BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

Jal

I didn't miss out Hanley and Robinson. In past posts I have actually said one of the injuries that hindered us and cost us a lot of points was not having Robinson available. I was simply saying that Bowyer has brought in some decent players! Obviously both Robbo and Hanley were already with the club. Same applies to Rhodes.

The debt we have should equal an unbelievable squad but unfortunately most of that money was squandered before Bowyers time as manager. Im not sure Bowyer would have got rid of some of the players or alienated the ones that were here after Sams unbelievable sacking. The dismantling of that squad by Sams replacement was bordering on the criminal! The dismantling of the board at rovers was just as terrible. I could go on but I wont as it makes me too angry to even think about it.

I just don't direct my anger at Bowyer - I actually think he has the makings of a good manager. For the money he has spent he has done ok. He is simply picking up the pieces in difficult circumstances. He has made mistakes and brought in some that haven't worked out but he doesn't seem to stick with those mistakes blindly and has looked to move on the players that haven't worked. None of them were very expensive mistakes and as such easier to move them on.

The problem was before him we signed very expensive players (well very high wages) compared to what they contributed. Until and including Sam any wages in general were spent well. After Sam it was madness. Shifting those expensive mistakes has not been cheap or easy.

Fair enough R4e, two points though one is, Gary Bowyers name maybe attributed to the signings but that doesnt in anyway mean that hes the man actually signing them something that chaddy cant or doesnt want to understand. The other is if the club ends up with no money how much is it going to cost to get rid of the poor signings that have been made over the past twelve months and there are a few.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ABBEY

....I got to meet Marie Whittaker !!

I'd like to see an all time caner/shagger league of Rovers players :) Think Andy would be up there although maybe behind good old Dunny in totty stakes lol

Slight flaw with flagging up Ben Marshall's account of how Leicester and Nigel Pearson shaped his squad and taking it as a sign that we are marching along unstoppably on the road to nirvana is that one of the players Leicester & Nigel Pearson got shut of was...errr...Ben Marshall!

Andy Kennedy scored the winner at Bloomfield in the Lancs Cup on 15 Aug 1990, the "Manx" involvement was a thing of the past then

Quite a few fans of both sides had enjoyed a day at Lytham watching Lancs v Essex in the County Championship before pottering along to the football

Thanks. Did we win 1.0? How did Lancashire get on? ;)

your problem is you DO NOT like when somebody disagree with your point of view. you just cant face the fact that people have a different view.

no wonder he ignores you.

Bloody hell Chaddy have you read that back to yourself??

Blimey.

I'd like to see an all time caner/shagger league of Rovers players :) Think Andy would be up there although maybe behind good old Dunny in totty stakes lol

Isn't there a legend about Kennedy having his way with three different women on an overnight ferry to Scandinavia for a pre season tour?

After the Bournemouth shambles I would have sacked him but he certainly has got a response from the players since that. Personally if it was my decision whether to back or sack Bowyer I would like a chat with him about where he wants to take the club and how quickly, what he has learnt from this season to take into the next one, are we going to play the more attacking higher pressing style of football that we have played in the last three games or are we going to revert back to the dour defensive stuff and finally I would like to know is Cairney going to play central (because I think that him playing in there is key to us challenging for promotion next season). Based on the responses to those question, I would decide whether to back or sack Bowyer.

There is no one at the club to ask those questions though apart from a ditherer who's just going through the motions. Do I believe they are in regular direct contact with the owners ? No, otherwise there would be no need for regular trips to India or previous global idiots etc. They probably just plod on amidst rumour and hearsay regarding their positions.

It would seem strange to sack Bowyer now, after he's done a major rebuild of the squad. If the person who replaced him kept pretty much the same squad it would seem cruel on Bowyer who deserves the chance to create a decent team from the players he's brought in. I wouldn't give him for ever - but he needs a bit more time than this.

If the person who replaced Bowyer decided to rebuild the squad again, what was the point of appointing Bowyer in the first place?

It's a simple question:

What do you have more faith in:

* Bowyer learning from his mistakes and making Rovers promotion-contenders?

* Venky's hiring someone substantially better than Bowyer?

I know which way I'm leaning.

It would seem strange to sack Bowyer now, after he's done a major rebuild of the squad. If the person who replaced him kept pretty much the same squad it would seem cruel on Bowyer who deserves the chance to create a decent team from the players he's brought in. I wouldn't give him for ever - but he needs a bit more time than this.

If the person who replaced Bowyer decided to rebuild the squad again, what was the point of appointing Bowyer in the first place?

good point. the squad has been rebuilt and we have a strong 15/16 man squad. we need to take this squad forward with 4 or 5 signings and a couple of players from the academy/reserves.

If a bit of steel in the centre of the park, a bit more experience and a bit more quality could be added to this present squad, along with a strong and organized leader then we could go places next season. Sadly it's unlikely to happen and I expect similar to this season as we guide our way through the FFP minefield and trimming the squad down and possibly having to try and plug the holes of the few good players we may lose. That's not being pessimistic for the sake of it, it's being realistic about where we are at.

good point. the squad has been rebuilt and we have a strong 15/16 man squad. we need to take this squad forward with 4 or 5 signings and a couple of players from the academy/reserves.

Who are these players from the academy/reserves as it would seem chaddy that in this area the club is really struggling to produce top talent for the first team.

We have about 40 professional players Chaddy.

If Bowyer has done such a good job why does he need to bring in another 4 or 5?

And as JAL says, who are these couple from the academy / reserves?

We have about 40 professional players Chaddy.

If Bowyer has done such a good job why does he need to bring in another 4 or 5?

And as JAL says, who are these couple from the academy / reserves?

you need to improve the squad. we need first choice right back, centre back, striker with pace, midfielder and maybe experience keeper if Robbo does leave.

this summer we need rid of the deadwood players like Best, DJ, Etuhu, etc. plus players like Robinson(I believe), Dunn and Goodwillie are out of contract this summer.

the couple from the academy/reserves are Connor Mahoney(winger), Dean Rittenberg(striker) and Jack O'Connell(centre back)

Archived