BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans vs Fans

It was clearly a tongue in cheek remark from Al. The reactions show how precious people can get about religion.

Nobody is above criticism....

Yeah. Especially those closet religious people who come on here driving their hidden agendas in the guise of being football fans.

Let's face it. Religious people deserve all they get. Staying out of arguments, not bothering posting on messageboards even when provoked and generally just letting idiots get on with it.

Agent provocateurs, the lot of them.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Al's comment was un called for and I understand where Wolfies coming from, my point was that Al didn't even have a point, he was just making an ignorant snidey comment.

I guess we'll have to accept that cos when it comes to ignorant and snidey comment you are an expert.

The "get it forward!!" screams of anger and huge appreciation for Gestede's aerial contribution of late don't half strike me as ironic. Big Sam used to get it forward, and used to pick strikers who were decent in the air, and was widely unpopular. What the hell do fans actually want?

Oh yeah, they want passing football but the type thats instantly incisive and attacking whilst still maintaining a high level of accuracy and keeping possession. Complete unrealistic dreamworld in other words. Said it a million times but too much watching the top teams on Sky and then expecting their own club with vastly inferior players to be able to play anything like that. Not. Gonna. Happen.

I guess we'll have to accept that cos when it comes to ignorant and snidey comment you are an expert.

Haha was just thinking that. The pot piping up yet again to call others black.

• Backroom

The "get it forward!!" screams of anger and huge appreciation for Gestede's aerial contribution of late don't half strike me as ironic. Big Sam used to get it forward, and used to pick strikers who were decent in the air, and was widely unpopular. What the hell do fans actually want?

Oh yeah, they want passing football but the type thats instantly incisive and attacking whilst still maintaining a high level of accuracy and keeping possession. Complete unrealistic dreamworld in other words. Said it a million times but too much watching the top teams on Sky and then expecting their own club with vastly inferior players to be able to play anything like that. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Haha was just thinking that. The pot piping up yet again to call others black.

I think a big difference (with us, at least) was that Sam used to have the ball pumped 'in to the box' for the likes of Kalinic, Roberts and Benjani.

Currently we have a genuine aerial talent up front, which makes the world of difference. Even better is that Killa (compared to Dann) knows when to play that long pass rather than simply hoofing it because he isn't sure what else to do.

One sad thing about this is no mather what the topic was to begin with it always gets in to religion and politics, One could start a topic about trees and someone would be offended if i didnt like the short ones. Breath people and smile :tu:

Funny aint it? A thread about fans falling out, results in fans, well....... Falling out! :blink:

• Moderation Lead

Yeah. Especially those closet religious people who come on here driving their hidden agendas in the guise of being football fans.

Let's face it. Religious people deserve all they get. Staying out of arguments, not bothering posting on messageboards even when provoked and generally just letting idiots get on with it.

Agent provocateurs, the lot of them.

Come again??

btw i wasnt offended by the post by Al re muslims nor the South Africa murder or killing one. sometimes one just has to take it on the chin, and move on.

You're absolutely right CTR. We English should follow the example set by your fellow South Africans. Us bloody English are rotten to the core. And if you disagree with me then I'll stick this ashtray into your boat race.

relax pal...

Have you been to an India v Pakistan cricket match

like i said, the Cricket bit was just a joke as everybody are pretty upset with the way they have performed.

Pretty terrible post from Al but I think its purpose was to demonstrate that people can say what they like about English people with complete impunity, and even illicit very little reaction in comparison.

I'd say his point was proven...

I'm glad somebody took my point. Thank You.

No, Al's comment was un called for and I understand where Wolfies coming from, my point was that Al didn't even have a point, he was just making an ignorant snidey comment.

Nothing snidey about it. He had a go at the English. I had a go back. Your comments, as usual, are of little interest to me.

btw Al, i never intentionally had a go at the English, it wasnt meant in a bad way. It might have come out the wrong way, but it was in no way meant to offend anybody(i did apologise for that) . Yes i directly used English in my comment, but it was more in reference to the current topic at hand, which was arguments and fans having a go at each at the games. i dont know what the reaction might have been, had i said German or Dutch fans. Like i said, i wasnt offended by your muslim remark at all, because life is all about dishing out all sorts of things, and in return take a few in return as well.

btw Al, i never intentionally had a go at the English, it wasnt meant in a bad way. It might have come out the wrong way, but it was in no way meant to offend anybody(i did apologise for that) . Yes i directly used English in my comment, but it was more in reference to the current topic at hand, which was arguments and fans having a go at each at the games. i dont know what the reaction might have been, had i said German or Dutch fans. Like i said, i wasnt offended by your muslim remark at all, because life is all about dishing out all sorts of things, and in return take a few in return as well.

Ok I took it the wrong way and I apologise but I have had enough of the British taking everything that is thrown at them without retaliating. Lets leave it there.

Come again??

Most people on this site probably don't actually have a lot in common with each other apart from supporting the Rovers. There's nothing particularly wrong with that obviously. Disagreement is a normal part of life and not necessarily to be avoided.

But bringing in race and religion just shows up the differences between us. Which takes us back to the original point of the thread: if we were to meet each other in real life as fans, many would find each other disagreeable.

So, what, I'd say.

The main problem on the ground is you are stuck in your allocated seat. Back in the day, probably just wander off to another part of the terraces. End of problem.

Nothing snidey about it. He had a go at the English. I had a go back. Your comments, as usual, are of little interest to me.

Stop reading and quoting them then.

Also im English and I think our country desrves almost every bit of stick it gets, there's centuries full of reasons why most other countries around the world dislike our country.

The main problem on the ground is you are stuck in your allocated seat. Back in the day, probably just wander off to another part of the terraces. End of problem.

You can still wander off and just about sit where you want now.

Also im English and I think our country desrves almost every bit of stick it gets.

What a strange comment. Explanation required please.

Stop reading and quoting them then.

Also im English and I think our country desrves almost every bit of stick it gets.

No it does not and you are a well known kean.

Archived