BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

Exactly pal umpteen birds , 2 ex wives & 5 jobs all lost following rovers home & away .

Yet Abbey you said you'd pack in if we re-signed Lucas Neill!!! Whats he done to you to cause so much vitriol..... nicked both those wives?

Shame that you dont apply the Sam logic to the dead man that your being so cynical of in the Philip Seymour Hoffman thread.

Pardon? Whose thread again?

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Price and Fred Pick as well.

I was thinking that more have come back than I would have thought, and some very well known ones too.. For instance, I'd quite forgotten that Waggy came back. Not sure if he got much time on the pitch though. Johnny Byrom came back after years of dog's abuse from the Blackburn End. Always sorry I never saw him the first time around.

Any additions to the following? Dunny, Fred the Pick, Byrom, Waggy, Hendry, Price, Metcalfe ( in time to deliver the best own goal of all time).

No doubts which was the most successful Rovers return...think Rudolph Walker and Jack Smethurst in 70's sitcom!

An experienced, international captain on a short term pay as you play basis.

Absolute no brainer for me. Bowyer sign him up!

As mentioned above with Hendry and Berg. Add Santa Cruz and Bentley to the list of players who have left under a cloud, but welcomed back by the fans!

The saddest part of it all for me is, that last time Neill wore the blue n white halves, we were in Europe!

Yea Evans says on his twitter page he's a centre back and centre mid

Salgado I can confirm that a/c is a fake as confirmed by onerovers.

....and a partridge in a pear treeeeeee!

:lol: very good Mike love it

those saying we are going overboard with Lucash there is a very good reason for this he lied to every fan he said he wanted to leave to better his career so if he signed for L'pool I could understand it but he went and signed for WHU and then tried to justify it by saying he was a fan of Bobby Moore it was never the fact about him wanting to leave it was more about the way he engineered the move if he was up front and honest about his reasons for leaving I could understand it but the fact he lied about it still sticks in my throat and I would be very unhappy if he returned there is also another point that I am aprehensive about him returning as he is 36 now and I am unsure whether he has the legs for the championship the Smurfs/Etuhu experiment hasn't exactly been a success.

Santa Cruz left under a cloud? City overpaid for him after he had a mediocre second season for us. I think most fans thought it was for the better. Bentley also went for a solid fee while Neill played out his contract and kept the money to himself - though after serving excellently for a number of seasons before that.

I personally have few issues with Lucash, he left a good few years ago now, and if I thought him re-signing was of mutual benefit then I would applaud it. Unfortunately I don't believe that to be the case, but if he's given a contract he can happily prove me wrong. At 35 I don't think he's too old but considering the level he's played at the past couple of years I have my doubts. As a backup on a pay as you play deal we don't have much to lose though.

Exactly - it was the manner of Lucash's move that turned fans against him. I said before, if he had signed for Liverpool it would've been different.

Good comparison to the 'experienced' signings of Murphy, Etuhu, Gomes - they don't have the commitment to play in the Championship and are just on a last payday. I'd only consider Neill if we were desperate.

• Backroom

Exactly - it was the manner of Lucash's move that turned fans against him. I said before, if he had signed for Liverpool it would've been different.

Good comparison to the 'experienced' signings of Murphy, Etuhu, Gomes - they don't have the commitment to play in the Championship and are just on a last payday. I'd only consider Neill if we were desperate.

As others have said: what 'manner'? It was about as professional a departure as you'd get in football. Where he chose to go didn't matter.

Frankly I was quite glad he started gibing a bit back to the idiots who booed him.

As far as having him back is concerned, fine by me if Bowyer thinks he's up to it.

Salgado I can confirm that a/c is a fake as confirmed by onerovers.

:lol: very good Mike love it

those saying we are going overboard with Lucash there is a very good reason for this he lied to every fan he said he wanted to leave to better his career so if he signed for L'pool I could understand it but he went and signed for WHU and then tried to justify it by saying he was a fan of Bobby Moore it was never the fact about him wanting to leave it was more about the way he engineered the move if he was up front and honest about his reasons for leaving I could understand it but the fact he lied about it still sticks in my throat and I would be very unhappy if he returned there is also another point that I am aprehensive about him returning as he is 36 now and I am unsure whether he has the legs for the championship the Smurfs/Etuhu experiment hasn't exactly been a success.

What he said

Or you're just rubbish in bed.

I guarantee I would make you squeal like a pig

Had a slight touch of nostalgia last night seeing Neil in a (tight) Rovers shirt again but like has been said it was probably more to do with remembering how good we were when he last wore one. The issues i have are that he's proved himself a mercenary and if he's here now it's because it benefits him not Blackburn Rovers. if he can do a job, will do it for modest money and be backup then fair enough i suppose as it looks like he's here to stay. The thing is if he wants to go to the WC why would he come to Rovers and sit on the bench ?

An experienced, international captain on a short term pay as you play basis.

Absolute no brainer for me. Bowyer sign him up!

As mentioned above with Hendry and Berg. Add Santa Cruz and Bentley to the list of players who have left under a cloud, but welcomed back by the fans!

The saddest part of it all for me is, that last time Neill wore the blue n white halves, we were in Europe!

thought Neil looked fair decent last night but i was judging that on him playing for the under 21's

For anyone who is even slightly interested, just back from Yeovil v Millwall and DJ Campbell is still sh!t Hope we manage to shift him in the summer.

I posted about his performance in the Championship thread earlier, only going off BBC text service, but he sounded v poor.

Millwall scored as soon as they subbed him.

The Lucas Neill thing is strange - if he wants games to get back into the Aussie squad why would he come to us? - where he is unlikely to get a game (unless he clatters Killgallon in training.) He must have absolutely no other offers.

I would hope it would be a pay if you play deal. But whatever the package I think a lot of fans (myself included) will struggle to see his arrival as a step forward, which to the credit of Bowyer and co. we now expect.

He's replaced Dann right?

His wages will be a damned sight less than Scott Danns thats for sure, his defensive capability hopefully on a par and his distribution light years in front. The middle one is the main concern but if those three prove correct then it's not a bad deal at all.

I posted about his performance in the Championship thread earlier, only going off BBC text service, but he sounded v poor.

Millwall scored as soon as they subbed him.

He was anonymous for the whole game really, forgot he was playing up until he came off... Still, lets hope Varney is more effective when he gets the chance - certainly sounds like he wants to make a mark.

Archived