BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

Quite possible that he had previously been told funds would be available - so wasn't a choice as such - just that those players became available before a loan was set up for a half decent centre half. Then he has his plans turned upside down when they refuse to sanction a loan ?

Again, anything is possible with our owners, but it seems a tad surprising for them to make such a decision so quickly after the Varney loan (to permanent) deal is done. Anything is possible with our incompetent owners, and it wouldn't surprise me, however the timings seem a little off for this to be the case.

Not sure which is a worse prospect - our owners being fickle and deciding to show their involvement incompetence again, or Bowyer being foolish and not getting in a cb. Neither makes for good reading.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, anything is possible with our owners, but it seems a tad surprising for them to make such a decision so quickly after the Varney loan (to permanent) deal is done. Anything is possible with our incompetent owners, and it wouldn't surprise me, however the timings seem a little off for this to be the case.

Not sure which is a worse prospect - our owners being fickle and deciding to show their involvement incompetence again, or Bowyer being foolish and not getting in a cb. Neither makes for good reading.

Whichever scenario is correct illustrates the club is still not being properly run.

It was but the orchestra needs a conducter.

True but one who does not put his star violin player as the kettle drummer in the left percussion section and base the entire piece on two guys who play the whoopee cushion , over and over and over again.

The teams that took us there certainly didn't.

That is a good point. I know Gallacher has said more than once that the team showed no heart.

I seem to remember the team that got relegated under Hodgson/Kidd showed a complete defeatism and lack of bottle. Kidd even went on about rubber dinghy men and motivation needing to come from within etc .... Gallacher was part of that team . Even when he was out injured, he would have seen and smelt the dressing room atmosphere....

Hang on that's coming dangerously close to criticizing Bowyer. Saying we need an experienced center back and having been without one for a while...

I think Bowyer should have bought in a loan centre back before now. one should have bought in before the January transfer window closed or at very latest the first week of loan window being open. Bowyer has to take the blame for this. We have know for 6 months that Dann would be available for sale if Rovers got the right deal. Bowyer should had the replacement line up to come during January.

The only reason why I think of is that the centre back he wanted wasn't available to bring him in.

He's the wrong side of 30 and only played 1 league game in two years, surely we can aim a bit higher than that.

He is available for loan according to media reports.

but they don't seem to be very many loan centre backs available from Premier League clubs.

A centre back was always needed but maybe the player Bowyer wanted to replace Dann was injured or going to cost too come January or he thought Songo'o would be Dann replacement but he deemed he wasn't ready for Championship football and that's why he has sent out on loan to Ross County.

Tom M, my point was that Clearly that Bowyer was happy to just have 2 centre backs in the squad since selling Dann without having a replacement in place. this was a mistake IMO

no need unless Hanley or Kilgallon got an injury tbh it seems be. Spurr can play there.

my point was I didn't expect us to bring a new defender unless either Dann or Kilgallon got an injury

Kamy, surely Bowyer would have wanted.a cover centre back in but maybe we could get who we want or finances didnt allow it unless one got injured.

I think Bowyer should have bought in a loan centre back before now. one should have bought in before the January transfer window closed or at very latest the first week of loan window being open. Bowyer has to take the blame for this. We have know for 6 months that Dann would be available for sale if Rovers got the right deal. Bowyer should had the replacement line up to come during January.

I'd say you've covered pretty much every base there, chaddy.

I'd say you've covered pretty much every base there, chaddy.

very good for you Stuart.

the first two posts I have said that its pretty clear to see that Bowyer was happy with just Kilgalllon and Hanley plus Spurr aswell. then I said that I didnt Bowyer to bring a loan centre back unless one of Hanley or Kilgallon got injured.

my view is that we should have bought in centre back before now before the injuries to Hanley or Kilgallon. but Bowyer decided not to. it costed us points on Saturday.

is this ok for you Stuart?

A week ago you said that a defender wasn't needed I thought

He did haha and that there was only Keane available worldwide .. Shot me down in flames on twitter for saying exactly what he said haha

Bless chaddy your special

He did haha and that there was only Keane available worldwide .. Shot me down in flames on twitter for saying exactly what he said haha

Bless chaddy your special

I said Keane was available on loan but said they arent many centre backs available for loan from premiership clubs at the minute. when I ask u to name somebody who we could bring you couldnt!!!

I said Keane was available on loan but said they arent many centre backs available for loan from premiership clubs at the minute. when I ask u to name somebody who we could bring you couldnt!!!

you said only Keane available.....

Chris Chadwick @Roversfan4ever Mar 1

@broncoblue69 @Northern_Rover Hutton a right bk. NOT a centre half. only Michael Keane available but wants 1st team footy. not sat on bench

8:20 PM - 1 Mar 2014 · Details ·

you said only Keane available.....

Chris Chadwick ‏@Roversfan4ever Mar 1

@broncoblue69 @Northern_Rover Hutton a right bk. NOT a centre half. only Michael Keane available but wants 1st team footy. not sat on bench

8:20 PM - 1 Mar 2014 · Details ·
Abbey, I am fully aware of what I said.

Michael Keane is available for loan just like Alan Nixon and The LT today reported.

then I read on Sunday that Mccarthy from Palace is available for loan.

but I havent heard or read anything about any other centre backs being available from any PL teams.

when I ask you to name a player to bring in. YOU COULDNT. you like to abuse me for naming players to bring in but you CANT Name anyone.

Abbey, I am fully aware of what I said.

Michael Keane is available for loan just like Alan Nixon and The LT today reported.

then I read on Sunday that Mccarthy from Palace is available for loan.

but I havent heard or read anything about any other centre backs being available from any PL teams.

when I ask you to name a player to bring in. YOU COULDNT.

Difference is Abbey isn't paid big money to ensure our squad isn't caught out with only one center back fit! I'm fairly confident if he had Bowyer's contact book, inside the game info, and scouting network Abbey might have more of an idea. And if Abbey was in charge of Rovers then it'd be his responsibility to ensure that he knew who to get, and get them in. As it is, that's not the case.

Edit - Argh everyone posted the same thing at the same time. Incidentally another chap that could've worked out was the lad released by Palace who went to Wolves, Welsh chap who's name eludes me.

Chaddy, I can't make up my mind whether you are the most optimistic person in the world or the most sycophantic.

The twists,turns and somersaults you perform to justify opinions you've totally contradicted are frankly embarasssing.

I think its time to lay off Chaddy.

The real blame is on Bowyer, who sold Dann but failed to bring in anyone capable of a 1st team place. Dabo (sorry Tom) isnt what we needed if its march and he's still getting fit, Varney again is at best a fringe 1st team player, another DJ Campbell. We where short of centre halves prior to January, and now we have 1 less. Has Bowyer got a plan to mould a squad capable of putting a run together? I honestly dont feel he knows what he really wants, as much as Im sure he's a nice guy, nice guys win little as managers.

Archived