BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

An all time chaddy classic up there with 'I know someone who plays golf with Tom Finn and we are signing x'

We have had a rotten mix of avoidable and unavoidable injuries this season it seems, the hammys and the like are worrying though

Its strange that the two injuries which have cost us the most points (IMO);

The slovenia/slovakian dirty @#/? who took out Evans in that qualifier

Ben Marshall diving in and hurting himself.

For me that says it all - bad luck. Especially the Marshall one.

The fitness went down hill rapidly very soon after Coco was appointed and it's never been the same. Don't know who or what the turnover of fitness coaches has been but what has been and still is missing is strong leadership from a manager to demand his players to get fit and flog them in training. A holiday camp mentality set in around the whole club and it will take time and some whip cracking to get it back I reckon.

Completely agree. SK was a charlatan on and off the pitch. He had no idea of what a fully prepped and fit team should be giving. How many games did we win in the last 10 minutes under Hughes?

I honestly think though we have seen some fitter players this season though - Nowhere near the level BFS or anyone before had but at least an improvement on the lazy ase days of 2011/13.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pointless vote in my opinion.

1. What do you gain from sacking him?

2. Who would you replace him with?

Over the past 3 years this is the most stable that we've been. I'm not sure what some fans expect but if you're thinking of getting promoted an time soon then forget about it. We are on borrowed time (funds wise) and i for one think Bowyer is doing a decent job of stabilising the club which is what is needed.

Yes some of the last few results haven't gone our way but in the grand scheme of things i think some of the fans need to realise what a sad state of affairs it is at board level and realise that we'll be in this division for years to come unless money starts falling out of the sky.

Just to prove what a set of goomers we as supporters are and to highlight why our judgement should be taken with a pinch of salt at all times.......

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/9974-hughes-out/?p=254980

No wonder Flopsy's buggered off is it? Must have been the shame he couldn't live with. :wstu:

After him banning me a number of times it's probably right to point out that revenge is a dish best served cold. ^_^

Give Bowyer more time to get his injured players back and to play a more settled team I read somewhere that he has used over 30 players this season.

I agree with this - a whole season with Rhodes and Gestede up front, with a midfield of Evans, Conway, Cairney and Marshall, in front of a settled back 4, and I think we could do well in this league.

The worry being that finances will prevent this happening - but that would apply to any manager, and a new manager is likely to cost more than Bowyer.

I agree with this - a whole season with Rhodes and Gestede up front, with a midfield of Evans, Conway, Cairney and Marshall, in front of a settled back 4, and I think we could do well in this league.

The worry being that finances will prevent this happening - but that would apply to any manager, and a new manager is likely to cost more than Bowyer.

Under a manager with the right approach and tactics, you may well be right.

What about Bowyer's approach and tactics make you think he will suddenly be able to do it?

You will never get that midfield though, Lowe will be GB's downfall as others have said in the past.

Before the end of the season, Bowyer needs ask himself, would Lowe get into any of the top 6 squads, let alone be

a certain starter ?

Regarding the last 2 posts - I think it will be very interesting to see who starts in the midfield when all those players are fit.

Cairney, Evans and Conway should always start when fit as far as i'm concerned.

In terms of what Bowyer will and won't do the one reassurance I have had recently is that as soon as Evans was fit again he has gone straight into the team for every game.

If Sheikh of the Rovers makes it known he wants to buy us I may think differently - but as it stands I think trying to get venkys out is biting the hand that is stopping us being a pub team (FFS)

You don't need a Sheikh to buy us, you need the idiots that put us in this position to sod off and some local businessman with a plan and we're in business.

That's the perfect solution in my book, we don't need Venkys and you shouldn't be relying on them to stick around, I'd give up before I did that.

You don't need a Sheikh to buy us, you need the idiots that put us in this position to sod off and some local businessman with a plan and we're in business.

That's the perfect solution in my book, we don't need Venkys and you shouldn't be relying on them to stick around, I'd give up before I did that.

1.Who have you got in mind?

2. What about the 70m of debt when we will be grossing about 10m before any outgoings gav?

"There's only one Jack Walker" was not so much a statement as a prophecy.

"One bad run. Three games."

Dan, do you really believe it's only about these three games? Or is it about a gradual decline this season? Made worse by some truly awful results and non-performances. The Bournmouth match is the worst I've seen Rovers play in a long time. The lack of effort and endeavour was an insult to the fans who turned up on a cold March evening.

Is Bowyer going to continue to make the same mistakes he has all season? Will Lowe and Williamson remain Bowyer's first choice centre midfield pairing? Will we continue to try to grind out a 0-0 draw from the first whistle?

Allardyce got away with some dreadful, dull football (from the majority of fans) because he got results. We are all but safe this season, will Bowyer finally take a 'nothing to lose' approach, or are we doomed to watch the same brand of tentative, cautious non-football epitomised by Jason Lowe as the 2-stroke engine of the team?

Misses him the point completely for me - possibly deliberately.

Its all the fans fault!

Stability seems to be a key-word for a lot of people. Next season the parachute payments halve, so either our playing budget decreases (likely making our PL return less likely) or the debts increase (administration closer), or Venkys pay the difference (unlikely given they havent done this yet).

Thats why personally I'm more inclined toward improvement.

Some absolutely stupid comments about stability when you've still got too many plodders and below average players in the first team squad a sympton that doesnt ever look like being cured under this regime.

Dan, do you really believe it's only about these three games? Or is it about a gradual decline this season? Made worse by some truly awful results and non-performances. The Bournmouth match is the worst I've seen Rovers play in a long time. The lack of effort and endeavour was an insult to the fans who turned up on a cold March evening.

Is Bowyer going to continue to make the same mistakes he has all season? Will Lowe and Williamson remain Bowyer's first choice centre midfield pairing? Will we continue to try to grind out a 0-0 draw from the first whistle?

Allardyce got away with some dreadful, dull football (from the majority of fans) because he got results. We are all but safe this season, will Bowyer finally take a 'nothing to lose' approach, or are we doomed to watch the same brand of tentative, cautious non-football epitomised by Jason Lowe as the 2-stroke engine of the team?

Misses him the point completely for me - possibly deliberately.

I viewed it as a veiled attack on the fans.

I'll never get my head round saying detrimental things about your current and potential customers, seems a rather erroneous action.

Its all the fans fault!

Stability seems to be a key-word for a lot of people. Next season the parachute payments halve, so either our playing budget decreases (likely making our PL return less likely) or the debts increase (administration closer), or Venkys pay the difference (unlikely given they havent done this yet).

Thats why personally I'm more inclined toward improvement.

I clocked that. A bit embarrassed for him tbh

I viewed it as a veiled attack on the fans.

I'll never get my head round saying detrimental things about your current and potential customers, seems a rather erroneous action.

Strange one because Dan Clough posts on here - or used to.

Strange one because Dan Clough posts on here - or used to.

Dan Clough is just a 'young buck' barely off his mother's teat, yet he gets away with preaching at Rovers' fans in the

local paper, yet again.

He won't last long !

Will he ?

It will go down great at Brockhall though !

Archived