BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bournemouth Preview

Despair, just total despair.

Where do we go from here, will the Rao family act now?

Will they appoint a proper manager?

I'm just so frustrated and in despair at the mismanagement of the club. It's just bloody maddening.

Just dont think it works like that at Rovers Bryan but dont ask me why as I dont have the answer.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said it Sunday and will say it again. Anyone saying this is 'progress' or any better than last season is plain wrong. Gutless defeat to Burnley followed up by a home defeat by BOURNEMOUTH. With the fixtures coming up this team is on the slide to a bottom half finish.

Guys, those of you who insist on defending "Gary" and the good work he is doing - open your eyes. This is not getting any better at all. He is not in control of what this team are doing and his decision-making is absolutely barking mad.

I've said it since Sunday and will say it again - bowyer out. Steadied the ship, nice guy but just not cut out for this.

Also am I missing something re Chris Taylor?! I've been to every home game this season and a good few away games. In the main ive been impressed with him. Yet he can't get a game, but on loan journeymen like varney and feeney can?!

Bowyer has been given a fair opportunity by our owners but that is 3 inexcusable results, that have cost us any hope of promotion this year. Poor tactics, poor substitutions and a lack of belief among the players. I think GB has to take the blame. Then again, he isn't a manager so you can begin to point the finger elsewhere. It's amazing that Venky's haven't appointed a well known and respected manager, since 2010. Although I'm very grateful for what he's done. He's given us the foundations of a capable side...

Bowyer has been given a fair opportunity by our owners but that is 3 inexcusable results, that have cost us any hope of promotion this year. Poor tactics, poor substitutions and a lack of belief among the players. I think GB has to take the blame. Then again, he isn't a manager so you can begin to point the finger elsewhere. It's amazing that Venky's haven't appointed a well known and respected manager, since 2010. Although I'm very grateful for what he's done. He's given us the foundations of a capable side...

Erik Kinder ' come on down ' !

I've said it since Sunday and will say it again - bowyer out. Steadied the ship, nice guy but just not cut out for this.

Also am I missing something re Chris Taylor?! I've been to every home game this season and a good few away games. In the main ive been impressed with him. Yet he can't get a game, but on loan journeymen like varney and feeney can?!

I am totally bemused by this. Why did we sign Varney and Feeney? Don't get it at all. We have so so so many midfielders. Only Conway seems to be a step up from what we had before.

• Moderation Lead

Bit harsh to be writing off Feeney, given he's played about 30 minutes in total thus far, saying that, I don't think we need him, and am unsure why we signed him, as he's no better than Taylor or King.

Varney is a trier, and Conway seems decent to be fair.

Listening to Bowyer on RR...so relaxed,so apathetic,so 'crack on' so....Keanesque.

If he relaxed any more he'd be asleep. A bit like I wished I was from about 25 minutes in. Now I just feel numb.

He also felt it necessarily to mention in his RR interview about it being "flat around the ground" and that "the players aren't used to being surrounded by negativity".

He's a poor manager. He does not have to tactical nous to change a game for the better. When was the last time he turned a defeat into a draw or a draw into a win? Seems a long time ago.

His reign is being defined by his absolute determination to prove the fans wrong by continuing to have a Lowe and not a Cairney as the fulcrum of the team.

Negativity? Gary, you are the expert.

Respect to those who turned up. Sunday was season end. Tonight is the final nail. So we end with a whimper. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a sign, but from the top down....Loons, presumably Shelfy, then GB, not one will tell us what on earth's going on.

What other club behaves like this....Leeds, Pompey perhaps, but it is owner driven, owners that went in for a quick buck, but ballsed up royally.... it's getting stupid......promotion or bust.....seems like bust to me.......writing on the wall?

It's very easy to say "sack the manager"after you lose a few games. Every fan wants instant success in football, it's just not realistic. We have to give GB time. He has made a lot of progress this season, bought some very good players whilst also shifting out the deadwood. With so many changes in the playing staff (which was needed) and the amount of young players in the squad, we were always going to be inconsistent this season.

With the turnover of playing staff and the injuries recently, it has resulted in very disjointed performances. It would be the same at any other club regardless of who the manager is. Look at Forest right now, can't win a game because of their injury crisis. Bolton couldn't win a game early season, west ham couldn't win a game early season because of injuries. Freedman, Allardyce and Davies are all very good managers and their clubs were right to back their managers. We are in the same boat now, it would be easy to sack GB but it would be the wrong decision - not least because we haven't got a better replacement. It would more likely be Judan Ali than Malky Mackay so be careful what you wish for!!

The club has been mismanaged for 3 years, we are back on track now thanks to GB. Like it or not, it will take another one or two transfer windows before we are fully back on track. Until then, we have to put up with inconsistent results and disappointments like tonight.

Worst display of football I've had to endure at Ewood for quite some time.

We need someone else in soon, let him have whatever games remain of this season to look at the players and then he can use the summer to prepare properly for next season.

If we leave Bowyer in charge for many more matches we are wasting time and opportunity.

If he relaxed any more he'd be asleep. A bit like I wished I was from about 25 minutes in. Now I just feel numb.

He also felt it necessarily to mention in his RR interview about it being "flat around the ground" and that "the players aren't used to being surrounded by negativity".

He's a poor manager. He does not have to tactical nous to change a game for the better. When was the last time he turned a defeat into a draw or a draw into a win? Seems a long time ago.

His reign is being defined by his absolute determination to prove the fans wrong by continuing to have a Lowe and not a Cairney as the fulcrum of the team.

Negativity? Gary, you are the expert.

Bowyer lacks authority when he talks, lacks presence in the Technical Area and his team are a reflection of this. I was looking for anybody to step up to the plate tonight but I saw weakness and surrender. For me it is now inevitable that Bowyer should go.

'We'll pick them back up and come out fighting at Huddersfield'. Like you did tonight Gary?

Personally I predict more of the same. Shambles at the back, lacklustre going forward. No points.

Edit - 1 or 2 more windows rovers11?!! He's brought in around 20 players! He's been signing players to replace ones that HE has signed.

we need to start to plan for next season so whoever they want get then in now and give then time to bed in ready for next season will it happen I think not

Agreed, the players are "playing " to get him out. How else can you explain our form ? We're haven't got a great team but losing to Bournemouth at home in a midweek game ! Do me a favour.

Archived