BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

But we didn't get one did we? Largely, I suspect, because no experienced manager of any worth would come near the Rovers job with a barge pole. Most of understand that in an ideal world we would have started the season with an experienced manager with a track record. We didn't for one reason or another so, most of us, support the manager we have as he needs the support and is doing quite well in trying circumstances.

Some of us however, choose to slag off the manager for reasons best known to themselves.

We didn't get one because we never intended to find one.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But we didn't get one did we? Largely, I suspect, because no experienced manager of any worth would come near the Rovers job with a barge pole. Most of understand that in an ideal world we would have started the season with an experienced manager with a track record. We didn't for one reason or another so, most of us, support the manager we have as he needs the support and is doing quite well in trying circumstances.

Some of us however, choose to slag off the manager for reasons best known to themselves.

Also Chris this isn't the kind of mistake even a rookie manager should make. It's so basic it's untrue.

Trying the Lowe-Williamson partnership, being overly cautious vs weaker teams, signing youngsters like Judge who he's worked with before, are all novice mistakes, and part of the learning curve (the question is does he stop doing these mistakes and learn from them). Not having more than 2 center halves in the squad isn't an inexperience mistake - it's plain incompetence.

Also Chris this isn't the kind of mistake even a rookie manager should make. It's so basic it's untrue.

Trying the Lowe-Williamson partnership, being overly cautious vs weaker teams, signing youngsters like Judge who he's worked with before, are all novice mistakes, and part of the learning curve (the question is does he stop doing these mistakes and learn from them). Not having more than 2 center halves in the squad isn't an inexperience mistake - it's plain incompetence.

Or a manager whose had his pocket money taken away? IMO its looking like Venkys have stopped his funding to bring someone in even on loan.

Or a manager whose had his pocket money taken away? IMO its looking like Venkys have stopped his funding to bring someone in even on loan.

If that is the case why has he not brought back O'Connor and/or O'Connell? Yesterday we ended up with Spurr and Henley (yes Hanley) as centre halves. Absolutely desperate from Bowyer and he should be accountable to every Rovers fan for his crazy decisions. He is so far out of his depth it scares me.

I too see it that the funding has run out,

We will know for certain if nothing happens this coming weak.

We face the best Burnley side in years with our worst side in years in 7 days time. Well done Venky's this is the the journey we all saw coming three years ago and our destination has nearly arrived. Unfortunately duty says I will have to witness and suffer it. Dyche has left Bowyer trailing in his wake over the last 12 months.

I feel sorry for Bowyer with the injuries but as I have said before on here he has been found out to be a slow learner and his midfield pairing must be the two worst in this league. L and W ended up chasing shadows at Barnsley and look where they are right now.

If that is the case why has he not brought back O'Connor and/or O'Connell? Yesterday we ended up with Spurr and Henley (yes Hanley) as centre halves. Absolutely desperate from Bowyer and he should be accountable to every Rovers fan for his crazy decisions. He is so far out of his depth it scares me.

O'Connor and O'Connell are both playing so gaining experience. GB may have thought Henley was going to be OK so thought it best to leave them where they were. It could be neither have recall clauses daft as it sounds.

Crazy that we have only 2 Cb with no contingency plan I agree especially as yesterday we appear to have 0.

Does need explaining. Something for our new D.of Comms. to expalin.

Also if it is a case of having his pocket money taken away, I'm assuming (maybe naively) that he would have known there were limited funds. In which case why bring in Dabo and Varney when center back is a more pressing need? Or, as others have said, recalling any of our loan players, or maybe there are players who we could get in on loan and not have to pay the wages for (less likely but possible). I don't buy that Bowyer's helpless in all of this, as we've brought in at least Varney in our period of austerity. Not sure we can get away from this being a grade A clanger.

Also if it is a case of having his pocket money taken away, I'm assuming (maybe naively) that he would have known there were limited funds. In which case why bring in Dabo and Varney when center back is a more pressing need? Or, as others have said, recalling any of our loan players, or maybe there are players who we could get in on loan and not have to pay the wages for (less likely but possible). I don't buy that Bowyer's helpless in all of this, as we've brought in at least Varney in our period of austerity. Not sure we can get away from this being a grade A clanger.

Maybe he thought Lucas neil would be the answer ?

But it was a grade A clanger ...

I too see it that the funding has run out,

We will know for certain if nothing happens this coming weak.

We face the best Burnley side in years with our worst side in years in 7 days time. Well done Venky's this is the the journey we all saw coming three years ago and our destination has nearly arrived. Unfortunately duty says I will have to witness and suffer it. Dyche has left Bowyer trailing in his wake over the last 12 months.

I feel sorry for Bowyer with the injuries but as I have said before on here he has been found out to be a slow learner and his midfield pairing must be the two worst in this league. L and W ended up chasing shadows at Barnsley and look where they are right now.

This is our worst side for a long, long time. Could be our worst side since the early 1970's.

This is our worst side for a long, long time. Could be our worst side since the early 1970's.

An over reaction slightly ....

The problem we have is the manager is not up to the mark just like all of them since Sam ..

Personally , i do not think Burnley have better players than we have but have got a far superior manager ...

Players like Marney, Jones , Vokes etc are not worldbeaters ..But Dyche has got them playing in his system .....

Until , the owners take the managers job seriously we will continue to tread water ...Best thing is for the owners do one !

Maybe an over reaction but there is not a lot in it for sure.

Certainly the Mackay, Saxton sides as well as Kendall's would certainly give the current CM's a game. They dont compare to anything since the early 90's that's for sure.

Scott Sellers, Mackenzie and Kendall himself, Metcalfe, Randall were all better in my opinion. You have to pinch yourself to realise that that is our current competitive offering. It makes you weep.

Maybe an over reaction but there is not a lot in it for sure.

Certainly the Mackay, Saxton sides as well as Kendall's would certainly give the current CM's a game. They dont compare to anything since the early 90's that's for sure.

Scott Sellers, Mackenzie and Kendall himself, Metcalfe, Randall were all better in my opinion. You have to pinch yourself to realise that that is our current competitive offering. It makes you weep.

I am 100% in agreement with that ....

I'm hoping Rovers bring in an experience centre back. I would go for Paddy McCarthy who is available for a loan to a championship team according to couple of reports in the newspapers this weekend. he is natural leader and club captain of Palace. I feel we need a leader and PM has a lot of experience of championship which we need in the team at the moment.

WBA head coach Pepe Mel has said that Dawson isn't available for loan at the present time.

I'm hoping Rovers bring in an experience centre back. I would go for Paddy McCarthy who is available for a loan to a championship team according to couple of reports in the newspapers this weekend. he is natural leader and club captain of Palace. I feel we need a leader and PM has a lot of experience of championship which we need in the team at the moment.

WBA head coach Pepe Mel has said that Dawson isn't available for loan at the present time.

Hang on that's coming dangerously close to criticizing Bowyer. Saying we need an experienced center back and having been without one for a while...

He's the wrong side of 30 and only played 1 league game in two years, surely we can aim a bit higher than that.

Quite possible that he had previously been told funds would be available - so wasn't a choice as such - just that those players became available before a loan was set up for a half decent centre half. Then he has his plans turned upside down when they refuse to sanction a loan ?

Chaddy I thought you would be saying who the latest loan signing we are getting in according to the sunday people.

Archived