BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

yes Tom M, he was incorrect on the 50 mil budget granted BUT has got a lot of stories correct. just like any journalist does. they DONT ALWAYS get everything 100% correct.

don't think he ever said Bolton were going to Rhodes, just that Bolton and their manager Freedman had a interest in Rhodes and wanted to sign him.

They went to Horwich

:D

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abbey, this info is from Alan Nixon. he was 100% right that Hanley was injured. also correct that Rovers wanted Keane from Utd. also LT reported this week aswell dont forget.

We will most likely need two centre backs in if Kilgallon and Hanley are both injured more. we need to get this sorted asap.

nicko said hanley was out for the season is that the truth?get your head out of nixons backside.you act like i did when i was 9

Abbey, this info is from Alan Nixon. he was 100% right that Hanley was injured. also correct that Rovers wanted Keane from Utd. also LT reported this week aswell dont forget.

We will most likely need two centre backs in if Kilgallon and Hanley are both injured more. we need to get this sorted asap.

We needed this sorting when Givet left in August.

Anyway 2 players in on emergency loan at centre half, if one is Keane who is the other? I find it unbelievable for a professional club to be in this position. I can only hope Grant has a Jordan Rhodes type international injury.

I work over in Nelson and i can tell you the dingles are very confident about Sunday,

Baz they are TOO CONFIDENT ..let's hope the players have same attitude.

Agreed, but then again I hope ours go out and have a bloomin go at em too, thats their weakness.

Maybe Derek's fax machine has buggered again? The trust uploaded a picture of him earlier on Twitter. He's looking absolutely massive.

Gav I thought he was the 2nd pregnant man on the earth! :D

The issue with Keane and him missing from tonights U21 match is intriguing. was he injured and then withdrew or has he made his way to Ewood to sign for the rest of the season?

1864 according to twitter apparently the FA cocked up due to paperwork not being in on time they couldn't include him no idea if that;s true or not just what was said earlier.

• Backroom

yes Tom M, he was incorrect on the 50 mil budget granted BUT has got a lot of stories correct. just like any journalist does. they DONT ALWAYS get everything 100% correct.

don't think he ever said Bolton were going to Rhodes, just that Bolton and their manager Freedman had a interest in Rhodes and wanted to sign him.

Of course they don't but I don't think anyone has too much inside track on what's going on at Ewood

Nicko used to be as good as anyone nationally at one point on rovers news and seemed to have a genuine care for the club as seen on the jack walker doc but since the new owners came in he's no more accurate than anyone else unfortunately

His 11 o clockers were entertaining back in the day whether correct or not

Of course they don't but I don't think anyone has too much inside track on what's going on at Ewood

Nicko used to be as good as anyone nationally at one point on rovers news and seemed to have a genuine care for the club as seen on the jack walker doc but since the new owners came in he's no more accurate than anyone else unfortunately

His 11 o clockers were entertaining back in the day whether correct or not

Well he had something with the Hanley story when others claimed there was no injury at all.

Wouldn't be any surprise if Hanley was pressed back into action causing the injury to worsten.

Tom M, you have made a fair points there granted. I think Nicko is a good source of info just like Kamy, Mani are.

in Today's LT, they are reporting that Rovers are closing in on Michael Keane. he didnt play last night due to FA admin problem.

Everybody has a go at Nicko these days (including me!) but he was quite often right. He was the first to tell us we were signing Robbie Fowler from Liverpool and the first to tell us we were signing Keith Andrews from MK Dons.

He was incredulous about both. I remember that most dismissed the stories as too ridiculous. He got a lot wrong , (who wouldn't with the Raos?) but by no means all.

'Keane' and 'Kean'. That little difference might count for a lot ;)

You mean like s-h-i-t and s-h-i-t-e adding an e on the end doesnt change much heh heh

He was also 100% incorrect that we had a £50m budget and that Rhodes was going to Bolton

No he was right we just did not know 50mil was going to be blown on JA Kean Shebby portugeezers and other off the field expenses

Ridiculous that we're scratching round for kids months after Dann left and days before such a big game.

4-1/2 weeks is months now? hell im now 167 years old

You mean like s-h-i-t and s-h-i-t-e adding an e on the end doesnt change much heh heh

No he was right we just did not know 50mil was going to be blown on JA Kean Shebby portugeezers and other off the field expenses

4-1/2 weeks is months now? hell im now 167 years old

Ok, weeks.

Feels like months when you're route learning on the railway ;-)

• Backroom

Au contraire, Kevin Bridges does a good little routine about the difference between those two very words ;)

Plenty of Premier League centre backs not getting game time.

A 28 day loan for

Mariappa - Crystal Palace

Alcaraz - Everton

Bennett - Norwich

Yoshida - Southampton

Cuellar - Sunderland

Dawson - West Brom

Still can't believe Songo'o, O'Connell or Edwards haven't been recalled from their loans!

Failing those, tell Short and Col to bring their boots to Brockhall just in case!

Plenty of Premier League centre backs not getting game time.

A 28 day loan for

Mariappa - Crystal Palace

Alcaraz - Everton

Bennett - Norwich

Yoshida - Southampton

Cuellar - Sunderland

Dawson - West Brom

Still can't believe Songo'o, O'Connell or Edwards haven't been recalled from their loans!

Failing those, tell Short and Col to bring their boots to Brockhall just in case!

The fact that the loan players haven't been recalled speaks volumes about where the club see their current abilities.

Hopefully a new CB in the building very soon I hear..

Archived