BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bournemouth Preview

Atmosphere was nil and that most have been felt by the players but still no excuse. Couldn't understand why Dunnie had his back to the ball during a couple of free kicks. We were always one pace off the game, they saw that and took advantage.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dashed to get to Ewood for 7-45 kick off should not have bothered dire in the extreme such a poor performance from a rovers side lacking in all departments after the Dingles match on Sunday I expected some sort of positive reaction instead all we got

was gutless inept rubbish.

That was a Kean like performance. Only a few players came out with any credit Robinson (my MOM), Lowe (who at least showed some passion), Hanley, Keane and Conway - the rest looked disinterested to say the least. Two things we need to work on - the movement off the ball is virtually none existant and we are always on the back foot. If I am honest, after that performance, I am starting wonder whether those calling for Bowyer to go may be right. I would still stick with him for now - but he is on a sticky wicket - especially as our play off chances are non-existing now (except for a run similar to the one that got us promoted from the third division under Kendall)

Another changed around starting 11, same old same old tactics, very very poor substitutions, a team so disjointed in either defence or attack. That could be said about plenty games this season not just tonight, the pattern was formed ages ago. But add in tonight a flat crowd waiting to turn and players all over the show looking lost and nowhere near the usual effort from most. We are starting to go backwards now, that tonight from players, coaching staff and fans was as bad as anything during the shambles of last season.

It's very easy to say "sack the manager"after you lose a few games. Every fan wants instant success in football, it's just not realistic. We have to give GB time. He has made a lot of progress this season, bought some very good players whilst also shifting out the deadwood. With so many changes in the playing staff (which was needed) and the amount of young players in the squad, we were always going to be inconsistent this season.

With the turnover of playing staff and the injuries recently, it has resulted in very disjointed performances. It would be the same at any other club regardless of who the manager is. Look at Forest right now, can't win a game because of their injury crisis. Bolton couldn't win a game early season, west ham couldn't win a game early season because of injuries. Freedman, Allardyce and Davies are all very good managers and their clubs were right to back their managers. We are in the same boat now, it would be easy to sack GB but it would be the wrong decision - not least because we haven't got a better replacement. It would more likely be Judan Ali than Malky Mackay so be careful what you wish for!!

The club has been mismanaged for 3 years, we are back on track now thanks to GB. Like it or not, it will take another one or two transfer windows before we are fully back on track. Until then, we have to put up with inconsistent results and disappointments like tonight.

Sorry, can't agree.

Kane, Keane, Spurr, Evans, Williamson, Varney, Gestede, Conway all Bowyer signings.

Lowe, Hanley, Henley all with him in the youth teams.

Feeney, Taylor, Dabo, Bowyer signings on the bench.

That's 14 out of the 17 man squad who he either coached or brought in. Tonight was Bowyers team and it was bloody awful. I have absolutely no idea what he wants the players to do. Are we supposed to be 4-4-2 with wingers bombing on? because that never happens...or is it really 4-5-1 with no link between defence and the forward 2? Are we a passing side or long ball? We pass square and back, then hoof it.

Tonight we were playing Bournemouth. We were at home, we had NO shots on target -their keeper didn't make one save second half. It made our performance against tottenham seem good!

He took off Gestede AGAIN. He was our best player and only threat up front.

Please tell me how we've progressed or what Bowyer is "trying to do" because tonight was as bad or worse than anything served up over the last 3 years.

Just got back. That was absolutely fcuking appalling! That was quite honestly the worst football game I have ever seen in my entire life. Passionless! Spineless! Clueless! and ultimately Pointless (in both senses of the word).

We've got absolutely no skill whatsoever. Can hardly string a pass together, 2nd to every hoofball (which you think we'd be good at by now). Did we even have a real chance? As I can't remember one? Maybe I blinked a few too many times.

Even every time we get a corner (or the Tommy Spurr hoofthrows) they seems a complete waste of time - almost always finding a defenders head.

What's happened? Are we to read in the Telegraph yet again a different player saying that we (yet again) need a response. I dunno if Bowyer can't get these saps fired up or whether they are just rank bad 3rd division players. But they do appear to already be thinking about their summer holidays. Nobody was up for it at all. The usual section of the Darwen end tried to get the atmosphere up and I don't think the attendance looked that bad considering it was a cold midweek night and a massive hangover from Sunday.

To put this performance in layman's terms - if you were at work it would be considered gross misconduct. I'm thinking back to the worst display I ever saw live under kean - March 24th 2012 - the "we feel sorry for muamba so let's gift Bolton the 3 points game'. Well seriously if that game was Jessica Alba then tonight's game was Susan Boyle's fatter uglier sister.

Who the hell is that Feeny guy? What's that all about? He doesn't look fit to even lace Rochina's boots. And he's a jinx to boot!

Supposedly Conway was MOTM - but I'd be hard pressed to give it to anyone. Probably Robbo as he made 3 decent-ish saves.

At this rate the Burnley defeat is going to end up as the highlight of the season rather than the lowlight. As that level of performance was Eiffel Tower compared to tonight's Bolton Road kerb. Can't see things getting any better, especially as there's absolutely nothing to play for now.

Only positive thing I can say about tonight is that nobody died (that I'm aware of anyway).

Roll on April the 6th when the County Cricket season starts..............

Rover and OUT!

Yeah - It wasn't as cold as I thought it would be! :tu:

On the same lines as my comment to my son "at least it's not raining" and as he said to me " we had our entertainment before the game with an hours bowling and a nice meal out so it hasn't been an entirely wasted evening"

99-00 season. We had a 'coach' in charge in tony parkes. Nice guy who steadied the ship. It became apparent at this stage of the season that we were going nowhere. He was relieved of his duties and a proper manager in Souness was appointed. After a late but ultimately unsuccessful push for the play offs, he got us promoted the next season.

History could repeat itself. Get a proper manager in now like Malky Mackay

Couldn't agree more!!

Varney is a striker who can play on the wing. We needed another striker after Rochina, Best and DJ all left on loan and Dunn is constantly injured. Varney is average but good strikers on loan that would be prepared to be a bench player are hard to come by mid season.

Feeney is a pacy winger which we have desperately needed with King injured. Don't think he's the answer long term but with King injured and very few pacy wingers available at this stage of the season I can see why we've taken a punt on Feeney.

Varney and Feeney should never have been signed...Waste of money !

We are signing bog standard players that their clubs do not want !

Conway is not much better either ....

On the same lines as my comment to my son "at least it's not raining" and as he said to me " we had our entertainment before the game with an hours bowling and a nice meal out so it hasn't been an entirely wasted evening"

And on the plus side..all the kids in my class now know better than to mention the football if we lose! :tu:

That was a Kean like performance. Only a few players came out with any credit Robinson (my MOM), Lowe (who at least showed some passion), Hanley, Keane and Conway - the rest looked disinterested to say the least. Two things we need to work on - the movement off the ball is virtually none existant and we are always on the back foot. If I am honest, after that performance, I am starting wonder whether those calling for Bowyer to go may be right. I would still stick with him for now - but he is on a sticky wicket - especially as our play off chances are non-existing now (except for a run similar to the one that got us promoted from the third division under Kendall)

robbo only made one save Gaz said.

Just stopped off in the services for a cup of coffee, that is one of the worst performances that I have seen at Ewood for a good while. There was just no urgency whatsoever and the players really looked like they were going through the motions, I fear we could be in for a very long end to the season. I've got a ticket for Huddersfield on Saturday but I really don't know if I am going to bother going after that shambles tonight. I thought that Matt Ritchie looked a very good player for them, he was always looking to receive the ball and create something, which sadly can't be said for any of our players.

• Backroom

How many shots did we let them have from outside the box tonight?

Luckily most their efforts were awful but even if the manager didn't see them Robbo had to stop a few, if you offer the opposition the chance to have shot after shot eventually they will score

Archived