BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bournemouth Preview

That was a Kean like performance. Only a few players came out with any credit Robinson (my MOM), Lowe (who at least showed some passion), Hanley, Keane and Conway - the rest looked disinterested to say the least. Two things we need to work on - the movement off the ball is virtually none existant and we are always on the back foot. If I am honest, after that performance, I am starting wonder whether those calling for Bowyer to go may be right. I would still stick with him for now - but he is on a sticky wicket - especially as our play off chances are non-existing now (except for a run similar to the one that got us promoted from the third division under Kendall)

Lowe showed some passion? When?

You've got to be on a wind up. Seriously?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone give any positives from tonight?

None whatsoever. We were dire. A shockingly inept performance.

And then you woke up.

Yes. I was dreaming. I'm another, now, who is beginning to become frustrated with Bowyer.

We have too many poor quality players, no motivation and no game plan.

• Backroom

Time to find out if Gary can move past his "Mr Nice Guy" persona. I don't care what he says to the media but in the dressing room I would expect a few home truths to be told over the next few days. A disgusting performance tonight and a sickening result after two resounding defeats to local rivals. I can understand being drained of confidence but tonight was far worse than that.

The first five or ten minutes or so we looked okay but it gradually got worse from that point on. We take off our only aerial threat in Gestede but yet still continue to hit long ball after long ball aimlessly forward. Probably up there with the Sheffield Wednesday game as the worst home performance of the season. The only players to take any credit from the game would be Robinson, made some good saves and kept the score down and Conway, who looked like the only player going forward capable of creating anything. We lacked any sort of cohesion in tonight's game but maybe that's hardly surprising given that there's plenty of recent additions and changes to the team. The season is well and truly dead for us now and we can only look to build for next season. I still believe we've got a decent enough first-team when everyone is fit, back-up is a serious problem though. Again tonight Lowe had to be used at centreback when Hanley went off injured and we didn't have a single striker on the bench to bring on. We should really have addressed these areas in January after having allowed so many players to leave either on loan or permanently.

Time to find out if Gary can move past his "Mr Nice Guy" persona. I don't care what he says to the media but in the dressing room I would expect a few home truths to be told over the next few days. A disgusting performance tonight and a sickening result after two resounding defeats to local rivals. I can understand being drained of confidence but tonight was far worse than that.

I don't think he could carry any credibility if he suddenly started wielding the big stick.

He's just not cut out for it, at all.

God knows how this is going to end, because for some reason I can't see Venky's binning him.

The first five or ten minutes or so we looked okay but it gradually got worse from that point on. We take off our only aerial threat in Gestede but yet still continue to hit long ball after long ball aimlessly forward. Probably up there with the Sheffield Wednesday game as the worst home performance of the season. The only players to take any credit from the game would be Robinson, made some good saves and kept the score down and Conway, who looked like the only player going forward capable of creating anything. We lacked any sort of cohesion in tonight's game but maybe that's hardly surprising given that there's plenty of recent additions and changes to the team. The season is well and truly dead for us now and we can only look to build for next season. I still believe we've got a decent enough first-team when everyone is fit, back-up is a serious problem though. Again tonight Lowe had to be used at centreback when Hanley went off injured and we didn't have a single striker on the bench to bring on. We should really have addressed these areas in January after having allowed so many players to leave either on loan or permanently.

GAZ lauded on how well we played for first 5 minutes

Yeah it was a good 5 minutes that, right up there with VE Day that one.

I expect it'd feature heavily in the season review dvd along with Tommy Spurr's top 20 long throw ins that we didn't quite get on the end of.

No game plan , mediocre players who lack any creativity , but bottom line is we ain't good enough .

The squad Bowyer has assembled ain't been top. 6 all season and won't be between now and the end of the season .

We have downgraded on quality that much the last few seasons that a mid table finish with that squad would be deemed incredible .

The team don't need a couple of players , it needs multiple transplants .

It's bowyers squad , so the buck stops with him, although the cutbacks ain't helped

• Backroom

I don't think he could carry any credibility if he suddenly started wielding the big stick.

He's just not cut out for it, at all.

God knows how this is going to end, because for some reason I can't see Venky's binning him.

I've always thought he'd get there in the end, but our current form really has me concerned. We'll find out in the next few matches whether he has what it takes, tonight was a slap in the face from all but a couple of the players to everybody who cares about the club.

No game plan , mediocre players who lack any creativity , but bottom line is we ain't good enough .

The squad Bowyer has assembled ain't been top. 6 all season and won't be between now and the end of the season .

We have downgraded on quality that much the last few seasons that a mid table finish with that squad would be deemed incredible .

It's bowyers squad , so the buck stops with him, although the cutbacks ain't helped

we NEED PROTESTS AGAIN ...VENKYS OUT

So so poor. I've seen Bowyer as an Honest Joe manager but I'm afraid to say that it appears that he's lost the players. His tactics are again shown to be @#/? poor and he's changing players for no good reason. We are now a rabble and he must be well down the slippery slope now.
There simply has to be an angle with him persisting with JR up front, there just has to be! He was absolutely @#/? awful tonight! Disinterested, ineffective and basically use @#/? less! I half heartedly proposed the notion previously that someone has ordered Bowyer that Rhodes must play at all times presumably so that his value doesn't dip .... suffice to say that my opinion is no longer half hearted. It has to be a nailed on cert! Before anyone whinges back that I know sweet FA I have to say that I got the substituted players bang on (despite not agreeing with their replacements) and also I named Conway as the MoM.

Dunno what went on with Handley but I'd opine that his substitution had a question mark over it. :huh:

• Backroom

Disagree somewhat. It needs a tactician and a motivator.

I wouldn't say they ARE a top 6 side, but as individuals, they are talented enough to beat get up there.

The buck stops with the manager for me.

The cutbacks are completely necessary. The damage has been done over the past 3 years with stupid and ridiculously expensive signings completed without football being a consideration BUT GB's squad has now lost the plot. These last 2/3 signings are 1st Div level.

Glen then someone better tell that clown shaw to plot a way round FFP stadium naming rights, more sponsors etc... everyone else manages to do it Derby, Watford, etc... if only our owners had more brains they would find a way by hook or by crook to pump more money into the club & acquire better players & to stick 2 fingers up to FFP yet we have to put up with crazy decisions from dumb & dumber!.

So so poor. I've seen Bowyer as an Honest Joe manager but I'm afraid to say that it appears that he's lost the players. His tactics are again shown to be kean poor and he's changing players for no good reason. We are now a rabble and he must be well down the slippery slope now.

There simply has to be an angle with him persisting with JR up front, there just has to be! He was absolutely keaning awful tonight! Disinterested, ineffective and basically use keaning less! I half heartedly proposed the notion previously that someone has ordered Bowyer that Rhodes must play at all times presumably so that his value doesn't dip .... suffice to say that my opinion is no longer half hearted. It has to be a nailed on cert! Before anyone whinges back that I know sweet FA I have to say that I got the substituted players bang on (despite not agreeing with their replacements) and also I named Conway as the MoM.

Dunno what went on with Handley but I'd opine that his substitution had a question mark over it. :huh:

HANLEY PULLED UP NEAR OUR GOAL IN 2ND HALF LIMPING ..ABOT 15 MINS LATER HE CAME OFF.

Couldn't go tonight due to work commitments, just read bits of reports on my phone. Just to make the night shift even longer did we concede ANOTHER goal from distance??

Lucky sod!

Yep, fizzed low into the bottom right hand corner. Not closed down early enough as I recall through the misty tears.

So so poor. I've seen Bowyer as an Honest Joe manager but I'm afraid to say that it appears that he's lost the players. His tactics are again shown to be kean poor and he's changing players for no good reason. We are now a rabble and he must be well down the slippery slope now.

There simply has to be an angle with him persisting with JR up front, there just has to be! He was absolutely keaning awful tonight! Disinterested, ineffective and basically use keaning less! I half heartedly proposed the notion previously that someone has ordered Bowyer that Rhodes must play at all times presumably so that his value doesn't dip .... suffice to say that my opinion is no longer half hearted. It has to be a nailed on cert! Before anyone whinges back that I know sweet FA I have to say that I got the substituted players bang on (despite not agreeing with their replacements) and also I named Conway as the MoM.

After THAT the only thing you can go on about is keaning Rhodes?! Do you STILL think that dropping Rhodes would be the answer to the team's problems? For the kind of @#/? football Bowyer wants to play, yes, he should have taken off Rhodes instead of Gestede. But that's a reflection on Bowyer, not Rhodes.

Could this be the third seasin in a row we go from relative safety/possible playoff to relegation scrap. More betting syndicate rumours. We will see but the

lack of effort from this group bewilders me. How many games have we been within touching distance and then mailed one in. GB asked for a response and this was it, heads need to roll.

What disappointed me most last night was a return to Allardyce tactics. Any throw ins in the attacking third were usually taken long - and we are seeing a return to Robinson taking free kicks anywhere up to the half way line. We seem to have been slowly sliding more and more away from the pass and move football we seemed to play earlier in the season.

Archived