BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

And they wouldn't and that's why it's a pointless topic. I sometimes think the rest of you must live in some strange parallel universe where events of the last 3 years just haven't happened. Do I think Bowyer is the manager to take us forward. No I don't but the discussion of a sensible good appointment to follow him just makes no sense. It won't be sensible or good - it'll be more of the same, someone who won't rock the boat because the Raos know nowt about football and don't know who to ask or how to go about finding out. Every time you put forward a suggestion of a potential if flawed successor I just think and How would we even begin to approach him?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And they wouldn't and that's why it's a pointless topic. I sometimes think the rest of you must live in some strange parallel universe where events of the last 3 years just haven't happened.

The pro-Bowyer argument cites the fact that the last 3 years are behind us. Why can't this hold for the pro-change argument?

• Backroom

fairplay to you naming your choices. I admire that roversfan99

would either work for Venkys? that a question.

didn't Shaw and Billy Davies fallout when Davies walkout on PNE for the Derby County job??? if so, this could be major problem.

not sure on Grayson tbh. not sure he would be better than Bowyer but we don't know.

I would keep Bowyer and judge him at the start of December time.

If Bowyer was to go which I wouldn't be in favour but he does go then he does.

my manager shortlist would be Alan Curbishley, Alex McLeish, Karl Robinson, Phil Parkinson and Brian McDermott(if sack by Leeds).

So is McLeish a desperado or would you actually appoint him? Make your mind up on that one mate ;)

Only ones I'd have from that lot would be Curbs and Parky (keeping up the 'good guy Gaz' names).

The pro-Bowyer argument cites the fact that the last 3 years are behind us. Why can't this hold for the pro-change argument?

If anyone is saying that then the big flaw in their argument is that Venkys still own us. Those years can never be behind us while they remain.

For a start they will decide whether Boyer goes or stays and who succeeds him. Up the creek aren't we?

• Backroom

It's amusing seeing these credible names banded about. It happened when Allardyce left, it happened when Kean left, it happened when Berg left, it happened when Appleton left... and each time we were left scratching our heads wondering where each appointment came from. I'm positive that if/when Bowyer is relieved of his duties Venky's will give us another bizarre appointment. There's absolutely no reason to assume otherwise.

Considering their penchant for out of work baldies, if they remove Bowyer in the summer I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Brian McDermott installed as manager - doubt he'll last at Leeds past the season's end. I'd take him considering the alternatives but I doubt he'd get us any further forward than Bowyer.

It's amusing seeing these credible names banded about. It happened when Allardyce left, it happened when Kean left, it happened when Berg left, it happened when Appleton left... and each time we were left scratching our heads wondering where each appointment came from. I'm positive that if/when Bowyer is relieved of his duties Venky's will give us another bizarre cheap appointment. There's absolutely no reason to assume otherwise.

It is quite enjoying reading some comments regarding Bowyer, every game he uses the wrong tactics, wrong formation and subs wrong and at the wrong time. And to even think we could reach the playoff or anything above 12th under Bowyer is being in dreamland. Every manager mentioned is better and ANYONE would take us up at ease. But in the next sentence when talking about players we have a sh*t squad, we need a new keeper, rightback, centreback, replacement for Dunn and a leader on the pitch, a striker would also be good as Rhodes is sh*t.

Bowyer been in charge soon to be one season and we are just behind the playoffs, something we imo wont reach this year but i think we actually have a good squad bar some players needed. We need a centreback and maybe a permanent rightback to push on Henley, but from midfield and forward we are settled i think. Hasnt really clicked this year but with the injuries and all the new, and really young, players this season we need time. Six players that started yesterday wasnt here eight months ago, no one on the bench besides King was here. Cant think of any manager at this level that wouldnt need time to settle the team, and the mess that Bowyer took over meant he had to settle the whole club. Give him time

And 13 that didn't start. !!!!

Whatever they do to relax FFP we will still be embargoed because we are so far adrift. Couple with a £10m drop in income by parachute reductions and those that think a few additions will see us close next year are in fantasy land. We are still spewing cash and will certainly do so next year when the ne'er do wells all come back to the Club from their loans so quite how next year presents any level of optimism above the chance we have jus blown this year in a very sub standard division is difficult to comprehend.

This is as depressing as it gets from a look into the future because we look stuck in this league ,at best.

And 13 that didn't start. !!!!

That Bowyer did bring to Rovers ? On the finance bit that cant possibly be blamed on Bowyer and i cant forsee what will happen there but on the football side i think that Bowyer has done a good job. Some faults yes but in total a good first season with the circumstances that was/is Rovers

If anyone is saying that then the big flaw in their argument is that Venkys still own us. Those years can never be behind us while they remain.

For a start they will decide whether Boyer goes or stays and who succeeds him. Up the creek aren't we?

We are.

If the recent past is anything to go by, it shows us the Rao's have a crush on that Judan Ali fella. Just a though for those wanting a new manager.

So is McLeish a desperado or would you actually appoint him? Make your mind up on that one mate ;)

Only ones I'd have from that lot would be Curbs and Parky (keeping up the 'good guy Gaz' names).

I would have McLeish but defo not my choice. Has experience but its boring long ball defensive football which I wouldnt want to see.

my first choice would be Curbishley. would he take the job? Very much doubt it.

McDermott would be decent/goodish but dont think he would do any better than Bowyer has done.

Parkinson has done a excellent job at Bradford. maybe deserve a chance a Championship club???

We are.

If the recent past is anything to go by, it shows us the Rao's have a crush on that Judan Ali fella. Just a though for those wanting a new manager.

Surely as fans, if the manager isn't good enough we would want him changed wouldn't we Aggy? Then if that one isn't good enough, we would want him changed as well wouldn't we? There's an argument being made on here every day that we stick with someone for no other reason than fear of the next one. Is there no fight or pride in our fans any more?

Surely as fans, if the manager isn't good enough we would want him changed wouldn't we Aggy? Then if that one isn't good enough, we would want him changed as well wouldn't we? There's an argument being made on here every day that we stick with someone for no other reason than fear of the next one. Is there no fight or pride in our fans any more?

Just saying be careful what you wish for. It's more likely a change will take us backwards knowing the Rao's previous record in decision making.

How many times have we thought a decision from them has been the worst possible one they could have made?

Unless of course you think Shaw is the one pulling the strings and they will heed his advice.

Just saying be careful what you wish for. It's more likely a change will take us backwards knowing the Rao's previous record in decision making.

How many times have we thought a decision from them has been the worst possible one they could have made?

Unless of course you think Shaw is the one pulling the strings and they will heed his advice.

Of course we could get another poor manager Aggy. You have to keep looking to better yourself though, don't you? All I'm saying is, that if the current manager isn't good enough, then you change him. Blimey, at which other club would the fans want to stick with a manager who they thought wasn't good enough?

Jurdan Ali would suit them as a nice cost cutting exercise. Any decent player would head for the door rather than listen to someone who coaches under 12's or something. On the plus side matchday costs would be slashed as you'd genuinely only need to open the BBE lower for home fans. Their killing of the club would almost be complete.

• Moderation Lead

So basically, we're supposed to hope Bowyer turns out to be a good'un, and be thankful because we've got 'stability'? (which is arguable at best)

Ambition is clearly well and truly dead.

Of course we could get another poor manager Aggy. You have to keep looking to better yourself though, don't you? All I'm saying is, that if the current manager isn't good enough, then you change him. Blimey, at which other club would the fans want to stick with a manager who they thought wasn't good enough?

I sympathise Den, I really do but no other club has or has ever had owners as stupid as ours. What's happening is tragic but the fans who really worry me are the ones who tell us that the owners are improving and have learned their lesson.

So basically, we're supposed to hope Bowyer turns out to be a good'un, and be thankful because we've got 'stability'? (which is arguable at best)

Ambition is clearly well and truly dead.

No place for any ambition while Raos continue to own us, just a slow death.

• Backroom

No place for any ambition while Raos continue to own us, just a slow death.

This really is the bottom line. Sadly any talk about changing manager - rightly or wrongly - is at its core a failure to see the bigger picture. But with no sale in sight I suppose there isn't much else to discuss, and at least speaking about changing manager as if there could possibly be any real success under these owners allows people to hope for something.

Most clubs aren't owned by Venky's. Since when has anything they've ever done been to the betterment of the club? The club's infrastructure has been torn apart, the board-room dissolved and replaced on an ad hoc basis with a string unqualified, overpromoted individuals. That's the kind of set-up you're appealing to when you argue for change. Bowyer's the best manager they've ever hired, and that was a decision made by accident, not design. I understand and share fan's frustrations, because promotion is paramount and under Bowyer the club might well have hit the glass ceiling of mid-table 'stability'. Saying that, be careful what you wish for, lest we forget this club was League One bound last season under Shebby & Shagnew's chosen ones. As I said a little while ago, it all boils down to whether you have more confidence in Bowyer raising his game, or Venky's doing something they've never done before and recruiting a successful manager? It's a ridiculous scenario the club finds itself in, no doubt, but one we should be all too familiar with under the Punatics.

Most clubs aren't owned by Venky's. Since when has anything they've ever done been to the betterment of the club? The club's infrastructure has been torn apart, the board-room dissolved and replaced on an ad hoc basis with a string unqualified, overpromoted individuals. That's the kind of set-up you're appealing to when you argue for change. Bowyer's the best manager they've ever hired, and that was a decision made by accident, not design. I understand and share fan's frustrations, because promotion is paramount and under Bowyer the club might well have hit the glass ceiling of mid-table 'stability'. Saying that, be careful what you wish for, lest we forget this club was League One bound last season under Shebby & Shagnew's chosen ones. As I said a little while ago, it all boils down to whether you have more confidence in Bowyer raising his game, or Venky's doing something they've never done before and recruiting a successful manager? It's a ridiculous scenario the club finds itself in, no doubt, but one we should be all too familiar with under the Punatics.

Nobody need say anything else about this situation because you sum it up superbly. If you think that sacking a manager right now would be a positive step then you have the memory of a goldfish. If they did sack him, you'd have to hope for all things they have done so far to not be repeated. But go on - just keep shouting SACK....

Whilst your at it, Eddie the Eagle is 500/1 for the masters - stick a quid on that if you've got ambition.

A great analogy - If your car doesnt work, after changing the steering wheel 5 times - do you change the steering wheel again?

I love the posts saying "be careful what you wish for, we were heading for league 1 etc...."

Well, we're 18th out of 24 in the form table with 1 win in 8, I'd say that's relegation form. Also, are we much better off points tally wise? The league is poorer this season and will be far more difficult next season. We all said that this run in should be an indication of what to expect next term...

So... Be careful what you wish for.

• Moderation Lead

It's all a simple hypothetical anyway, as none of us are picking which manager the club employs.

It's obviously to a blind man on a galloping horse though, that Bowyer is not a proper manager, and if he's learning, well, it's not at any great pace is it?

Archived