BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bournemouth Preview

• Backroom

I'm disappointed that we don't have Robinson launching free kicks into the box what's the problem with it?

The alternative is it's passed to Hanley who passes to Lowe, back to Hanley who spreads the ball out of play. Robinson can put the ball on target, Rudy can win almost anything in the air, you'd have to be stupid not to utilise that IMO, yet we only tried it once in injury time.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What disappointed me most last night was a return to Allardyce tactics. Any throw ins in the attacking third were usually taken long - and we are seeing a return to Robinson taking free kicks anywhere up to the half way line. We seem to have been slowly sliding more and more away from the pass and move football we seemed to play earlier in the season.

What disappointed me most last nigh was the powder puff tackling or lack of it. At one point Bournemouth put 19 passes together and we didn't even ATTEMPT one tackle . They were either told NOT to tackle or they are completely useless , even Sunday pub tackles get stuck in.

I'm disappointed that we don't have Robinson launching free kicks into the box what's the problem with it?

The alternative is it's passed to Hanley who passes to Lowe, back to Hanley who spreads the ball out of play. Robinson can put the ball on target, Rudy can win almost anything in the air, you'd have to be stupid not to utilise that IMO, yet we only tried it once in injury time.

'Big lad' Keane was sent up for that and just stood still gawping whilst Bournemouth had a free header to clear it. He may as well have stayed back.

After THAT the only thing you can go on about is keaning Rhodes?! Do you STILL think that dropping Rhodes would be the answer to the team's problems? For the kind of kean football Bowyer wants to play, yes, he should have taken off Rhodes instead of Gestede. But that's a reflection on Bowyer, not Rhodes.

I need to remind you Stuart that "no one can defend the indefensible".

Certainly the issue rests with Bowyer but I still feel that we would not have lost our unbeaten record if Dunn had been replaced with Taylor and Rhodes had been taken off instead of Gestede and the formation and shape had remained the same. Rhodes is just so so pathetic and weak outside the box.

btw anybody know what was the point of signing dabo, varney and Feeney when we already have as good as or better on the books?

Far more excited to see you lot argue with each other, than to watch tonight's game.

Will it be a convincing victory? If so, we'll see the likes of Chaddy and BlackpoolRover make an internet entrance like a WWF superstar, flames and fireworks telling all the doubters that they are all too negative, we're going to get into the play offs and people should be better fans.

Will to be a 0-0 boring draw? In which case we'll see a massive argument break out over who's to blame - Bowyer, Rhodes or the lack of creativity in midfield. Here's hoping for a bore draw, I thoroughly enjoy the old 'WHY HASNT THE keaning MIDFIELD BEEN SORTED OUT YET? AND WHAT THE Kean IS A LIAM FEENEY?" posts.

Or will it be a convincing loss, in which case the "doom bringers" like K-Hod & proudtobeblueandwhite will royally kick off, making sure every last person knows that it's all Bowyers fault and we're utter kean.

Who knows, but I'm excited. Are you?

A very disappointing post, somebody needs to have a word with you son!

Went along to see if the team could restore any sense of pride following the two recent setbacks. I was very disappointed following the initial 5 minutes of huff and puff to find that there was no game plan, no coherent approach to set up play, no team spirit and, sadly, no resilience to respond to the hardly unexpected goal against.

I have to say I was completely flabbergasted by the substitution of Gestede - the only player (other than Robbo) who contributed anything positive on the night. Dunny should be doing the Tugay role, but chooses instead to run around on the periphery making very little contribution. The three subs who came on added absolutely nothing to the team, and if anything made it harder for us to create, due to the loss of Gestede's energy and commitment.

What was worse, however, was the cringeworthy shouts and boos from the crowd - frustration I get, but some of the comments were just moronic.

We are in a tail spin. Can't wait for the season to end (which just about sums up the effort put in by the majority of the team and the 'Coach' last night).

Dismal display, we reached the depths of the Bolton performance again last night.

We must be the easiest team in the division to play against, Too static, too slow and too deliberate.

We won't win another game this season if we continue playing that way.

Why have we got a squad full of average midfielders?

Robbo made three good saves. They hit the post and three shots just flashed past the post. The also had about 6 really wayward shots that where awful. We were lucky that it was only 1-0.

Our tactics are bemusing. Bowyer obviously doesn't like pressing the ball and is happy letting teams come at us. This results in counter attacking football and we don't have the players to do this.

As someone else said he takes off our better player in gestede. Why? If he had a knock fair enough but it didn't look that way.

Spurr, Lowe, either rb, varney and Rhodes have been very very poor in the last ten games and are contributing very little. They rest have been mediocre at best. No fight or passion in any of them and not one has any guts. No player takes a gamble

Robbo made three good saves. They hit the post and three shots just flashed past the post. The also had about 6 really wayward shots that where awful. We were lucky that it was only 1-0.

Our tactics are bemusing. Bowyer obviously doesn't like pressing the ball and is happy letting teams come at us. This results in counter attacking football and we don't have the players to do this.

As someone else said he takes off our better player in gestede. Why? If he had a knock fair enough but it didn't look that way.

Spurr, Lowe, either rb, varney and Rhodes have been very very poor in the last ten games and are contributing very little. They rest have been mediocre at best. No fight or passion in any of them and not one has any guts. No player takes a gamble

GAZ said they had one shot to be saved.

Can't comment on the game from a spectating perspective because I had a shed load of marking to get through after not lifting my finger all weekend (for obvious reasons)

I'm concerned with what I heard over the radio though. It seemed like we had no reaction from substitutes or half time, and that is directly related to the managers job. It is also the same place where issues have taken place all season long. If we concede first we tend to lose. We need to see some reaction for the Huddersfield games or we could be dragged further into the mire. We are in no immediate danger of relegation though, and although some of you short sighted buffoons thought we might get promoted - as PB says it was never likely with the squad issues and recruitment and bedding work ahead.

Hopefully we can get some consistency into the actual first 11 also. I'm not going to do a "stuart" and take my hatred out on one or two of the squad. If he picks them, thats enough for me, after all he works with the guys day in day out and is not merely a bus driver with a football manager dream. What we need though is the same defence and midfield to play a few games. We also need Cairney back - I don't care if you think GB utilises him wrongly, he's been our best performer all season and the 8 games we've missed him in we've have only won 1.

Some of the tripe I have read though is embarrassing. People complaining about GB's tactics being reactive and not proactive? Well what about the fans opinions being completely reactive to a result? We've lost three in a row, it's bad and things have to improve. Thats it. None of this "If Kean Bowyer really loved the club he'd walk" bullshit. How would replacing Rookie number four with rookie number 5 be a good idea? How long do we give Rookies No6 and 7? Do we let them move 40 players out and bring in another 20? (I'm looking at you K-shod)

Comparing Gary to a charlatan bald headed moron, who inexplicably became rich at the hands of the fat controller in his "indian summer" just shows how little memory some of you may have left. I suggest less Class A drugs.

Patience is the only thing we need in this situation (from a fans point of view) We have a group of football league players and an inexperienced coach - supported by a former shelf salesman, Gandu Babu, the Loons from Pune and a mountain of debt that might be toppling down on us sooner rather than later. A new "manager" is going to make little to no difference long term, because the same issues above and below need sorting. I read a poster suggesting Gary Megson last night... stone me.

An example would be the likes of Leon Best and Dixon Etuhu. The entire Bournemouth first 11 wage bill is less than these two players combined... And they are completely worthless in terms of the first team. This is the kind of issue that needs dealing with before we worry about whether the "manager's learning from his mistakes".

Life as a Rovers fan is @#/? @#/? right now. But thank christ we have "stagnated" as Stuart put it, because I'll take a keany mid table season over 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13.

etuhu and best weren't involved last night, what does that have to do with performances? so we should forget about playing any games until rovers have sorted out the wage bill? lets end the season now then and clear out the deadwood and while you are at it lets tell bowyer to stop bringing in more dross which is putting more ££ on the wage bill

Can't comment on the game from a spectating perspective because I had a shed load of marking to get through after not lifting my finger all weekend (for obvious reasons)

I'm concerned with what I heard over the radio though. It seemed like we had no reaction from substitutes or half time, and that is directly related to the managers job. It is also the same place where issues have taken place all season long. If we concede first we tend to lose. We need to see some reaction for the Huddersfield games or we could be dragged further into the mire. We are in no immediate danger of relegation though, and although some of you short sighted buffoons thought we might get promoted - as PB says it was never likely with the squad issues and recruitment and bedding work ahead.

Hopefully we can get some consistency into the actual first 11 also. I'm not going to do a "stuart" and take my hatred out on one or two of the squad. If he picks them, thats enough for me, after all he works with the guys day in day out and is not merely a bus driver with a football manager dream. What we need though is the same defence and midfield to play a few games. We also need Cairney back - I don't care if you think GB utilises him wrongly, he's been our best performer all season and the 8 games we've missed him in we've have only won 1.

Some of the tripe I have read though is embarrassing. People complaining about GB's tactics being reactive and not proactive? Well what about the fans opinions being completely reactive to a result? We've lost three in a row, it's bad and things have to improve. Thats it. None of this "If Kean Bowyer really loved the club he'd walk" bullshit. How would replacing Rookie number four with rookie number 5 be a good idea? How long do we give Rookies No6 and 7? Do we let them move 40 players out and bring in another 20? (I'm looking at you K-shod)

Comparing Gary to a charlatan bald headed moron, who inexplicably became rich at the hands of the fat controller in his "indian summer" just shows how little memory some of you may have left. I suggest less Class A drugs.

Patience is the only thing we need in this situation (from a fans point of view) We have a group of football league players and an inexperienced coach - supported by a former shelf salesman, Gandu Babu, the Loons from Pune and a mountain of debt that might be toppling down on us sooner rather than later. A new "manager" is going to make little to no difference long term, because the same issues above and below need sorting. I read a poster suggesting Gary Megson last night... stone me.

An example would be the likes of Leon Best and Dixon Etuhu. The entire Bournemouth first 11 wage bill is less than these two players combined... And they are completely worthless in terms of the first team. This is the kind of issue that needs dealing with before we worry about whether the "manager's learning from his mistakes".

Life as a Rovers fan is keaning kean right now. But thank christ we have "stagnated" as Stuart put it, because I'll take a keany mid table season over 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13.

Another rookie manager would be another mistake

Coco - Rookie

Berg - Rookie (in English management)

Appleton - Almost a Rookie

Bowyer - Rookie

BUT

We need someone who knows how to get results from the players he has.

"Bedding Work" - I don't see Uwe Rosler needing bedding work at Wigan. Whelan got shut of a guy taking them nowhere and recruited a manager with something about him.

OK, Whelan and the Raos are incomparable as owners but the point is you don't just put up with someone who patently isn't up to the job.

Bowyer has had a full pre-season, brought lots of players in, no Shebby, no Agnew, not much Veny interference (it would seem) and we have the same points as last season.

Stability with a manager who is moving us forward is great. Stability with someone in his first management job who is out of his depth and floundering is a recipe for trouble.

I left 5 minutes after half time it was that poor.

I wasn't surprised listening on the radio that Bournemouth had scored and having seen in on tv I cant understand why Robbo was beaten at the near post from a shot from way off !

Utter rubbish season over.

I've got to say that last night was some of the worst 90mins of football I've seen in a long time. (I wasn't at the Peterbrough game last season).

Even the totally biased presenters on Radio Rovers after the game described it as "Dire"! Now when they say it's dire, you begin to understand how poor a performance it was.

As others have said, I can cope with players having an off day or just generally being sh!te. What I can't stand is a lack of effort! The number of times we were stood around with the preverbial "No, after you sir" attitude was incredible. If we'd been playing Leicester last night and not next saturday they'd've had a field day!

I'm not going to name individuals as there were too many, but basically the only ones to come out with their reputations in tact last night were (for me) Robbo, Hanley & Conway. Robbo kept the score at a flattering level, Hanley, certainly not anywhere near his best, but did at least give 100% and pretty much the same for Conway. I think the rest of them were keaned off they couldn't watch Barca on the telly and made sure everyone knew!

The highlight for me was my half-time Peppered Steak pie which was much better than the one I got on Sunday. The one on Sunday was a little dry. Last night's, however, had a nice thick, rich gravy and I got two slices of mushroom rather than the usual one or none. Temperature was pretty good as well, not too hot, which probably explains the nice thick gravy.

You may wonder why I've gone into so much detail about the pie, apart from it being the best part of my evening. Well, I think I've figured it out. When I was queing for the aforementioned pie, waiting the customary 10 minutes for the guy to serve 2 teas & a Bovril to the bloke in front, I noticed another of the catering staff come behind the counter, pilfer about half a dozen pies from the warmer, put them in a box and bugger off. I wondered where these pies might be destined.

5 mins into the second half I got my answer, they were obvioulsy dressing room bound for Gary & the boys (and Dunny of course). This can be the only possible answer for there being absolutely no change in the team's attitude, formation, urgency or anything. Rather than tearing them a new ar$ehole, GB and the boys must've been enjoying Clayton Park's finest!

Had nothing to do with the game, after being at the Burnley game on Sunday. and only found out about the game, today. Not sure I missed much from the sound of it.

Encouraging to hear that Conway had another good game - think we may have made another excellent signing there. Also unsurprised to hear of how Feeney is offering nothing - a very strange move IMO, and one which suggests the manager may be floundering a bit. When he starts getting his signings wrong - which to be fair have improved and been a growing strength of his all season - you begin to wonder what he is offering.

Still a bit shocked at the result - this was a golden opportunity to get the weekend out of the system. Bournmouth are no great shakes, the players should have been fired up, and contrary to what people say we do have quality in the team: Robbo, Hanley, Evans, Gestede/Rhodes is not a bad spine for any team at this level. So am really surprised we got nothing from the game, and perhaps more so - and more worryingly so - we didn't shake off any of the weekend's blues.

We surely now are on to planning for next season.

Well I enjoyed the performance -er, theirs, that is. Arter controlled midfiled beautifully, sweet triangles all round, even their defenders. Course, they were helped by the complete lack of rhyme or reason of our outfit. I began to feel sorry for Bournemouth because clearly they lacked a cutting edge to do any real damage. Even then, a tame long range shot was enough.

Life as a Rovers fan is keaning kean right now. But thank christ we have "stagnated" as Stuart put it, because I'll take a keany mid table season over 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13.

You are absolutely obsessed with me for some reason.

Another atypical post though, continuing your optimistic bullshit, following a match that you didn't even attend. Last night Bowyer asked his players for a 'reaction' after Sunday. He didn't get it. Stagnant could have very aptly described the performance last night.

If he can't motivate the team that he built then there is something wrong. They were utterly disinterested last night.

Patience? Patience is wearing thin.

And it's going to get even more keaning kean in the very near term.

As usual though you trot out the usual, words to the effect of "We must back Bowyer because he isn't as bad as Steve Kean". Well Steve Kean isn't the only @#/? benchmark, FFS.

Archived