BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

In reply to Parson.

True but that means we should be in a position to start driving forward a lot quicker then. Their original squad was far poorer than ours. I'd argue we are as strong as them now and have been all season squad wise.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mackay would probably be my choice if push came to shove. Think he did a good job at Cardiff and not only that but he had them working as hard as any team. Some questionable signings in the summer? Possibly. Cornelius being the obvious.

I think my first choice taking a degree of realism, would be Grayson at Preston - 3 promotions at 3 different clubs. Unfairly sacked by Leeds when he had taken them up and they were in 7th. Now having a decent tenure at Preston which has seen them go from relegation strugglers to 5th in the league in just over a year.

If we insist on removing Bowyer from his role this is....

Same two for me as well. I think Grayson will end up taking a team to the top flight at some point, if given the opportunity. We could probably get him too.

I think Varney will sign perm this summer.

you have to change formation to play Dunn with 2 strikers?

Gestede has been playing very well and Rhodes is scoring again.

I sincerely hope you are wrong. Varney has shown nothing new to the club since he joined. Just another plodder adding to the expenses but not to the team.

I think Varney will sign perm this summer.

You give a prefect example of why the fans should stay away next season chaddy if the pish poor Luke Varney signs.

A very poor player that offers nothing

You give a prefect example of why the fans should stay away next season chaddy if the pish poor Luke Varney signs.

A very poor player that offers nothing

why should fans stay away for???

i will renewing my season ticket for next season whoever we sign this summer. I am very passionate Rovers fan and will always support my team watever league we are in..

totally agree on Billy Davies..even tho I wanted him last season.as manager to replace Kean. the way he has acted is like nasty little bloke.

Bit harsh, that. At least let him buy you a burger first.

i will renewing my season ticket for next season whoever we sign this summer. I am very passionate Rovers fan and will always support my team watever league we are in..

To accept this is when passion becomes stupidity chaddy.

To accept this is when passion becomes stupidity chaddy.

The Rovers could do this to chaddyrovers

they could run over his dog, scoop it up, bake it in a pie, serve it to him at a picnic and then send him the bill for their culinary time and effort?

and he would still buy the ticket,

credits to Den, ABBEY and Beta Ray Bill

:D

The Rovers could do this to chaddyrovers

they could run over his dog, scoop it up, bake it in a pie, serve it to him at a picnic and then send him the bill for their culinary time and effort?

and he would still buy the ticket,

credits to Den and ABBEY

:D

Not forgetting Beta Ray Bill :)

"Stability"

I understand where people are coming from but I honestly don't think we have stability. I think we have status quo and that's not the same thing.

The way I see it we have a number of types of potential genuine stability.

1) Promotion to the PL

Glass half full. This will bring money into the club which will in all likelihood clear out debts. So, what does one year of PL income look like compared to the size of our debt. Must be getting close to break-even. Assuming Venkys are interested in BRFC, glass still half full, then this will pay off the debt and allow us to start again. However, likely relegation from the PL will mean a further season of instability albeit with some more parachute payments. An unlikely promotion and subsequent survival could be the only real hope for this stability.

However, this probably needs to happen before one years PL prize money turns into half of the debt. Surely even Venkys aren't stupid enough to keep pissing money away? In which case Bowyer doesn't have years to build over and over to get it right.

2) Relegation/Administration

Glass half empty.

A Pompey-style drop through the leagues until the debt is paid off, even at say 2p in the pound, and we may eventually find a new level that we can start again from. At that point it would be a strange sort of stability found only through sheer hard work and luck. If this is the stability we are going to achieve then we are a long way from rock bottom just yet, and will remain so for a long time once Venkys turn the taps off.

3) Rich New Owners

Glass overfloweth. La-la land. Why would anyone with wealth buy us - unless they were a fan of the club. We have a rich history but a paucity of fans.

4) Venkys genuinely are going to bankroll the club indefinitely.

Absolute mindless stupidity but if this is to become 'stability' they have to prove it. Because from where I sit, that box looks awfully deserted on match days.

It's just not credible to say we have achieved stability. We have achieved getting rid of the noisy and disruptive influences in the background but that is all that has really changed. How much credit Bowyer can really take for this, I'm not sure. Ironically, it could actually be the much maligned Shebby Singh who has brought it about. First helping Kean on his way, then with the alleged removal of Agnew and finally with he himself walking away.

So if we manage to attract one of the likes of Mackay, Davies, Grayson etc to the madhouse how long before this thread is resurrected? 2/3 bad results? 1st trip to Pune? Not all can ever agree and the back / sack brigade don't need much these days to start em off do they?

So if we manage to attract one of the likes of Mackay, Davies, Grayson etc to the madhouse how long before this thread is resurrected? 2/3 bad results? 1st trip to Pune? Not all can ever agree and the back / sack brigade don't need much these days to start em off do they?

are u in favour of keeping Bowyer as manager for next season?

Do you think we should keep GB chaddy?

yes I do. he is rebuilding a player squad and we have a strong 15/16 man squad for next season..just need 5 good signings to add to it I believe we will been top 10.

he has brought us much needed stability we was much overdue. need this before we can challenge for promotion.

Jury is out. After the previous incumbents in his office part of me is happy with the way the squad has been 'cleansed' and the fresh air around Ewood these days AND a welcome realism. Another part of me looks at his team selections, his formations, his tactical nous...... and wonders.

In my opinion Bowyer has an eye for a player which has been demonstrated by some of his signings such as Cairney, Evans, Gestede, Conway and Marshall. My real concern is that he cannot shape a team, set them up tactically or effect a game with his changes. From that I think the role he had in youth development or scouting would be a better fit for his skill set.

Well done chaddy. Supporting your club through good times and bad is what supporters do. Sadly, now we have hit hard times we seem to have a number of fair weather fans who will disappear just has they did in the past only to return when the good times returned. It was amazing how many crawled out of the woodwork when Jack started pouring money into the club and yet when we were in the Third Division or struggling in the Second Division they were nowhere to be seen. History seems to be repeating itself which is no surprise. That's not to say you can't be critical of the club but at the end of the day you stick with it through thick and thin.

Well done chaddy. Supporting your club through good times and bad is what supporters do. Sadly, now we have hit hard times we seem to have a number of fair weather fans who will disappear just has they did in the past only to return when the good times returned. It was amazing how many crawled out of the woodwork when Jack started pouring money into the club and yet when we were in the Third Division or struggling in the Second Division they were nowhere to be seen. History seems to be repeating itself which is no surprise. That's not to say you can't be critical of the club but at the end of the day you stick with it through thick and thin.

Who is that post aimed at? Everyone who posts on this mb has seen some dire times and yet they have stuck around. Between chaddy, ES and yourself I can't help but think of:

see-hear-speak-no-evil.jpg

With all due respect.

"Stability"

I understand where people are coming from but I honestly don't think we have stability. I think we have status quo and that's not the same thing.

The way I see it we have a number of types of potential genuine stability.

1) Promotion to the PL

Glass half full. This will bring money into the club which will in all likelihood clear out debts. So, what does one year of PL income look like compared to the size of our debt. Must be getting close to break-even. Assuming Venkys are interested in BRFC, glass still half full, then this will pay off the debt and allow us to start again. However, likely relegation from the PL will mean a further season of instability albeit with some more parachute payments. An unlikely promotion and subsequent survival could be the only real hope for this stability.

However, this probably needs to happen before one years PL prize money turns into half of the debt. Surely even Venkys aren't stupid enough to keep pissing money away? In which case Bowyer doesn't have years to build over and over to get it right.

2) Relegation/Administration

Glass half empty.

A Pompey-style drop through the leagues until the debt is paid off, even at say 2p in the pound, and we may eventually find a new level that we can start again from. At that point it would be a strange sort of stability found only through sheer hard work and luck. If this is the stability we are going to achieve then we are a long way from rock bottom just yet, and will remain so for a long time once Venkys turn the taps off.

3) Rich New Owners

Glass overfloweth. La-la land. Why would anyone with wealth buy us - unless they were a fan of the club. We have a rich history but a paucity of fans.

4) Venkys genuinely are going to bankroll the club indefinitely.

Absolute mindless stupidity but if this is to become 'stability' they have to prove it. Because from where I sit, that box looks awfully deserted on match days.

It's just not credible to say we have achieved stability. We have achieved getting rid of the noisy and disruptive influences in the background but that is all that has really changed. How much credit Bowyer can really take for this, I'm not sure. Ironically, it could actually be the much maligned Shebby Singh who has brought it about. First helping Kean on his way, then with the alleged removal of Agnew and finally with he himself walking away.

Good post Stuart ! and yes we can definitely thank Shebby for some things, and he gave us my favourite quote from the time : -

' The training ground is like a holiday camp ! '

Something most of us probably suspected.

Archived