BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taken too long to get that response out in my opinion Glen. It should have been done within 24 hours.

Telegraph was contacted same day , they said they'd print our response which they have done today .

I agree it should of happened quickly but we had to give them a chance to print the response before issuing a website statement .

From a personal point of view , I was appalled by the article as it had zero substance but I wouldn't expect any different from the author tbh

you need to improve the squad. we need first choice right back, centre back, striker with pace, midfielder and maybe experience keeper if Robbo does leave.

this summer we need rid of the deadwood players like Best, DJ, Etuhu, etc. plus players like Robinson(I believe), Dunn and Goodwillie are out of contract this summer.

the couple from the academy/reserves are Connor Mahoney(winger), Dean Rittenberg(striker) and Jack O'Connell(centre back)

I assume this summer will be different and Etuhu, Campbell and Best will all have buyers? Carry on living in your bubble. I would bring Best back into the squad assuming some team wants to take his wages (won't happen), as he is proving that he can do a good job at this level, however Bowyer is too stubborn.

We can't allow Robinson and Dunn to go, far too much experience and still 2 key players.

Mahoney and Rittenburg are kids, we can't be relying on them. Loan them out first. Ones a kid who couldn't nail down a place at Stanley, he is very young, and the other hasn't been in the reserves long. O'Connell could do with another loan spell too as he needs game time and won't get it here.

Guest Norbert

Just by having read BRAG's response, I think I can say that Dan Clough has made himself look like a vile, jumped up little twerp who obviously has some issues regarding Blackburn fans. For a local paper to call one of the area's biggest clubs an 'ugly plague' should incur at least a telling off from the boss. These people are customers after all.

Anyway, goodness knows who will leave this summer, but let's say that Hanley, Robinson and Rhodes leave to chop the wage bill. The team would be much weaker, and I don't think Bowyer would be able to replace them adequately. I can't say who could get us up in such a situation as it would be pretty effing impossible should such a situation arise.

Re Billy Davies-No way should he come. He's a belligerent basket case who'd probably end up having fist fights with Shelfie and any player who looks at him funny. He's clearly a nearly man when it comes to promotion and does not have what it takes.

I assume this summer will be different and Etuhu, Campbell and Best will all have buyers? Carry on living in your bubble. I would bring Best back into the squad assuming some team wants to take his wages (won't happen), as he is proving that he can do a good job at this level, however Bowyer is too stubborn.

We can't allow Robinson and Dunn to go, far too much experience and still 2 key players.

Mahoney and Rittenburg are kids, we can't be relying on them. Loan them out first. Ones a kid who couldn't nail down a place at Stanley, he is very young, and the other hasn't been in the reserves long. O'Connell could do with another loan spell too as he needs game time and won't get it here.

Best has a shocking attitude. dont want him here.

even if we just loan them out will help.

Rittenberg and Mahoney are talented players. why not give them chance. just like we have with Hanley, Henley and Jones.

Chaddy you can do more harm than good playing youngsters too early. Physical and mental maturity takes time to develope even if the technical ability is there already. I would suggest they have some way to go before being first team regulars.

Billy Davies? No thanks. Obnoxious and nasty little bloke.

I like the quality of names being linked to Forest. Hoddle, Mackay and Zola. 'Mystic meg' comments and 'Owen isn't a natural goalscorer' aside I always liked Hoddle.

Chaddy you can do more harm than good playing youngsters too early. Physical and mental maturity takes time to develope even if the technical ability is there already. I would suggest they have some way to go before being first team regulars.

I like the quality of names being linked to Forest. Hoddle, Mackay and Zola. 'Mystic meg' comments and 'Owen isn't a natural goalscorer' aside I always liked Hoddle.

i'm understand your first point.

totally agree on Billy Davies..even tho I wanted him last season.as manager to replace Kean. the way he has acted is like nasty little bloke.

I dont see Mackay or Hoddle getting the job. from listening to Warnock comments about why he reject the job. the Forest owner seems to want a say in signings and team selections.

Hoddle hasnt managed in 8 years. last job was at Wolves.

I can see Zola getting it. but he hasnt achieve anything in management yet tho.

Agree about Davies and I always liked the way Hoddle's teams played. I think Hoddle had a touch of the David Ickes in the end.

Of course, you do know that Venky's, Anderson and Kean all happened because everyone, who lives in Blackburn-and there are apparently no exceptions- enjoyed previous lives as war criminals.

i'm understand your first point.

totally agree on Billy Davies..even tho I wanted him last season.as manager to replace Kean. the way he has acted is like nasty little bloke.

I dont see Mackay or Hoddle getting the job. from listening to Warnock comments about why he reject the job. the Forest owner seems to want a say in signings and team selections.

Hoddle hasnt managed in 8 years. last job was at Wolves.

I can see Zola getting it. but he hasnt achieve anything in management yet tho.

One of the Wham Managers that tried to play the purist way. Typically after a season it went pear shaped and they stayed up by the skin of their teeth. Was lucky to get a bunch of Italians playing above their usual level last season and this season soon got found out. Not for me.

Mackay would probably be my choice if push came to shove. Think he did a good job at Cardiff and not only that but he had them working as hard as any team. Some questionable signings in the summer? Possibly. Cornelius being the obvious.

I think my first choice taking a degree of realism, would be Grayson at Preston - 3 promotions at 3 different clubs. Unfairly sacked by Leeds when he had taken them up and they were in 7th. Now having a decent tenure at Preston which has seen them go from relegation strugglers to 5th in the league in just over a year.

If we insist on removing Bowyer from his role this is....

Telegraph was contacted same day , they said they'd print our response which they have done today .

I agree it should of happened quickly but we had to give them a chance to print the response before issuing a website statement .

From a personal point of view , I was appalled by the article as it had zero substance but I wouldn't expect any different from the author tbh

Well done, I read that article and thought it was strange as surely something would have been posted on here.

I'm glad you set the record straight and put Dan Clough back in his place. The way he speaks about us is disgraceful and quite frankly I'd like a public apology from him for his recent words RE: rovers fans.

Well done, I read that article and thought it was strange as surely something would have been posted on here.

I'm glad you set the record straight and put Dan Clough back in his place. The way he speaks about us is disgraceful and quite frankly I'd like a public apology from him for his recent words RE: rovers fans.

flogging would be better

Interview on Roversplayer (Gestede). Apparently we are still in the hunt for the play-offs.

So is it the fans who have unrealistic aims, or is 'stability' really only an excuse for failure?

BRFCAG response to Dan Clough's inaccurate reporting last week

http://www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk/re-lancashire-telegraph-10314/

Good response to a frankly cr@p piece in the Telegraph, not sure what he was trying to achieve really, bring back Revidge I say!

Can I also commend you on the free ticket initiative for the Foster Carers Association and Targeted Youth Support kids, this sort of thing often goes unnoticed, good effort by BRFCAG.

Continuity and stability are the only foundations on which you can build with any degree of success. Three years of instability has brought the club to its knees and it's time people realised that it will take years to rebuild what the Rao family have destroyed. It's not just the first team that has suffered under their watch. The Reserves and Academy have also gone backwards. You only have to look at the number of youngsters being brought in from other clubs to try to rebuild the Academy and Reserves and to see just what a state we are in. It will take time to get the foundations right. Giving the manager time to implement long term plans is the only way forward for me.

Continuity and stability are the only foundations on which you can build with any degree of success. Three years of instability has brought the club to its knees and it's time people realised that it will take years to rebuild what the Rao family have destroyed. It's not just the first team that has suffered under their watch. The Reserves and Academy have also gone backwards. You only have to look at the number of youngsters being brought in from other clubs to try to rebuild the Academy and Reserves and to see just what a state we are in. It will take time to get the foundations right. Giving the manager time to implement long term plans is the only way forward for me.

totally agree there ParsonBlue.

Bowyer should be given time to rebuild this football club. he is defo the right manager for us.

people need to realise this is a long term project.

I understand that Parson but does Bowyer strike you as someone who is implementing a long term plan?

The recent scattergun signings of Dabo, Varney and Feeney, the threadbare cover at CH, the constant chopping and changing of team personnel and formation - it doesn't scream long term plan to me.

I understand that Parson but does Bowyer strike you as someone who is implementing a long term plan?

The recent scattergun signings of Dabo, Varney and Feeney, the threadbare cover at CH, the constant chopping and changing of team personnel and formation - it doesn't scream long term plan to me.

I know that Gary is working on a long term project. Of course there will be short term comings and goings but there is a long term plan for the club. In many ways it is rather like the Derby County situation where three or four years were spent getting rid of high earners and bringing in younger players and developing them.

I think Varney will sign perm this summer.

you have to change formation to play Dunn with 2 strikers?

Gestede has been playing very well and Rhodes is scoring again.

Continuity and stability are the only foundations on which you can build with any degree of success.

Turmoil within a club is no good Parson, everyone knows that. Yes the management side has calmed down a little but the current set up still leaves a lot to be desired (again, as everyone would agree). So you wouldn't want us to stabilise there, would you - you would want change to a better management model wouldn't you?

So why is it different with a team manager? Ideally you would want stability and continuity in that position as well, but you know as long as I've been supporting Rovers we've never had that in the managers position. If the manager wasn't up to it he got the sack - and if he was up to it, he left and went elsewhere. The manager is judged on results at every club Parson, every single one of them unless you want us to become another Crewe Alexander. Argue keeping Bowyer on, on his merits as a manager by all means, but not on the club needing stability and continuity.

Archived