BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still can't believe Songo'o, O'Connell or Edwards haven't been recalled from their loans!

Failing those, tell Short and Col to bring their boots to Brockhall just in case!

Edwards played for the Under 21 just a few days ago.

Plenty of Premier League centre backs not getting game time.

A 28 day loan for

Mariappa - Crystal Palace

Alcaraz - Everton

Bennett - Norwich

Yoshida - Southampton

Cuellar - Sunderland

Dawson - West Brom

Still can't believe Songo'o, O'Connell haven't been recalled from their loans!

are any of those players available for loan tho??? IMO, I cant see Palace, Norwich, Everton, Sunderland or WBA letting any players out on loan when they have Europe or Staying up in the PL to play for. might need those players at some point.

WBA have already said Dawson isn't atm. said a couple of weeks ago by Pepe Mel.

on the Subject of recalling Songo'o or O'Connell, it looks like those loan deal didn't have a recall clause in those deals. otherwise I think O'Connell would have been back here.

The fact that the loan players haven't been recalled speaks volumes about where the club see their current abilities.

Hopefully a new CB in the building very soon I hear..

must be Michael Keane then on loan

A 28 day loan for

Alcaraz - Everton

Bennett - Norwich

Yoshida - Southampton

Cuellar - Sunderland

Dawson - West Brom

Still can't believe Songo'o, O'Connell or Edwards haven't been recalled from their loans!

Failing those, tell Short and Col to bring their boots to Brockhall just in case!

My mate plays in a Veterans league and played against Colin Hendry last weekend... If what he said is anything to go by... we'd be better off putting all 10 outfield players in the box and telling them not to go anywhere like West Ham did at Chelsea a few weeks back... doesn't matter about being a centre half or even being good at defending when you do that, there's literally no space for the other team to do anything with...

Worked for West Ham...

I'd happily take a draw this weekend!!!

My mate plays in a Veterans league and played against Colin Hendry last weekend... If what he said is anything to go by... we'd be better off putting all 10 outfield players in the box and telling them not to go anywhere like West Ham did at Chelsea a few weeks back... doesn't matter about being a centre half or even being good at defending when you do that, there's literally no space for the other team to do anything with...

Worked for West Ham...

I'd happily take a draw this weekend!!!

er, what did he say?

Sorry mate... LOL!!!

Hendry looked below average for that level, and certainly wasn't their best player.

I know playing in a vets league on Sundays won't give you the motivation that playing in a Rovers v Scum derby would... but I'd rather try and shut up shop completely with 11 able bodied players!!!

Hey... I'm talking like it could happen... like playing Colin Hendry or Craig Short could be a viable option...

Hang on though... this is Rovers we're talking about... absolutely anything is possible isn't it!!! LOL

Hey that's very good way of highlighting my typo. You should be a teacher of disaffected youth...correction with a joke!

That is kind of you to say, are you a disaffected yooff ?

A 28 day loan for

Alcaraz - Everton

Bennett - Norwich

Yoshida - Southampton

Cuellar - Sunderland

Dawson - West Brom

Excellent post - and that's from someone (I assume - apologies if wrong) who is not in the know. Worth asking at least. If this is what people on a message board can think of, you'd like to think Bowyer et al could find someone!

The fact that the loan players haven't been recalled speaks volumes about where the club see their current abilities.

Hopefully a new CB in the building very soon I hear..

Either criminal stupidity or they have no future whatsoever.

are any of those players available for loan tho??? IMO, I cant see Palace, Norwich, Everton, Sunderland or WBA letting any players out on loan when they have Europe or Staying up in the PL to play for. might need those players at some point.

WBA have already said Dawson isn't atm. said a couple of weeks ago by Pepe Mel.

on the Subject of recalling Songo'o or O'Connell, it looks like those loan deal didn't have a recall clause in those deals. otherwise I think O'Connell would have been back here.

must be Michael Keane then on loan

How about putting in a recall option? Problem solved. If there isn't a recall clause in ours - it's another boo boo by the manager who can do no wrong in your eyes. Also the point is it illustrates people can think of options/possibilities, making it even more criminal we've brought no-one into the squad as cover yet.

Friday tomorrow and still no loan in. Nothing like being chucked in at the deep end (if we ever get someone in).

Absolutely. Amateur doesn't begin to cover it.

Michael Keane has joined on loan. At least that is finally over the line. Wonder who he'll be partnering on Sunday?!

could be Daniels from WBA if he joins on loan.

cant see Kilgallon being fit. will Hanley be fit tho? thats the question?

Archived