BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bournemouth Preview

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be going, mainly because, after not being able to go yesterday, my daughter hasn't been since the Blackpool game and she's itching to go again.

I think we will win and then GB will try to use it as a smokescreen for the last 2 games.

2-0 Rhodes, Conway

• Backroom

I'll be going, mainly because, after not being able to go yesterday, my daughter hasn't been since the Blackpool game and she's itching to go again.

I think we will win and then GB will try to use it as a smokescreen for the last 2 games.

2-0 Rhodes, Conway

That's the trouble with stats. Assumng we don't lose, it'll be something like 4 losses in 18 games won't it?

I think we should give them an absolute thrashing. We played well on Sunday and didn't deserve to lose. If we line up the same I think we could get 4 or 5 but you never know with Rovers. When we need to win we lose. Also Bournemouth aren't a good side we beat them 3-1 away however, Lewis Grabban is having a decent season so could be a threat but with Hanley and Keane (who was very impressive against Burnley should be able to deal with him!) If we lose - BOWYER OUT?!?!?!?!? :brfcsmilie:

I'll be there and (although im not enthused yet) no doubt fully supportive of the team.

The result will depend of how Bowyer sets up and what tactical changes ( or cock-ups) he makes when the game is in progress.

Be nice to see a comfortable win, or a solid performance for the whole 90, for once.

Remember playing Bournemouth on the Bank Holiday Monday after Hillsborough (and the Monday after we had destroyed City)

Garner scored a beauty and I think we won 2-0 ???

I remember Trevor Morley getting fiercesome stick and -as a 9 year old- being bemused why and feeling a bit sorry for him. I eventually found out! ^_^

Oh hang on.. do I mean Ian Bishop ?

This will be a tough match against Bournemouth who are on a little run - after Sunday it will be difficult for the players to lift themselves - especially as the atmosphere in the ground is bound to be flat. Bowyer has to send them out all guns blazing, with hopefully an early goal to lift the players and the crowd.

I actually think this is a massive game, it's a game to see what guts the players have. The vast majority of players on that pitch come Wednesday will base the core of our squad come next season, they must perform and get 3 points to get us off the ropes.

I don't want to hear the same regurgitated lines from Bowyer (that are starting to sound more like Kean I have to add) about putting in a performance for the fans bla bla bla, I just want to see some character and a win. Bowyer also must drop Henley, the last two games have seen the lad mercilessly picked off, games like the last two must have killed off any little amount of confidence he had left.

With QPR and Wigan still to come at home which will be extremely tough and could easily see us end those two games with a further 0 points, makes me think Bowyer needs a performance badly to try and get some of the disgruntled fans slightly back on board.

• Backroom

I look forward to your tweets after half an hour of misery ;-)

One good thing about our sub par attendances - less people hogging that precious 3G

Sad state of affairs when tweeting is more exciting than the game

In the game at Bournemouth we played the best we have done all season. Bowyer (for once) got his tactics right and pressed really high up the field. This really threw Bournemouth and they didn't have a plan B. We have absolutely nothing to lose now and the players and staff owe us big time after the let downs of the last two weeks.

That said anything can happen at our Theatre of Broken Dreams so I am going for a draw with Bowyer bemoaning everything for not winning.

In the game at Bournemouth we played the best we have done all season. Bowyer (for once) got his tactics right and pressed really high up the field. This really threw Bournemouth and they didn't have a plan B. We have absolutely nothing to lose now and the players and staff owe us big time after the let downs of the last two weeks.

That said anything can happen at our Theatre of Broken Dreams so I am going for a draw with Bowyer bemoaning everything for not winning.

Mm. Pressing high up the field ? That sounds like a lot of pointless running around to me. Our guys are a bit above that sort of thing. We're big time Charlie's, we don't do grafting. You'll be expecting us to do running off the ball next ! We're safe enough, a draw will be fine.

Archived