BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

What laurels. We haven't keaning got any !

Keith Hill at Rochdale. He's ambitious enough to come. He's worked a Dyche like miracle at Rochdale twice, plus his teams play pass and move football and score goals. Anybody with any sort of status in the game ( Malky Mc Kay etc ) will laugh at us.

Think you choose poorly Tyrone but whats the point of any decent manager coming when you cant bring your own players in.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult one re bowyer, think he's done a great job in terms of recruitment and setting some solid foundations (young team) however seems like he is tactically inept..

Who would people suggest as an alternative??

The one, who in the opinion of the interview panel, best satisfies the selection criteria.

The one, who in the opinion of the interview panel, best satisfies the selection criteria.

Stick with Bowyer then. @#/? interview panel? What on earth gives you the impression that a managerial search would be 1. Thorough 2. Productive 3. Carried out with the best interest of Blackburn rovers at heart?

There is no evidence that this will he appen whatsoever.

I'm so frustrated tonight because for quite some time I've had my doubts about bowyer as a manager. I've praised his good work in bringing the squad together and for the first time in 4 years actually giving me a proper club to support (on the surface at least), but ultimately we are desperate for a manager. The frustrating part is that Venkys, nor any of their advisors are capable of finding an adequate replacement. Every appointment to date (I would say excluding bowyer), has been an unprecedented disaster.

So what do we do? Hope that Bowyer can blend what is a fairly talented squad into a promotion chasing outfit, or do we risk letting those complete @#/? idiots have another crack? Ruined my club those morons.

What laurels. We haven't keaning got any !

Keith Hill at Rochdale. He's ambitious enough to come. He's worked a Dyche like miracle at Rochdale twice, plus his teams play pass and move football and score goals. Anybody with any sort of status in the game ( Malky Mc Kay etc ) will laugh at us.

Didn't Hill fail at this level with Barnsley?

Keith Hill is most definitely not the answer unless of course we want to remain a lower mid champ team. in which case we might as well stick. We know what's needed and it's been needed ever since these idiots turned up and potted Sam. A strong leader, an organiser, a bl##dy MANAGER !

its ok sacking a manager but can you get better???

that's the crucial question.

don't forget Venkys reputation is football is cr&p like Kamy has said.

we will end up with despardo manager like Coyle or McLeish. no thanks.

also if Venkys stay as owners what will the budget been? will they cut the budget again?

if Venkys sell, then its a diffrerent question. what will the new owners do? we simple do not know.

The question is can we get better than Bowyer??

No half decent mgr will come to us and we can't trust the loons to make a good decision so I agree we will have to stick..

They certainly will if you offer the right money, this is a great job for someone, brilliant facilities, club with great history,

and plenty of money being spent on player's wages, all set-up for somebody to become a HERO.

Oh and I nearly forgot, owners' 5,000 miles away, so nobody on your back, well apart from Lofty.

All it needs is the 2 new directors and Lofty to be honest, and suggest to the Rao's, that the only chance we have of getting promoted

back to the Prem, is to employ an experienced manager, who has promotion on his CV.

But will they ever listen ? and will anybody ever be honest ?

its ok sacking a manager but can you get better???

that's the crucial question.

don't forget Venkys reputation is football is cr&p like Kamy has said.

we will end up with despardo manager like Coyle or McLeish. no thanks.

also if Venkys stay as owners what will the budget been? will they cut the budget again?

if Venkys sell, then its a diffrerent question. what will the new owners do? we simple do not know.

Billy Davies or Simon Grayson for me. Bowyer has shown no signs of consistency, learning or the ability to grind out results.

Stability is still going backwards if the manager isn't getting the maximum from the team, or as much as someone else can. Bowyers had almost a full season and for me its clear that he wont take us up next season.

Problem is I think we all know how this is going to end and despite moaning I'd really hate to see Bowyer start getting flak at games. He'd end up bearing the frustration like others have and as much as he deserves questioning of tactics etc he's the very last person who should be hammered in that way.

Think our only hope is someone taking the whole or the majority* of the club off Venky's hands , hopefully someone that is not afraid to take the decisions both on and off the pitch needed to mount a serious push for promotion because there is nobody currently in place that could be trusted to make a sensible appointment . I can not see Venky's replacing Bowyer as he seems well liked by Desai

Billy Davies or Simon Grayson for me. Bowyer has shown no signs of consistency, learning or the ability to grind out results.

Stability is still going backwards if the manager isn't getting the maximum from the team, or as much as someone else can. Bowyers had almost a full season and for me its clear that he wont take us up next season.

fairplay to you naming your choices. I admire that roversfan99

would either work for Venkys? that a question.

didn't Shaw and Billy Davies fallout when Davies walkout on PNE for the Derby County job??? if so, this could be major problem.

not sure on Grayson tbh. not sure he would be better than Bowyer but we don't know.

I would keep Bowyer and judge him at the start of December time.

If Bowyer was to go which I wouldn't be in favour but he does go then he does.

my manager shortlist would be Alan Curbishley, Alex McLeish, Karl Robinson, Phil Parkinson and Brian McDermott(if sack by Leeds).

An experienced manager would take this current Rovers squad (minus the dross) to the Premiership

Harry Redknapp has a much better squad than we have and is having to settle for the play-offs. Our squad isn't promotion material at the moment.

Grayson has a good track record, his only minus point is that he's never actually got a club promoted. However he's got something about him.

Out of Robinson, Hill etc I'd prefer them to take a punt on Grayson.

Though ideally I'd like someone with experience if getting teams up. Mick McCarthy would have been a good fit when you look at what he's done at Ipswich who were dying on their arses when he went there.

Truth is until Bowyer is releived of his duties you dont know who is available.

Personally i'd be happy with Steve Clarke, Bob Di Matteo, Mackay. Warnock wants back in, and could get us promoted, but I dont like the guy, similar with Mick Mcarthy too. Laudrup if he was interested would be a decent shout too.

Didn't Hill fail at this level with Barnsley?

Saw an interview with him and Flitcroft before they faced each other in the Rochdale/Bury match t'other week. They talked about how in their first match in charge of Barnsley they just looked at each other in shock at how much better and quicker the football was in the Championship than in League 2. I was amazed at how amazed they were by this. You'd have thought they might have looked into it beforehand. Probably why they're back in League 2.

Saw an interview with him and Flitcroft before they faced each other in the Rochdale/Bury match t'other week. They talked about how in their first match in charge of Barnsley they just looked at each other in shock at how much better and quicker the football was in the Championship than in League 2. I was amazed at how amazed they were by this. You'd have thought they might have looked into it beforehand. Probably why they're back in League 2.

He had a 25 % win rate at Barnsley in 75 matches.

Very good at lower level though, Rochdale 2nd spell nearly 50%.

Who knows in a few years if we drop a league or two.

Truth is until Bowyer is releived of his duties you dont know who is available.

Personally i'd be happy with Steve Clarke, Bob Di Matteo, Mackay. Warnock wants back in, and could get us promoted, but I dont like the guy, similar with Mick Mcarthy too. Laudrup if he was interested would be a decent shout too.

Very much doubt that any of those would work for Venkys. their reputation is cr@p in the football world..

Slade a decent choice. Hill not for me.

I.would go Curbishley or Parkinson to replace GB If he is sack?

Also another crucial question is if venkys still here as owners will the budget be cut? Will Hanley have to sold? Does Rhodes need to be sold?

Plus the budget cuts that will happen will make it tough to get a new manager in

Stick with Bowyer then. @#/? interview panel? What on earth gives you the impression that a managerial search would be 1. Thorough 2. Productive 3. Carried out with the best interest of Blackburn rovers at heart?

There is no evidence that this will he appen whatsoever.

I'm so frustrated tonight because for quite some time I've had my doubts about bowyer as a manager. I've praised his good work in bringing the squad together and for the first time in 4 years actually giving me a proper club to support (on the surface at least), but ultimately we are desperate for a manager. The frustrating part is that Venkys, nor any of their advisors are capable of finding an adequate replacement. Every appointment to date (I would say excluding bowyer), has been an unprecedented disaster.

So what do we do? Hope that Bowyer can blend what is a fairly talented squad into a promotion chasing outfit, or do we risk letting those complete @#/? idiots have another crack? Ruined my club those morons.

I don't need an angry ant impersonator lecturing me on view I don't hold thanks so aim your frustration somewhere else. I have not had a good word to say for the Raos since they sacked Sam and certainly would not expect them either to set up a credible selection process nor to arrive at a good decision if they did.

As often on here you've ignored context. My post was my stock response to anyone asking "who do you think is better and is available?" (or words to that effect) and those who assert that no manager of any calibre would come here. We will never know because we never ask.

However, given that you share my opinion of the hapless Raos, do you also share my misgivings about sacking Bowyer? Owners who sacked Allardyce and appointed Kean, Berg and Appleton are going to make a further mess of it aren't they?

• Moderation Lead

Very much doubt that any of those would work for Venkys. their reputation is cr@p in the football world..

Slade a decent choice. Hill not me.

I.would go Curbishley or Parkinson to replace GB If he is sack?

Also another crucial question is if venkys still here as owners will the budget be cut? Will Hanley have to sold? Does Rhodes need to be sold?

We'll never know unless we ask!!

Archived