SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

47er

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

133448967-paul-robinson-of-blackburn-sal

Initially, I was prepared to see him crucified on Pendle Hill.

After thinking about it, I remembered Kean trying to pull him off the pitch against Wigan, Robbo throwing him off and applauding the fans singing Kean Out.

I think I can forgive him... and perhaps even accept it?

• Moderation Lead

133448967-paul-robinson-of-blackburn-sal

Initially, I was prepared to see him crucified on Pendle Hill.

After thinking about it, I remembered Kean trying to pull him off the pitch against Wigan, Robbo throwing him off and applauding the fans singing Kean Out.

I think I can forgive him... and perhaps even accept it?

Was that the game where he got kicked in the head when he'd gone up for a corner and he won us a pen? He deserves some real praise for that alone!

• Backroom

Was that the game where he got kicked in the head when he'd gone up for a corner and he won us a pen? He deserves some real praise for that alone!

Yep minutes after he conceded a shocking goal.

Average keeper but the best kicker I have ever seen

I wonder how he would be received if he actually plays against us in March or we draw them in the FA Cup? He was just another ex player to me until Tuesday and now the possibility of seeing him in their shirt is a worrying prospect.

That said he will probably earn around £500k between now and the end of the season and a likely promotion bonus.

I think you can take your pick from the ones who might have slapped Kean but my money was on the fonz. The way he got bounced out of the club points that way I think.

Robbo will always have the legend status for sticking with the fans during that time, he clearly didn't have much time for old coco. The antics at Wigan told us that and also reinforced what a complete con man Kean was.

I was going to cut him some slack for going to the inbred side but I'm struggling :huh:

Jimmy Bullard threw Kean in a canal and had a scrap with him.

I always liked Bullard.

Hold on. He pushed him in. Kean took some swings at him. He ran away. And because Kean was alright about it the next day jimmy said "he showed himself to be a decent man"

Bullards a plonker ;)

Can't imagine Robinson is scared because of a certain section of fans. He seriously feared for his life and I can't even begin to imagine how frightening that must be. After the physical and mental effects of that experience his comeback is very inspirational. The vicious abuse from a minority is extremely cold and heartless.

Good luck to him.

I think you can take your pick from the ones who might have slapped Kean but my money was on the fonz. The way he got bounced out of the club points that way I think.

Robbo will always have the legend status for sticking with the fans during that time, he clearly didn't have much time for old coco. The antics at Wigan told us that and also reinforced what a complete con man Kean was.

I was going to cut him some slack for going to the inbred side but I'm struggling :huh:

I have my doubts that it happened, tbh. Just rumour-mongering fuelled by wish-fulfillment.

Harsh that anyone can be angry at Robbo. We cast him aside, he's been in a crap situation not being able to have a club, and he's had to go there.

Different than if he left us to go and play in front of the empty wooden seats and Orks.

Archived