BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keane is an excellent loan signing and probably the best we could get in tbh.

Feeney could be a useful signing. will add pace in the wide area where King has been injured and Taylor is out of form. only Conway playing well. Plus Marshall is injured and Judge out on loan.

Feeney really?

Why not play Varney out on the wing, its his best position (after the bench)?

I honestly dont think we actually have a plan. Judge let go on an emergency loan, Feeney brought it. Best gone on emergency loan, Varney brought in. Dabo in on loan, but not fit enough to play.

Keane in finally means we have 1 fit centre-halve, and likely Hanley will play carrying an injury.

Keane is an excellent loan signing and probably the best we could get in tbh.

Feeney could be a useful signing. will add pace in the wide area where King has been injured and Taylor is out of form. only Conway playing well. Plus Marshall is injured and Judge out on loan.

I have concluded that yours is parody account

Feeney really?

Why not play Varney out on the wing, its his best position (after the bench)?

I honestly dont think we actually have a plan.

Get in loads of wingers on free transfers and pray that one works out?

Why would we need another midfielder? Surely Feeney is just a rumour isn't it. We'll end up like last year if we don't watch it with half the team being on loan and cash pouring out of the club at an alarming rate.

Not sure Feeney is the answer but we are crying out for some pace on the wings and in the team generally. Only King has any real pace in our squad and I'm glad GB has recognised this. Feeney has pace and made an impact when he was on loan at Bolton. He'll be cheap; if he turns out to be better than expected we can sign him in the summer, if not then we'll look elsewhere. Seems like a no lose signing to me.

People say recall Judge instead of bringing in Feeney. I don't agree. We need someone with pace and Judge doesn't offer that. Judge is a decent player but a very similar player to Conway and Marshall but just not quite as good. Taylor works hard but is no more than a squad player and is better in a more central position. King is a frustrating but he does offer something none of our other players can as he can beat people for pace.

Archived