BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

:) Andy Kennedy. What a tart.

Can anyone help? Am I correct in saying he scored the winner at Bloomfield Road pre season one year in the final of the Manx Cup or similar? Maybe in the comp after it stopped or maybe played locally one year? With a header? 1.0 to Rovers I think, stood on that open away end. cheers trying to solve a discussion here.

This is Blackburn Rovers. Is Bowyer the most suitably qualified person from a world wide audience for one of the top 30 jobs in UK football?

Andy Kennedy - knew Jack Walker was coming in when he was enjoying a Saturday night out in Manhattan Heights and the rest of us were yet to be informed.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But he won't be able to say anything of strategic importance and is basically a paid apologist.

We need actions not words.

He's already blocked Abbey on twitter, can only imagine Abs was probably asking after the welfare of Madam Desai, because

we haven't heard from her for a while.

I understand where your coming from but I have a contrary view. I want the Raos to:

1. Remain silent. Nothing good comes from them speaking.

2. Back the Rovers financially.

So when it comes to speaking, I prefer they do their talking by actions which improve performances on the pitch. Anything else is just air.

Dunno for how long it will last but they are doing both of those things at present. A belated 'credit where credit is due' but I'm saying that without the help of a crystal ball.

Chinn & Chapman would be proud of your changes! What a song. The 70's weren't all that bad...

They were for Brian Connolly.

For me in terms of the team its all very simple.

Bowyer has got in some decent players fairly cheaply - Evans, Cairney, Gestede, Conway Kilgallon and Marshall (though he was more money). If he had those players fit I genuinely believe he would have gone out to win every game. Do you think Burnley would be in the position they are in if they had kept losing key players through injury all season long? Lets be blunt I don't think many teams would cope well with it. The problem for us has been there have simply been to many long term injuries.

Its robbed us of the opportunity to ever put out our strongest team, its prevented us being able to be consistent with team selection. That's on top of having to change a lot of players for one reason or another. With the turn over of players Bowyer had to carry out we needed a season of relatively low number of injuries to be able to get the team to build up an understanding playing alongside each other etc. Just like Burnley did.

I just cant blame Bowyer - if anything he has managed to build a young youthful competitive squad. Considering the age of the team this season would have helped give them experience, both individually and hopefully as a team. It was always a MASSIVE job to clear out a lot of players on huge wages simply not performing or in any way justifying the wages.

For me the problem is simply we are in soo much debt because of mad owners making unbelievably bad decision after decision. We don't know what is going to happen because of this debt - the owners aren't saying a word about it. That's what is causing either anger or apathy amongst the fans.

Look at it another way, if the club had better owners wasn't in the huge debt its in, we had a manager come in - save us from relegation, start putting a young team together but was hit badly by injuries all season long but still keep us in the top ten - keep strengthening the squad bit by bit because of the injuries etc then most of us would be inclined to give him another season and see if he can get us to make the step up - hoping that we would not suffer as badly injury wise and in reality start the season with a better squad than the previous season.

The problem isn't Bowyer - the problem is the mess our owners have got us in. For me they owe the club a massive debt and need to back it to the hilt financially to get a proper management team in above Bowyer and let them run the club properly.

Andy Kennedy certainly knew how to party that's for sure. Spotted him out everywhere from Park Hall, Kingsway Southport, A few in Preston, Gamebird and every club in Blackburn except Mr G's :) all in the same week sometimes lol

Andy Kennedy certainly knew how to party that's for sure. Spotted him out everywhere from Park Hall, Kingsway Southport, A few in Preston, Gamebird and every club in Blackburn except Mr G's :) all in the same week sometimes lol

I used to see him in the Poachers and Gamebird on Sunday nights! Like I said he was a total tart.

He's already blocked Abbey on twitter, can only imagine Abs was probably asking after the welfare of Madam Desai, because

we haven't heard from her for a while.

Just checked... Not blocked although he now ignores anything I say or ask . He replies to the Rovers Fans .

Good old Andy 'Hamstring' Kennedy.

I remember him eye balling the Nuttall Street Enclosure whilst warming up as a sub for Watford, (who he left us for), whilst the Rovers fans chanted, 'Andy amstring, Andy amstring, hello hello'

He came on, did his hamstring and went off about 5 minutes later :-)

Bowyer has got in some decent players fairly cheaply - Evans, Cairney, Gestede, Conway Kilgallon and Marshall (though he was more money). If he had those players fit I genuinely believe he would have gone out to win every game. Do you think Burnley would be in the position they are in if they had kept losing key players through injury all season long? Lets be blunt I don't think many teams would cope well with it. The problem for us has been there have simply been to many long term injuries.

Its robbed us of the opportunity to ever put out our strongest team, its prevented us being able to be consistent with team selection. That's on top of having to change a lot of players for one reason or another. With the turn over of players Bowyer had to carry out we needed a season of relatively low number of injuries to be able to get the team to build up an understanding playing alongside each other etc. Just like Burnley did.

I just cant blame Bowyer - if anything he has managed to build a young youthful competitive squad. Considering the age of the team this season would have helped give them experience, both individually and hopefully as a team. It was always a MASSIVE job to clear out a lot of players on huge wages simply not performing or in any way justifying the wages.

For me the problem is simply we are in soo much debt because of mad owners making unbelievably bad decision after decision. We don't know what is going to happen because of this debt - the owners aren't saying a word about it. That's what is causing either anger or apathy amongst the fans.

Look at it another way, if the club had better owners wasn't in the huge debt its in, we had a manager come in - save us from relegation, start putting a young team together but was hit badly by injuries all season long but still keep us in the top ten - keep strengthening the squad bit by bit because of the injuries etc then most of us would be inclined to give him another season and see if he can get us to make the step up - hoping that we would not suffer as badly injury wise and in reality start the season with a better squad than the previous season.

The problem isn't Bowyer - the problem is the mess our owners have got us in. For me they owe the club a massive debt and need to back it to the hilt financially to get a proper management team in above Bowyer and let them run the club properly.

Some excellent points though for me the fact that Bowyer is manager, (ie going for the cheap option), perfectly sums up the ambivalence of the owners.

Think big and you get big, and vice versa.

The injuries can partly be put down to bad luck but I think the manager and coaching staff have to take some responsibility, (particularly thinking of the Hanley situation).

He's blocked me on twitter and I only asked awkward questions and didn't even go in rant mode at him..

That's a great way to start as Director of Communications. He's alienating the fans right from the start. If he doesn't start communicating soon he's going to be disliked just as much as Agnew. Somebody should put him straight.

At least he ain't pretending to be a Rovers fan like the other DOC. How long before he makes director of operations I wonder, maybe he'll even advise the globe :)

What makes this worse is that I remember " Lifelong Rovers fan", when he was about 13 years old. He was a Rovers fan then. So, in my book, that makes his actions even worse ...

For the kind of debt Rovers are carrying versus the quality of the players you mention it aint right is it.

You miss out Robinson and Grant Hanley the best two players means you've either got be some sort of plant or a comedian.

Slight flaw with flagging up Ben Marshall's account of how Leicester and Nigel Pearson shaped his squad and taking it as a sign that we are marching along unstoppably on the road to nirvana is that one of the players Leicester & Nigel Pearson got shut of was...errr...Ben Marshall!

A good point - I think that, as we have seen with Leicester's position in the League, they now have the polished end-product of moulding a young squad.

Marshall has shown flickers of his potential for us, but he probably wasn't enough of a finished article to fit in with the rest of the squad at Leicester this season.

Even if he was on his way out of Leicester, I just thought it was encouraging that he saw similarities with what is being done at Rovers.

why are people Rovers Fans???.

what sort of questions have you asked him?

have you be abusive or aggressive towards him??!

Abusive ? Aggressive ? Why would I do that ????

The Rovers Fans on twitter are like you in that if venkys told fans to jump off the roof , you would ask if you wanted a flip first .

Jal

I didn't miss out Hanley and Robinson. In past posts I have actually said one of the injuries that hindered us and cost us a lot of points was not having Robinson available. I was simply saying that Bowyer has brought in some decent players! Obviously both Robbo and Hanley were already with the club. Same applies to Rhodes.

The debt we have should equal an unbelievable squad but unfortunately most of that money was squandered before Bowyers time as manager. Im not sure Bowyer would have got rid of some of the players or alienated the ones that were here after Sams unbelievable sacking. The dismantling of that squad by Sams replacement was bordering on the criminal! The dismantling of the board at rovers was just as terrible. I could go on but I wont as it makes me too angry to even think about it.

I just don't direct my anger at Bowyer - I actually think he has the makings of a good manager. For the money he has spent he has done ok. He is simply picking up the pieces in difficult circumstances. He has made mistakes and brought in some that haven't worked out but he doesn't seem to stick with those mistakes blindly and has looked to move on the players that haven't worked. None of them were very expensive mistakes and as such easier to move them on.

The problem was before him we signed very expensive players (well very high wages) compared to what they contributed. Until and including Sam any wages in general were spent well. After Sam it was madness. Shifting those expensive mistakes has not been cheap or easy.

Abusive ? Aggressive ? Why would I do that ????

The Rovers Fans on twitter are like you in that if venkys told fans to jump off the roof , you would ask if you wanted a flip first .

your problem is you DO NOT like when somebody disagree with your point of view. you just cant face the fact that people have a different view.

no wonder he ignores you.

Archived