BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

47er

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to Robbo. He joins a select group who've been fortunate enough to play for both clubs - Adam Blacklaw, Keith Newton, Walter Joyce, Kevin Hird and John Connelly to name some of the ones I had the pleasure to watch turn out for both the East Lancs clubs. It's surprising just how many players have worn the shirts of both clubs over the years and retained the respect of supporters of both clubs.

• Moderation Lead

Good luck to Robbo. He joins a select group who've been fortunate enough to play for both clubs - Adam Blacklaw, Keith Newton, Walter Joyce, Kevin Hird and John Connelly to name some of the ones I had the pleasure to watch turn out for both the East Lancs clubs. It's surprising just how many players have worn the shirts of both clubs over the years and retained the respect of supporters of both clubs.

Andy Todd is another more recent one that has retained the respect of both sets of fans. Can't think of many others mind!

No loyalty in football , and arguably there never has been. Players come and go, they are transitory. I remember reading an article in which Tom Finney said he'd have jumped at the chance of going to Italy if Preston's chairman had let him, and he's often looked at as the paragon of loyalty.

It's not the players , it's our unique blue and white halved shirt and if players can play with pride, effort , skill and determination whilst they're wearing it , that's all we can hope for. . I've no strong feelings about where Paul Robinson now decides to ply his trade, because that's what I've come to expect from professional footballers

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a chance in the sticks at the dome after the ginger mon has seen him in training. Robbo had his best time at Ewood under Allardyce and was the man who put the ball in the box more than anyone else. Dyche has a touch of the big Sam percentages about him although he likes two up top, just wait till he's seen Robinson launching em everyday at Gawthorpe or wherever it is they practice these days.

He's the worst number 1 we had during our premiership years(remember them) im suprised even burnley want to touch him now, no other club seems to have wanted to touch him with a barge pole in the last few years

Well technically he was our worst number one compared with Friedel and Flowers who both had long spells at the club, but while he was here in the premier league he played class at times and at one point people were talking about him getting back into the England side, give the guy a bit of respect he was good for us on the whole and you can't blame him for joining them as it's clear that as nobody else has taken a punt on him that this is his last chance of a pay day at the end of his career. Good luck to him but not if he lines up against us of course! Saying that if he does play against us which is unlikely I hope our fans have a bit of banter with him but not take it too far as overall mainly in his first years here, he was a good player for us.

If he'd joined any of the other 90 clubs in the league I'd wish him all the best. How any Rovers fan can wish him the best after joining the one club out of 92 we hate more than any I don't know.

If he wants to play I'm sure he could go somewhere in League One or Two and play every week. He's joined Burnley where barring injuries he's not going to be playing, he's just going to be collecting a wage.

I don't want Rovers to sign any player that has worn a Burnley shirt. I don't care whether that's Shane Duffy, Nathan Delfouneso or Charlie Austin.

Just like any ex Rovers player who choses to go and play for them has no respect from me at all.

That's absolute nonsense imo. Firstly, he's not a fan, he's a professional footballer, so he has to earn his living where he can and you can't expect him to show any particular allegiance as an ex Blackburn Rovers player in that respect.

Secondly as SKH says, we treated him very well throughout his illness and up to the end of his contract imo so if he had a queue of Clubs lining up to sign him I might agree it was a tad insensitive to choose the Dingles ahead of a queue of other interested suitors but I very much doubt that's the case, he's 36 now and has to "get back on the bike" so to speak as soon as possible if he's to have any realistic hope of substantially prolonging his career. Doubt there's anyone else in for him.

Thirdly I'd agree it was out of order if he was at his peak and walked out on us to join our oldest rivals but that isn't the case, we didn't want him, he's out of contract and he's only going there as back up to Heaton because the other back up keeper has sustained a nasty elbow injury. I really don't see it as a big deal at all. I don't want to wish him too much luck as I don't want the Dingles doing well, but wish him all the best on a personal level. He was actually on Hawksbee and Jacobs on Talksport this afternoon said he had a number of great years here at a great club and that he didn't have a bad word to say about anyone.

• Moderation Lead

He had been training with Forest recently, but then apparently they only had one free place in their squad with the FFP limits etc, so they'd been sloppy and the dingles stole a March...

Andy Todd is another more recent one that has retained the respect of both sets of fans. Can't think of many others mind!

Lenny Johnrose

Money was a big factor in Rovers not playing, or keeping Robinson. Out of all the players, he did seem to be the one who showed no respect to Kean and let the fans know that. I for one respect him for that and if he does happen to play against us, the last thing would do is deride him.

Money was a big factor in Rovers not playing, or keeping Robinson. Out of all the players, he did seem to be the one who showed no respect to Kean and let the fans know that. I for one respect him for that and if he does happen to play against us, the last thing would do is deride him.

On the other side of the coin, he didn't seem to have any interest in leaving to go elsewhere for less money just so he could play. Not sure you can blame him for that necessarily, but some players might have done.

Archived