BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baz, Hopefully we can get Keane in. very good centre back at this level.

Spurr can play there but I would prefer Keane in. keep Spurr at left back.

my point was I didn't expect us to bring a new defender unless either Dann or Kilgallon got an injury

Mine was this was a situation thats hardly unexpected. Oh and by the way if Hanley is out for several weeks, even with a CH on loan, it gives us exactly zero cover. Personally i wonder if Hanleys injury is related in anyway to the upcoming internationals.

• Backroom

Good job we didn't bring someone in just in case!

Oh wait Bowyer may bring someone in, that is also great!

Ah its only a vital position they don't need to know their teammates anyway

Ps putting being flippant aside it may be false rumours and he may be just fine but I still feel we should have brought an option in

Kamy, surely Bowyer would have wanted.a cover centre back in but maybe we could get who we want or finances didnt allow it unless one got injured.

Brought in Varney, wheres the priority?

Keane has just come back from an 8 match loan spell at Derby. Obviously a decent player to help derby in the run they have been on. However we may not need him if the Hanley rumour is just that, a rumour.

Are you serious? We need him alright, what team striving to get into the playoffs can take a risk that neither of their only 2 centre-backs won't get injured? Its amateurish AND insane.

Are you serious? We need him alright, what team striving to get into the playoffs can take a risk that neither of their only 2 centre-backs won't get injured? Its amateurish AND insane.

We are in a ridicuolous situation where the day before a big game we are looking to bring a player in on loan (if the rumours are true). That alone is fraught with danger. Serious questions need to be asked of Bowyer on this one. Why did Dabo sign when we have a glut of players who can play in that position and the real problem area in the squad wasn't addressed?

BUT - would the quality of player needed have come to Rovers to sit on the bench ? IF Hanley is injured - Bowyer has moved quickly to replace him with Keane - which makes you wonder whether Keane has always been a possibility.

Archived