BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

I wonder what those that keep preaching this stability mantra are going to say when the club falls off the cliff and into the abyss.

Seems to me that thats just about everybody on here albeit for varying reasons. Can somebody backstage not change the word 'stability' to 'Kean' or something? :unsure:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowyer's treading a fine line from now until the end of the season. We have only 1 victory in 8 and he desperately needs some wins. It's a good test of his management because a poor end to the season can often spill over to the next season, and we do not need a poor start to the next campaign. Poor results over the next few weeks and the rumblings for change will get louder.

Bowyer shouting to the players to hold their lines - when we were one down against Brighton the other night done waving his arm urging the players forward ignoring GB's touchline instructions....GB out his depth tacticlly..Stabilitity in the dressing room that didnt look like the case from where I sat above the half way line in the JW upper....

Bowyer shouting to the players to hold their lines - when we were one down against Brighton the other night done waving his arm urging the players forward ignoring GB's touchline instructions....GB out his depth tacticlly..Stabilitity in the dressing room that didnt look like the case from where I sat above the half way line in the JW upper....

GB is out of his depth tactically but the majority on here seem to know the answers - I am not having that for one second. Obviously more to it than that and the answer is we are mid table in the championship because that's the squad we have at this moment a mid table squad of triers, like it or lump it. Lot better than it was looking for us 12 months ago though

GB is out of his depth tactically but the majority on here seem to know the answers - I am not having that for one second. Obviously more to it than that and the answer is we are mid table in the championship because that's the squad we have at this moment a mid table squad of triers, like it or lump it. Lot better than it was looking for us 12 months ago though

I thought 12 months ago we were mid table

I thought 12 months ago we were mid table

Where did I say that? I said at the start of the season my prediction was a mid table finish this season. Its quite obvious 12 months ago we weren't mid table, a year ago this coming Saturday we slipped into the bottom three after defeat at Sheff Weds. So not sure what on earth your talking about?

Where did I say that? I said at the start of the season my prediction was a mid table finish this season. Its quite obvious 12 months ago we weren't mid table, a year ago this coming Saturday we slipped into the bottom three after defeat at Sheff Weds. So not sure what on earth your talking about?

yep should have been a bit clearer I was thinking final positions, we will probably be about the same at the end of the season on current form

Last season Kean, Black and Bowyer took 42 points from 25 games = 1.68 points per game

Bowyer himself took 19 points from 13 games = 1.46 points per game

This season, 53 points from 39 games = 1.36 points per game

Its a total myth that this season has been an improvement. The players have got worse and the manager has been exactly the same. The only reason we aren't in a relegation fight is no Berg/Appleton.

Last season Kean, Black and Bowyer took 42 points from 25 games = 1.68 points per game

Its a total myth that this season has been an improvement. The players have got worse and the manager has been exactly the same. The only reason we aren't in a relegation fight is no Berg/Appleton.

Close but I'd say boardroom infighting was a bigger interference. Which Bowyer hasn't had to suffer.

Interesting. I actually think though the players are better which in effect is an even greater indictment on Bowyers poor management.

Close but I'd say boardroom infighting was a bigger interference. Which Bowyer hasn't had to suffer.

Interesting. I actually think though the players are better which in effect is an even greater indictment on Bowyers poor management.

Both posts are really saying Bowyer has not improved the situation on the pitch, which is where it counts

Ahhhh, but the players are worth more now. That's real improvement.

• Backroom

Let's be clear... 'Stability' really means... Venkys have been quiet.

Absolutely had we had the exact same season but Shebby was popping up in the press calling Alan Myers Robbie and Venky Rao was on TV saying we will still win the league there would be no such talk.

It's been an average season - and that's kind of ok if we have the time to have those but lets not exaggerate the success of this season.

On the flip side if he really does have time to develop then it's been ok, very good in terms of player recruitment but poor in terms of tactics which is the niggling underlying worry - is that something that can be developed?

Recent weeks ?

We have no chance whilst the lunes from Pune are here.

They brainwashed everyone ( apart from us tremblers) into believing it was a promotion push . Anyone daft enough to believe otherwise I do actually pity.

My mind probably resembles opinion on this board in that I'm 50/50 on bowyer.. And have changed my mind umpteen times since the Leeds game earlier this year; but here's my view..

Positives

- assembled a young team

- strong team spirit we've not seen since allardyce team

- at times we can play some really good stuff, that we've not seen in a few years

- very good in the transfer window (Cairney / Gestede / Marshall / Evans / Conway / kilgallon / spurr)

Negatives

- not learning from mistakes ie Cairney out wide

- tactics during a game

One of the differences this year compared to last year is we've looked quite strong in the majority of games (at home at least)

Archived