BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

some fans on here will only ever see the positives on here when there aren't really any, I have seen some bad times as a rovers supporter, I was a season tickey holder the season we went down in '99 and was there when we were tripe under brian kidd, getting beat off the likes of crewe at home and drawing against port vale but no matter what I wont return while the venkys are still here, they had their chance in the summer to bring in a proper manager and they failed yet again, bowyer is not the answer and he never will be

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done chaddy. Supporting your club through good times and bad is what supporters do. Sadly, now we have hit hard times we seem to have a number of fair weather fans who will disappear just has they did in the past only to return when the good times returned. It was amazing how many crawled out of the woodwork when Jack started pouring money into the club and yet when we were in the Third Division or struggling in the Second Division they were nowhere to be seen. History seems to be repeating itself which is no surprise. That's not to say you can't be critical of the club but at the end of the day you stick with it through thick and thin.

You make it sound like you are happier with less fans being there, because they are "better" fans Parson?

Theres an awful lot of fans around who were around pre-JW who arent attending because of the owners, not because they have crawled back into the woodwork (a Dan Clough type phrase there Parson).

I was there as a kid in the early 80's, and I'll be back again once the Raos ship-up or more likely ship-out. I'd watch Rovers in the conference if thats where we end up and the Raos are out. At this moment Im witholding my money to try to do my part to get rid of them as soon as possible, as thats the best way IMO to improve as a club. At present the "stability" people are claiming, is being built on shifting sands.

I don't buy into the concept bowyer has brought stability .

20 plus players out , 20 plus players in straight away points at being the opposite .

What has changed the mood is No Kean , no Singh and no Agnew , whilst 40 % of attending supporters are no longer attending and have washed their hands of Venky's stewardship .

Some supporters have no fight left after witnessing the demise of our club,

Some supporters use football as a pastime , regardless of results or manager , or ownership they don't beat themselves up about it and accept what will be will be .

Other supporters believe we are capable of reaching the premiership , despite the last 3 years,

The club is losing a fortune , has a suspect board and a ever dwindling crowd ,

Blackburn Rovers football club is far from being stable and to think

Otherwise is only blanking out the truth which we have all witnessed unfold in front of our own very eyes .

Likeable guy , is what Bowyer is , however he is no more qualified to manage the team than Steve Kean who stated this downward spiral

You make it sound like you are happier with less fans being there, because they are "better" fans Parson?

Theres an awful lot of fans around who were around pre-JW who arent attending because of the owners, not because they have crawled back into the woodwork (a Dan Clough type phrase there Parson).

I was there as a kid in the early 80's, and I'll be back again once the Raos ship-up or more likely ship-out. I'd watch Rovers in the conference if thats where we end up and the Raos are out. At this moment Im witholding my money to try to do my part to get rid of them as soon as possible, as thats the best way IMO to improve as a club. At present the "stability" people are claiming, is being built on shifting sands.

And are you going to pay the wage bill when we get rid of them? Perhaps the Trust or the Action Group will? Nobody wants then here but the reality, whether we like it or not, is that at the moment wages are being paid and until someone comes along to buy the club - and they didn't exactly rush to buy it from the Trust - we are stuck with the Rao family.

I make no apology for the term "crawled out of the woodwork" - look at the attendances in the late 1960s, the 1970s and the 1980s and then look how they increased once there was the hint of the Rovers becoming a powerful player in the top flight. The bottom line is you either support your club through good times and bad or you pick and chose when to support them. No fan is better than any other it's just that some continue supporting during tough times and others chose not to do so. Ultimately it's a personal choice but I see no reason for folk to give chaddy stick just because he continues to support the club no matter what or because he opts to be more optimistic than some. Like chaddy, I believe progress is being made - slowly admittedly - and like chaddy I look forward to next season just as I have done for the past 50 odd years of following the club and I make no apologies for that!

And are you going to pay the wage bill when we get rid of them? Perhaps the Trust or the Action Group will? Nobody wants then here but the reality, whether we like it or not, is that at the moment wages are being paid and until someone comes along to buy the club - and they didn't exactly rush to buy it from the Trust - we are stuck with the Rao family.

I make no apology for the term "crawled out of the woodwork" - look at the attendances in the late 1960s, the 1970s and the 1980s and then look how they increased once there was the hint of the Rovers becoming a powerful player in the top flight. The bottom line is you either support your club through good times and bad or you pick and chose when to support them. No fan is better than any other it's just that some continue supporting during tough times and others chose not to do so. Ultimately it's a personal choice but I see no reason for folk to give chaddy stick just because he continues to support the club no matter what or because he opts to be more optimistic than some. Like chaddy, I believe progress is being made - slowly admittedly - and like chaddy I look forward to next season just as I have done for the past 50 odd years of following the club and I make no apologies for that!

The Raos are just putting the wages into debt Parson not investing money into the club.

You choose to support the Raos in giving them your money and that is your choice, as you say its mine to not do that. I havent criticised you for that.

I think "out of the woodwork" is a bad phrase, definition below highlighting why I feel that. In effect marking those classified, as inferior, whether you intended it as such. Personally Im totally fed up of fans being touted as the problem (from either side of the argument) on here and more so in the media at present.

To come out of the woodwork also crawl out of the woodwork

to appear suddenly and unexpectedly.

Usage notes: usually said about someone who was not invited or wanted

Etymology: based on the idea of insects that suddenly come out from under boards in a house where they have been hidden

some fans on here will only ever see the positives on here when there aren't really any, I have seen some bad times as a rovers supporter, I was a season tickey holder the season we went down in '99 and was there when we were tripe under brian kidd, getting beat off the likes of crewe at home and drawing against port vale but no matter what I wont return while the venkys are still here, they had their chance in the summer to bring in a proper manager and they failed yet again, bowyer is not the answer and he never will be

Shame that. As far as I can see it (which isn't much admittedly) the Venkymob are doing now what they should have done when they first rolled up.

Shame that. As far as I can see it (which isn't much admittedly) the Venkymob are doing now what they should have done when they first rolled up.

Not quite, they should have used the revolving door

Well done chaddy. Supporting your club through good times and bad is what supporters do. Sadly, now we have hit hard times we seem to have a number of fair weather fans who will disappear just has they did in the past only to return when the good times returned. It was amazing how many crawled out of the woodwork when Jack started pouring money into the club and yet when we were in the Third Division or struggling in the Second Division they were nowhere to be seen. History seems to be repeating itself which is no surprise. That's not to say you can't be critical of the club but at the end of the day you stick with it through thick and thin.

thanks ParsonBlue for that comment.

I will always support Rovers and will be at Ewood Park and some away games whether its the good or bad times.

I just couldn't not go to a home game. haven't miss a league home game in 16 years plus and have no intention of missing one either in the future

yes I do. he is rebuilding a player squad and we have a strong 15/16 man squad for next season..just need 5 good signings to add to it I believe we will been top 10.

he has brought us much needed stability we was much overdue. need this before we can challenge for promotion.

5 good signings? That's half a team. How does that fit with having a strong 15/16 man squad.

Any man losing a home game to Burnley is going to need to have built up a massive amount of credit with the Blackburn public and produce outstanding results immediately afterwards to gain the respect of the Blackburn public ...................sadly Gary Bowyer and his team havent achieved this and how they thought they could ever achieve this with your very poor Luke Varneys in the team is damming in itself for team GB .

Any man losing a home game to Burnley is going to need to have built up a massive amount of credit with the Blackburn public and produce outstanding results immediately afterwards to gain the respect of the Blackburn public ...................sadly Gary Bowyer and his team havent achieved this and how they thought they could ever achieve this with your very poor Luke Varneys in the team is damming in itself for team GB .

I believe it may be time to change the record (or the medication..)

Either way, let's just start blaming the next guy already to get ahead of the curve.

I believe it may be time to change the record (or the medication..)

Either way, let's just start blaming the next guy already to get ahead of the curve.

On your bike fella if you dont understand football and dont follow Rovers may I suggest you keep out of it !

Arte and Labore

with skill and hard work

I could always feels that ethos under John Williams and it has returned under GB

That is the stability that has returned to the club

The players in /players out thing is for both financial reasons and building the team spirit that embodies the motto.

Just gotta hope the loons from pune don't do anything silly

so best not to give them any ammunition ^_^

Utter rubbish. Look at the history of these fixtures. Burnley win some, we win some. The fact that we have hardly played them for the past thirty odd years has given some a superiority complex. Clearly, you don't remember the excellent games in the sixties when Burnley and Rovers regularly beat each other. Perhaps Jack Marshall was a bad manager for actually allowing Burnley to do the "double" over the Rovers. I really despair of our fanbase at times.

what a load of utter crap. in football anybody can beat anybody. far too much is made of this 35 years record IMO. it was always going to end sometime.

Varney was decent today up front with Rhodes.

OMG Early Doors, we do not have stability, not as a club anyway.

We seem to be stuck in a vicious circle where people do not want the manager to leave because they don't want to have another managerial appointment. The idea that stability is derived purely from having the manager's seat with the same bum in it for as long as possible, is completely at odds with football generally.

The average manager lasts about 12 months. The longest service Championship manager has been in charge just 3 seasons.

Here are some examples:

Nigel Pearson (Leicester) - Appointed Nov 2011 (16/92)

Lee Clarke (Birmingham) - Appointed Jun 2012 (25/92)

Eddie Howe (Bournemouth) - Appointed Oct 2012 (28/92)

Sean Dyche (Burnley) - Appointed Oct 2012 (31/92)

Harry Redknapp (QPR) - Appointed Nov 2012 (34/92)

Mark Robbins (Huddersfield) - Appointed Feb 2013 (39/92)

Nigel Adkins (Reading) - Appointed Mar 2013 (46/92)

Brian McDermott (Leeds) - Appointed Apr 2013 (48/92)

Paul Dickov (Doncaster) - Appointed May 2013 (51/92)

Gary Bowyer (Rovers) - Appointed May 2013 (52/92)

Bowyer's stat is actually slightly artificial because he has been in charge since March 2013 which would have made him the 7th longest serving Championship manager. So he's had a good deal of time already by the league's standards.

Before anyone gets carried away saying, well, look at Dyche and Pearson, and what "stability" can do. Well, it's possibly a fair question but they have got their stays of executions through doing well in the first full seasons, and continue to perform very well - in Bumley's case, above anyone's wildest expectations (16k at Turf Moor for a top of the table clash in promotion season!).

Bowyer is still currently treading a fine line as far as I'm concerned. Had he won today, it would have been a pretty healthy return from his last 4 games but as it is, it's looking like midtable at best. Is that good enough?

(For comparison, David Moyes is the 50th longest serving manager in English football. So there are a heck of a lot of clubs who have jettisoned their managers since GB was installed. A year is a long time in football.)

If we really were a 'stable club' then we could afford to change our manager without the whole house of cards shelf falling down. I'm not so sure we can.

Back or sack is a very tough question at this stage.

what a load of utter crap. in football anybody can beat anybody. far too much is made of this 35 years record IMO. it was always going to end sometime.

Varney was decent today up front with Rhodes.

I must have missed Varney being 'decent'. We're you there by the way?

thanks ParsonBlue for that comment.

I will always support Rovers and will be at Ewood Park and some away games whether its the good or bad times.

I just couldn't not go to a home game. haven't miss a league home game in 16 years plus and have no intention of missing one either in the future

Does your dad or your grandad pay for your ticket Chadwick?

Archived