BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bournemouth Preview

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very easy to say "sack the manager"after you lose a few games. Every fan wants instant success in football, it's just not realistic. We have to give GB time. He has made a lot of progress this season, bought some very good players whilst also shifting out the deadwood. With so many changes in the playing staff (which was needed) and the amount of young players in the squad, we were always going to be inconsistent this season.

With the turnover of playing staff and the injuries recently, it has resulted in very disjointed performances. It would be the same at any other club regardless of who the manager is. Look at Forest right now, can't win a game because of their injury crisis. Bolton couldn't win a game early season, west ham couldn't win a game early season because of injuries. Freedman, Allardyce and Davies are all very good managers and their clubs were right to back their managers. We are in the same boat now, it would be easy to sack GB but it would be the wrong decision - not least because we haven't got a better replacement. It would more likely be Judan Ali than Malky Mackay so be careful what you wish for!!

The club has been mismanaged for 3 years, we are back on track now thanks to GB. Like it or not, it will take another one or two transfer windows before we are fully back on track. Until then, we have to put up with inconsistent results and disappointments like tonight.

"...He has made lots of progress this season.... ". Please explain exactly what because only you, Parson Blue and a couple of others can see it.

Another point on bowyer is that he's got that "one of the boys" mentality. They call him gaz ffs. Managers need to be authoritative ruling by either fear or respect or both. Don't think bowyer has either he's basically a likeable PE teacher that's been thrown into the deep end and is slowly drowning.

Glad not to have the revolving door of last season but for long term progress of the club NEXT PLEASE.

I am totally bemused by this. Why did we sign Varney and Feeney? Don't get it at all. We have so so so many midfielders. Only Conway seems to be a step up from what we had before.

Varney is a striker who can play on the wing. We needed another striker after Rochina, Best and DJ all left on loan and Dunn is constantly injured. Varney is average but good strikers on loan that would be prepared to be a bench player are hard to come by mid season.

Feeney is a pacy winger which we have desperately needed with King injured. Don't think he's the answer long term but with King injured and very few pacy wingers available at this stage of the season I can see why we've taken a punt on Feeney.

'We'll pick the back up and come out fighting at Huddersfield'. Like you did tonight Gary?

Personally I predict more of the same. Shambles at the back, lacklustre going forward. No points.

But I hope you can see what he "is trying to do", Gavlar?! Honestly, some of this stuff he is coming out with is giving me horrible flashbacks to a certain Scotsman. What will "Madame" be thinking of all this, eh, Gary??

I don't think I've ever seen a more inept performance in central midfield than Jason Lowe gave tonight yet he's undroppable.

The only tackle he won almost put their striker clean through and their midfield just ran rings around him all game.

For his continuing stubborn selection of the invisible man he has to go.

Decided to stay home tonight. My lad didn't want to go and so I couldn't see much point in going on my own. You need company to be cold and miserable for 90 minutes.

What was the real crowd figure?

As for team GB? Been saying it since Christmas - average, very average. Bowyer will never win promotion.

He used the emotion of Sunday as an excuse for the 'flat' performance. Is that really the best he can come up with. He is now living the dream, probably quadrupled his wage along the way but clearly way out of his depth.

• Backroom

I'm afraid to say that I'm now in the Bowyer Out camp.

Tonight they were rubbish. Flat. Gutless. Disinterested. Expected a reaction after Sunday, but nope.

Even more gutted tonight than I was Sunday tbh. They've given up.

Very poor performance tonight. At the moment we are carrying too many players who simply can't produce with any degree of consistency. Both full-backs looked poor, Hanley was all over the place in the first half whilst neither Evans nor Lowe were able to get to grips with the Bournemouth midfield. Gestede seemed to land badly after jumping for a high ball and I assumed he was substituted because he was limping slightly.

I believed from the very start of the season that we had a squad that was mid-table at best and so it has turned out. I still believe Gary deserves another season to continue developing the squad but clearly he will come under pressure. Much will depend on what the owners opt to do in the summer in terms of continuing to support the club financially.

What a load of pessimistic rubbish. It's all doom and gloom from you lot, including the writer of the preview who isn't even going to the game!!

Well I'm going as always. Can't stop decades of supporting the blues. I'm looking forward to stuffing Bournemouth and getting back on track.

Come on Rovers give us an 8-0 win.

P.S For the next preview, get a Burnley fan to write it. It might be more positive.

And then you woke up.

Until now I have backed Bowyer but I am starting to have my doubts.

It could be argued that his decisions led to the Dingles defeat, which still hurts... deeply.

Today's performance was the worst of the season, we were absolutely inept in all areas.

With the play-offs now a pipe dream I guess I'd keep Bowyer until the end of the season then allow for him to go back to his level within the club and get someone to build on the stability he has helped to create and push on next season.

Tell you what, my lad has earned his stripes this week. He's definitely going to be a loyal, one-club man. He'll face off to his mates tomorrow, many of whom have now selected a PL club to 'support'.

Let's hope Venkys leave behind a club for him to support.

99-00 season. We had a 'coach' in charge in tony parkes. Nice guy who steadied the ship. It became apparent at this stage of the season that we were going nowhere. He was relieved of his duties and a proper manager in Souness was appointed. After a late but ultimately unsuccessful push for the play offs, he got us promoted the next season.

History could repeat itself. Get a proper manager in now like Malky Mackay

Archived