BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made the comment somewhere that we ought to be happy cos I was quite impressed with them and if they'd had a decent striker we'd have been beaten. Seems they've got a half decent one now.

They've also signed Leon Best on loan.

Wierd isn't it?

I really don't see the point in helping out clubs in the same division like this either, paid loan to the end of the season or buzz off is what they should be saying.

Possibly because he's an odious influence who undermines the manager? Even if it's for a month, Brockhall will no doubt be a better place without him. In his mind, Best thinks he's Daniel Sturridge, when in reality he's a poor man's Jay Bothroyd.

Best really is a bizarre character, isn't he?

Please sign Neill...he is free and the kind of influence we need.

Quality player...and always did the right thing by both himself and the club. Be nice for him to put right the unfair treatment he received from Rovers fans. How dare he play in such a committed way for the club - while being sold for far more than we originally paid - before moving on. Oh yeah, sorry, he didn't go on to Barcelona but West Ham for good money..so he's Judas etc etc. But, he said some thing about ambition, big keaning deal when he meant he'd get paid sh!tl0ads, and??????

Get him in. Get Best out. Let's look upwards and forward, not backwards or downwards...

Fear not, he'll be back. He makes Bothroyd look like George Weah. Could be the worst striker I've event seen in the blue and white halves and I go back beyond the big guy we bought from Brentford who's name rightfully escapes me.

John O'Mara. Another useless lump.

I believe in the loan window you can only get 28 day loans I believe this is the new rule it also states this loan is an emergency 28 day loan maybe someone else more familiar with the rules can confirm this. I also hope they extend the 28 day loan.

As Kamy also states Best's behaviour is totally disgraceful as a very good friend of both mine and Kamy's was spoken to in a disgusting way by Best on twitter the friend in question is a very calm placid bloke used to post on here but when I saw the twitter exchange I was absolutely disgusted at the way Best was speaking and needless to say good riddance to bad rubbish!

Beat me to it.

But at least O'mara knew he was crap and didn't demand £35k a week.

Ah! But he'd have taken it surely? Just like Paul McKinnon took whatever we saw fit to pay him. Difference being I bet O'mara and McKinnon were honest lads. Best should never have been bought, would never have been bought by anyone with any semblance of sense because he's an absolute wrong un. We all know that. The fact he was given a 4 year contract just shows the contempt Kean had for this club, the fact that someone signed it off... let me think who...

Any player signed by that manager should go. Any left? I mean there's been such a churn its frightening. It's a miracle we've a chance of t h e play offs imo. This was always going to be a long term fix. A very long term fix. If they're still bank rolling this car crash next season, then despite their incredible, unbelievable, feckwizardy, perhaps they should get a bit of leeway? I mean surely we could have got 3m for Rhodes? Not bothered signing Conway, Cairney, Rudy?

Then again I'll never forgive nor forget. keaning idiots. But the alternative really isn't worth contemplating. The debt is frightening.

Ah! But he'd have taken it surely? Just like Paul McKinnon took whatever we saw fit to pay him. Difference being I bet O'mara and McKinnon were honest lads. Best should never have been bought, would never have been bought by anyone with any semblance of sense because he's an absolute wrong un. We all know that. The fact he was given a 4 year contract just shows the contempt Kean had for this club, the fact that someone signed it off... let me think who...

Any player signed by that manager should go. Any left? I mean there's been such a churn its frightening. It's a miracle we've a chance of t h e play offs imo. This was always going to be a long term fix. A very long term fix. If they're still bank rolling this car crash next season, then despite their incredible, unbelievable, feckwizardy, perhaps they should get a bit of leeway? I mean surely we could have got 3m for Rhodes? Not bothered signing Conway, Cairney, Rudy?

Then again I'll never forgive nor forget. keaning idiots. But the alternative really isn't worth contemplating.

Back in 1972 or 3 my mate and I went into the in the Dirty Duck after a Bolton night match had been postponed. Some of the players came in. They were all friendly and normal. We had a conversation with O'Mara about Bob Dylan!

It's just a simple judge of fate.

Surely Bob must have written something on the lines of 'keaned over by a parasitic set of keans'

And we're all 'tangled up in blue'.

I always assumed Bob was a Rovers fan. Off the to of my head, he namechecks Montague St(Tangled up in Blue).... and one of the Rebello brothers( Hurricane).

Fear not, he'll be back. He makes Bothroyd look like George Weah. Could be the worst striker I've event seen in the blue and white halves and I go back beyond the big guy we bought from Brentford who's name rightfully escapes me.

Bit unfair that. Jay Bothroyd did have much quality imo. Good in the air, decent control and good balance with a kick like a mule with both feet. Just the almost obligatory attitude problem.

He played 'just like a woman'

Maybe he was " Only A Pawn In The Game ". This thread could run and run. Shame Best couldn't ! As I'm writing this "The Times They Are A Changin " just came on the radio. Weird.

Bit unfair that. Jay Bothroyd did have much quality imo. Good in the air, decent control and good balance with a kick like a mule with both feet. Just the almost obligatory attitude problem.

The only time I saw " The kick like a Mule " was when he booted that Norwich player up the arse ! He'd got the brains of a mule.

Imo Bothroyd is a better striker than Leon Best by a fair way, as said same crap attitude and often lazy on the pitch but he could finish. Proved himself at Championship level but didn't have the injuries of Best of course.

Archived