BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bournemouth Preview

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems a common trend to denigrate the quality of the team as some kind of coping-mechanism. You don't need a team of world-beaters to get out of this division. Just look at our six-fingered neighbours. If we're not seeing the best from this side, it's because the manager lacks nous and doesn't know his best 11.

I would just like to run that past Blackpool Rover

I think tonight will be Bowyer's last straw for a lot of fans...set up the team to defend well and try to nick a goal.

Again absolutely no leadership on the pitch and no penetration, and although he actually made a proactive sub he took the wrong players off and brought the wrong ones on. Gestede was the only threat going forward and win most aerial battles, as well as flicking on most throws and tracking back and chasing down the defenders. Dunn looked knackered and barely ran when he came on. Because of that it meant the defenders had a lot more time on the ball and I allowed them more time on the ball under no pressure.

Personally question Varney starting as he doesn't get the ball into the box, surely Taylor would of been a better option to compliment Conway on the opposite flank?

Don't even get me started on Feeney...

Seems a common trend to denigrate the quality of the team as some kind of coping-mechanism. You don't need a team of world-beaters to get out of this division. Just look at our six-fingered neighbours. If we're not seeing the best from this side, it's because the manager lacks nous and doesn't know his best 11.

Completely agree.

• Backroom

Terrible

Gary is lucky he comes across as a good bloke because that was as bad as anything in the last few years bald one included

A truly pathetic result. :angry2:

For me a damning indictment of this Rovers side....no guile,no craft,no passion SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Bowyer lacks any sort of ability to motivate. I like Bowyer, but I dont think he is the right man going forward. Let him see out the season, but next year its back to the drawing board

I think this will be the final straw for a lot of fans, including myself. Bournemouth have been kean away from home this season, they had won twice away from home before today, and to set the team up like that to try and nick a goal was just a disaster waiting to happen.

It really baffles me to see Bowyer stumbling through the season with these tactics and not accepting that thing need to change. I went up for the game at Leeds on New Years Day and thought that he had realised we needed to start going for games, but oh no, next game back to the same old kean, and it hasn't changed a damn bit.

We need a leader, someone who can motivate the team, change things up when necessary and provide good tactics, good substitutions and a good football brain, none of which Bowyer seems to have.

Gary, it was nice having someone so nice managing this club, but it's time to go back to the youth team. Malkey, Curbishley, come save us.

you needed 55 points to stay up last season!

It will be less than that this season, as there were a lot of teams at the bottom who pulled amazing results out, late in the day. last year. We have 46 Points now and are 17 clear of the relegation places. It looks to me like we are going to be very luck to stay in the top half. We need to turn this recent run of defeats around very quickly.

It could be a very trying time over the next few games for Bowyer, as I think some of the fans are now turning on him. Are the players still giving their all? Another couple of defeats and I think things will have to change, but who could make a difference is debatable!

That sounded incredibly poor. Not once did we sound like scoring which at home against a team like Bournemouth is simply not good enough.

Still a firm supporter of GB but he needs a strong end to the season. Lack of creativity at the moment is worrying. No Marshall, Carirney or King doesn't help but we should still be able to generate we chances. Hoping it's just a dip in form as the majority of the season we have been strong. Tough game away at Huddersfield on Sat, that could be 4 losses in a row.

Archived