their attitudes. With having in good-minded people like Taylor, Judge, Marrow and Spurr it must've encouraged other young talented lads that came (Evans, Cairney, Gestede).

In any case, I like Taylor and Judge :)

I think Bowyers transfer business has been nothing short of exceptional considering his lack of previous management and the fact that Tge previous regimes had dismantled the scouting system...

There's only Judge and Marrow who can be deemed to have flopped whilst Spurr, Cairney, Evans, Gestede and Marshall have been superb!!

Kilgallon and Conway are looking promising too.

All of this on a shoe string budget and negotiating massive egos and wages out of the back door. Speak with any Bolton fan and they're desperate to move the egos out and get some fresh new hungry players in.

In my mind the transfer business in a very difficult position has been superb...Bowyer and tactics on the other hand = must improve!!

I think Bowyers transfer business has been nothing short of exceptional considering his lack of previous management and the fact that Tge previous regimes had dismantled the scouting system...

There's only Judge and Marrow who can be deemed to have flopped whilst Spurr, Cairney, Evans, Gestede and Marshall have been superb!!

Kilgallon and Conway are looking promising too.

All of this on a shoe string budget and negotiating massive egos and wages out of the back door. Speak with any Bolton fan and they're desperate to move the egos out and get some fresh new hungry players in.

In my mind the transfer business in a very difficult position has been superb...Bowyer and tactics on the other hand = must improve!!

Just about sums up my feelings too. Bowyer deserves great credit but sometimes it can be like Groundhog Day watching the game. Hopefully the penny will drop soon and he will become a first grade manager.

Greedy slimy selfish turd

I'd like to add some perspective here Abbey.

One might opine the above sentiment is what Millwall fans thought of him when we were all happy to sign him. So...Shearer, Sutton, Sherwood, Le saux, Hendry, Ripley, Berg, Flowers etc etc etc were all the above too yet they won the Premier League title playing in the blue and white halves. btw For an closer comparison....did you similarly detest Colin Hendry when he came back from Man City?

Q. Out of our current starting XI or thereabouts which players are not greedy slimy selfish turds who have moved for more money?

A. Henley, Handley and Lowe.

I'd suggest that the likes of Dunn and Rhodes must also qualify as greedy, slimy, selfish turds too.

If Lucas Neill can do a good job and he is within our budget then that is absolutely fine by me. Jack Walker aint coming back Abbey.

Can somebody explain what Lucas Neil has done to be forgiven for his tactless exit?

Come on boys give it a break!! Neill was castigated as one of the first ever big-ish players to run his contract down and leave on a "Bosman" but there's been thousands since. The article previously posted on here proved that he was open and honest about not signing a new contract and then went on to play a full season..I never saw him pull out of a tackle or give less than 100%.

Put some perspective to this matter...

If Lucas Neill can do a good job and he is within our budget then that is absolutely fine by me. Jack Walker aint coming back Abbey.

This is the sole question to ask (although I'd add that the good job also should factor in the player's character, if they're a trouble maker etc.)

However I cannot see anything from the past 2 years that suggest he's up to championship level.

As so often is the case nuances and subtexts get lost in the mist of time. What seems to have been forgotten about Neill is that for his first two or three seasons with us he was garbage. He was a ticking timebomb, reckless in the tackle, woeful in possession and often an accident waiting to happen. Funnily enough his form seemed to pick up just before the 2006 World Cup. Australia had qualified.

Following an excellent World Cup Neill was too good for Rovers. It seemed that, as far as he was concerned, he didn't owe us for the crap he regularly produced in his first two or three seasons during which we would have been well within our rights to bin him off. He rewarded Rovers patience by snubbing the club despite being awarded the captaincy and making childish gestures at supporters who had put up with his crap performances during the first part of his career with us. (he also had a hissy fit about the Australia captaincy)

@#/? him

Wonder if United fans are going to be so unforgiving to Vidic when he leaves

your comparing vidic and lucash?.....what ?really?

Can somebody explain what Lucas Neil has done to be forgiven for his tactless exit?

im speechless some can...i know i cant. I actually hate him more than any player that has ever left us.He winds me up just to see him.

Sorry but I haven't seen him play in that time, I'd better wait until I do before I comment or else I might make a right dick of myself.

Am sure you're capable of that regardless.

Think struggling in several lesser leagues would be strong evidence to suggest he's not up to it. Would love to be proved wrong, and we cannot say for certain, but the evidence points to him not being up to it. When you can get a club in Australia or the Arabic world, then it suggests you're getting towards the scrap heap.

Archived