BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

no progress has been made, we are in virtually the same position points wise that we were in last season, its just that for some reason, the teams have been so bad that they are taking points off each other, elevating rovers into a higher league position, I cant see us challenging for promotion in the next five years, never mind next season. until venkys have gone, rovers will be in this league for the duration.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're going down that route then the club has been in decline since winning the league for the second time in three years back in 1914.

Until those thickheads figure out that they need to communicate with us and let us know the score, it's all pointless. People on here talk about stability and yet I don't see any, people just talk less, we still know nothing about our club anymore. Until that is resolved all the discussion etc etc are of no consequence as we don't know what game we are playing, just that we're paying one.

Agreed.

Any businessman/bread head must know that such behaviour can only adversely affect brand loyalty and promote disengagement-even in the upside down world of football.

I worry that all the secrecy is masking concerns...otherwise, why not try and get our buy in? Conspiracy theorist?... I am even starting to think Anderson, Kean and the Raos killed Kennedy!

Agreed.

Any businessman/bread head must know that such behaviour can only adversely affect brand loyalty and promote disengagement-even in the upside down world of football.

I worry that all the secrecy is masking concerns...otherwise, why not try and get our buy in? Conspiracy theorist?... I am even starting to think Anderson, Kean and the Raos killed Kennedy!

Which one?

Andy

:) Andy Kennedy. What a tart.

Can anyone help? Am I correct in saying he scored the winner at Bloomfield Road pre season one year in the final of the Manx Cup or similar? Maybe in the comp after it stopped or maybe played locally one year? With a header? 1.0 to Rovers I think, stood on that open away end. cheers trying to solve a discussion here.

This is Blackburn Rovers. Is Bowyer the most suitably qualified person from a world wide audience for one of the top 30 jobs in UK football?

:) Andy Kennedy. What a tart.

Can anyone help? Am I correct in saying he scored the winner at Bloomfield Road pre season one year in the final of the Manx Cup or similar? With a header? 1.0 I think, cheers trying to solve a discussion here.

This is Blackburn Rovers. Is Bowyer the most suitably qualified person from a world wide audience for one of the top 30 jobs in UK football?

Answers itself does that, unless you crave "stability"

I have no issue at all with Parson or anyone elses view that things are better. It's hardly shocking people look at the same problem and have different resolutions. Given all that's gone on I'm not surprised people want GB to stay. He's achieved the same as last year with a better journey, it's been less emotional. In the same vein I can see why others say twist, as we've achieved the same as last year. As always since these keaners bought us all that is needed is for them to talk to us and tell us the score. GB's job would be easier, fans would know what is happening and we could perhaps start to find middle ground. Until they do that we don't know the rules of the game they have forced us to play. Nothing will change until that happens. so we should all just be bit more considerate of others opinion and the reasoning behind it.

That is not me saying which way I would go either, I'm firmly on the fence over GB.

You must be a glass half empty kind of person,

Instability can be positive, ie going up the league

Leicester and Burnley have had stability this season in terms of a settled squad and a manager who has been working with that squad for a couple of years, and they have achieved success.

I doubt many would class their success as instability - it is a product of them having stability.

Watching the interview with Ben Marshall on Rovers player he draws parallels between us and Leicester - they got rid of a lot of big names and Pearson shaped a young squad over a couple of years. Not saying we are certainly heading that way but there are signs of hope there (unless the financial axe falls)

Pearson made the play-offs in his first full season after returning from Hull. Comparisons are a little off. I posted quite a bit about his record recently - probably earlier in this thread. He was even binned off during his first spell at Leicester because he fell out with the then owners.

Bowyer is about 10 points behind what could really be considered the kind of 'stability' that Pearson achieved. Frustratingly I think I watched Bowyer himself, consciously, avoid trying to get those points and instead trying to settle for a draw - and ending up with 0 on a few occasions.

Leicester and Burnley have had stability this season in terms of a settled squad and a manager who has been working with that squad for a couple of years, and they have achieved success.

I doubt many would class their success as instability - it is a product of them having stability.

Watching the interview with Ben Marshall on Rovers player he draws parallels between us and Leicester - they got rid of a lot of big names and Pearson shaped a young squad over a couple of years. Not saying we are certainly heading that way but there are signs of hope there (unless the financial axe falls)

How many players have we signed to get this "stability"

How long has Pearson been a manager

Pearson's win % at Leicester, 1st spell 51.40%, second spell 50.77%. What is Bowyers?

Leicester are financialy way above our league

There is really very little to compare when you look at the facts

Until those thickheads figure out that they need to communicate with us and let us know the score, it's all pointless. People on here talk about stability and yet I don't see any, people just talk less, we still know nothing about our club anymore. Until that is resolved all the discussion etc etc are of no consequence as we don't know what game we are playing, just that we're paying one.

I understand where your coming from but I have a contrary view. I want the Raos to:

1. Remain silent. Nothing good comes from them speaking.

2. Back the Rovers financially.

So when it comes to speaking, I prefer they do their talking by actions which improve performances on the pitch. Anything else is just air.

I understand where your coming from but I have a contrary view. I want the Raos to:

1. Remain silent. Nothing good comes from them speaking.

2. Back the Rovers financially.

So when it comes to speaking, I prefer they do their talking by actions which improve performances on the pitch. Anything else is just air.

That's just stupid!!!!!

:lol:

Sorry Steve but the temptation was too much after my previous post!

i really just want them to come out and say publicly that they intend to support the club financially. Then I want them too do it. If they truly are in it for the long haul then they should as the one thing they have done to date is display words and actions at opposite poles. If here for the long haul, they need a relationship with the fans for it too work and that can be achieved quicker in my opinion this way. They don't need to speak often just truthfully and back it up. The best thing about Rovers was that it was truly a community club, fan has an issue JW will meet you, were else does that happen. Rovers embraced their fans and yet now, none of this would happen, the club is almost detached from the community these days. The only way it can work long term is if a relationship is formed and only the loons can start that given there abject absence and refusal to communicate.

That's just stupid!!!!!

:lol:

Sorry Steve but the temptation was too much after my previous post!

i really just want them to come out and say publicly that they intend to support the club financially. Then I want them too do it. If they truly are in it for the long haul then they should as the one thing they have done to date is display words and actions at opposite poles. If here for the long haul, they need a relationship with the fans for it too work and that can be achieved quicker in my opinion this way. They don't need to speak often just truthfully and back it up. The best thing about Rovers was that it was truly a community club, fan has an issue JW will meet you, were else does that happen. Rovers embraced their fans and yet now, none of this would happen, the club is almost detached from the community these days. The only way it can work long term is if a relationship is formed and only the loons can start that given there abject absence and refusal to communicate.

I do agree with your analysis here.Their deficits in leadership and communication are just so needless, it is perverse!

We are but an inconvenience, far far away, that hasn't worked. They are proud, but the inner circle controls their mind. All self interest. They have no idea what to do with us, as all their "trusted" advisors have failed. Not walking away to save face and hope something amazing happens?

They don't speak as everything they have said before was nonsense - they haven't got a clue what to do! Blockbuster!

Aah, aah
You better beware, you better take care
You better watch out if you've not got long black hair
He'll come from behind, you go out of your mind
You'd better not go, you'd never know what you'll find

Aah, aah
You look in his eyes, don't be surprised
If you don't know what's going on behind his disguise
Nobody knows where Balaji goes
He'll steal your club out from under your nose

Does anyone know the way, did we hear someone say
We just haven't got a clue what to do
Does anyone know the way, there's got to be a way
To Block Baji!

The cops are out, they're running about
Don't know if they'll ever be able to Block Baji out
He's gotta be caught, he's gotta be taught
'Cos he's more evil than anyone here ever thought

Does anyone know the way did we hear someone say
We just haven't got a clue - ow!
To Block Baji!

To Block Baji!

Aah, aah, aah, aah
Baji, Baji, to Block Baji!

Aah, aah

You better beware, you better take care

You better watch out if you've not got long black hair

He'll come from behind, you go out of your mind

You'd better not go, you'd never know what you'll find

Aah, aah

You look in his eyes, don't be surprised

If you don't know what's going on behind his disguise

Nobody knows where Balaji goes

He'll steal your club out from under your nose

Does anyone know the way, did we hear someone say

To Block Baji!

The cops are out, they're running about

Don't know if they'll ever be able to Block Baji out

He's gotta be caught, he's gotta be taught

'Cos he's more evil than anyone here ever thought

We just haven't got a clue - ow!

To Block Baji!

To Block Baji!

Aah, aah, aah, aah

Chinn & Chapman would be proud of your changes! What a song. The 70's weren't all that bad...

Dyche goes out to win every game, Bowyer does not.

What's our new press officer(?) up to? Anyone heard anything from him? Is he a press officer? Can't even remember now

He's supposed to be organising a tea party, (which is obviously crucial in the rebuilding of the club!)

Nothing personal but it annoys me that Venky's obviously think appointing a Director of Communications is a way of appeasing the fans.

Maybe it will appeal to sycophants who want to get chummy with someone in power at the club but real fans just want some genuine intent shown in trying to right the wrongs of the last few years, (ie a decent chairman, proven manager and not using FFP as an excuse for spending peanuts).

He's supposed to be organising a tea party, (which is obviously crucial in the rebuilding of the club!)

Nothing personal but it annoys me that Venky's obviously think appointing a Director of Communications is a way of appeasing the fans.

Maybe it will appeal to sycophants who want to get chummy with someone in power at the club but real fans just want some genuine intent shown in trying to right the wrongs of the last few years, (ie a decent chairman, proven manager and not using FFP as an excuse for spending peanuts).

He's not communicated with me, I'm a ST holder, on Facebook & twitter, and would quite like to know what the Looney tunes are up to?

How many players have we signed to get this "stability" How long has Pearson been a manager Pearson's win % at Leicester, 1st spell 51.40%, second spell 50.77%. What is Bowyers? Leicester are financialy way above our league There is really very little to compare when you look at the facts

As I said, Marshall compared the way the teams were developed. As he has played for both I thought he might have some authority to make a comparison.

Obviously you know better than him.

What's the difference between the 'Director of Communications' and the old PAPR chappie - surely it's all in the name?

Archived