BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

47er

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well technically he was our worst number one compared with Friedel and Flowers who both had long spells at the club, but while he was here in the premier league he played class at times and at one point people were talking about him getting back into the England side, give the guy a bit of respect he was good for us on the whole and you can't blame him for joining them as it's clear that as nobody else has taken a punt on him that this is his last chance of a pay day at the end of his career. Good luck to him but not if he lines up against us of course! Saying that if he does play against us which is unlikely I hope our fans have a bit of banter with him but not take it too far as overall mainly in his first years here, he was a good player for us.

"respect" hahahaha good one.

Since we're on the subject of washed-up goalkeepers, anyone remember Richard Wright? What the hell happened to this guy? There was a time when he was touted as David Seaman's successor for Arsenal & England, but he's only played three games since 2010 and been content to waste his best years as Man. City's fourth choice keeper. Got to give his agent props for getting him on Man. City's books for four years doing diddly squat.

Since we're on the subject of washed-up goalkeepers, anyone remember Richard Wright? What the hell happened to this guy? There was a time when he was touted as David Seaman's successor for Arsenal & England, but he's only played three games since 2010 and been content to waste his best years as Man. City's fourth choice keeper. Got to give his agent props for getting him on Man. City's books for four years doing diddly squat.

This was mentioned on Talks port the other night. Still on 350k p.a. supposedly and there was something said about him having to travel everywhere with the first team for some reason. Was described as the most expensive cheerleader in football.

This was mentioned on Talks port the other night. Still on 350k p.a. supposedly and there was something said about him having to travel everywhere with the first team for some reason. Was described as the most expensive cheerleader in football.

I'll do that for half the wage.

He's a player coach isn't he?

That's a damn good wage for throwing a ball in the air for someone to catch.

On Robinson joining that lot, I don't really care.

He's been finished for a while, otherwise he'dve been snapped up sooner (imo).

Richard Wright- saw his debut for ipswich as a 16 year old. Caught and saved everything (though that was in the days were we excited the cups early, Charlton at home springs to mind too).

Also saw Rovers draw 3-3 at Highbury, where wright didn't save anything and flapped at a cross. Dunny got 2, and I think Gillespie the other.

Andy Todd is another more recent one that has retained the respect of both sets of fans. Can't think of many others mind!

Andy Cole to add to the list which I think a lot will have forgotten about if only on loan and of course Jones who is still with them

The powers that be at the dingles seem to have an obsession with getting a big name or two on their books just for the sake of it. It then goes into the history books to be gleefully trotted out by the master myth makers that side of the hill. "Oh yeah we've always been a bigger club than Rovers, I mean look Gazza, Ian Wright, Andy Cole etc all played for us you know" . Despite these players barely turning out never mind making any sort of footballing contribution.

They've never got over us getting Archibald and Ardiles :lol:

Good luck to Robbo. He joins a select group who've been fortunate enough to play for both clubs - Adam Blacklaw, Keith Newton, Walter Joyce, Kevin Hird and John Connelly to name some of the ones I had the pleasure to watch turn out for both the East Lancs clubs. It's surprising just how many players have worn the shirts of both clubs over the years and retained the respect of supporters of both clubs.

Marshall Burke.

Good luck to Robbo. He always struck me as a decent man who gave 100% for the club when he was here.

No one can ask more than that. Everyone has to earn a living and take the right opportunity when it comes along.

And Pete Devine.

I seem to remember you reffed an Orphanage Cup match featuring two who played for both Rovers and Burnley, Pete Devine and Marshall Burke. Burke was playing for (I think) one of the breweries and Pete was playing in my team, Blackburn Council.

Some sluggish, balding bloke headed the only goal of the game.

I seem to remember you reffed an Orphanage Cup match featuring two who played for both Rovers and Burnley, Pete Devine and Marshall Burke. Burke was playing for (I think) one of the breweries and Pete was playing in my team, Blackburn Council.

Some sluggish, balding bloke headed the only goal of the game.

Vague recollections from me Andy but the rare occurrence of you scoring should be enough to kick start my fading memory. I do now recall Marshall Burke playing for Matthew Brown (I think) where he was a sales rep.

Archived