BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boro v Rovers - 8th Feb, KO 3 pm, Riverside Stadium

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No read back thread exactly what he did to one of my messages where there was a spelling error so just giving him tast of his own medicine...anyways no more childishness

Haha. I remember years ago when my eldest had a very snotty, pernickety teacher.There was a spelling mistake in one of her comments in his book. I was an ace away from putting a ring around the word with a red pen! Ah, but I was so much older then...

No read back thread exactly what he did to one of my messages where there was a spelling error so just giving him tast of his own medicine...anyways no more childishness

:lol:

A spelling error? childishness?

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/30128-boro-v-rovers-8th-feb-ko-3-pm-riverside-stadium/?p=1487441

'not stupid'. ^_^

The quickest way to get someone on your back is to highlight a spelling mistake which is needless anyway as we all know who is meant.

You are right in a way but some mistakes when repeated become irritating. I cite "of" instead of "have" and "loose" instead of "lose". They become infuriating after a while. I'm not perfect and will accept corrections when I get my spelling wrong.

Like to know when the Shearer goal drought was. Not for us. Maybe for England. He went 5 without a goal for us once or twice but I never in my days heard anyone suggest dropping him from Rovers team

At one point Sutton went 18 league games (he played 16 of them & WAS dropped for thr other two) without a goal in the title season. Imagine the clamour on here if Rhodes did that!

Long forgotten fact - Mike Newell didnt score a single goal in the title season

I thought it was more than 5 games. I remember Sky Sports acting like it was more when he was interviewed at the time. It may have seemed like more because it was a big deal if he didn't score.

Five games for Shearer not to score wasn't exactly normal anyway and I'd argue was a drought for him.

I can't remember Newell playing that many games in the title winning season.

By the way I remember when the Nutall St Stand was demolished and we were relocated to the Darwen End. I think we were playing Sheffield Wednesday and getting beat and some old guy said Shearer looked like he couldn't be bothered. I've heard all sorts of crazy being shouted at football matches.

Ray Harford masterminded the title win, that was always a good one. Just like how Brian Kidd was the real mastermind at Old Trafford,

Archived