BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

We have kept 13 clean sheets this season, 7th highest in the championship, so not sure how we are so poor defensively?

Brighton - 18

Qpr - 17

Boro - 16

Burnley - 15

Leicester - 14

Wigan- 14

Rovers - 13

Edit - Although in the last few games we have been, Overall throughout the season though not to bad.

We have conceded two or more goals in 16 league games. I haven't checked how this fares against others but it highlights a real inconsistency.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't one of the more regular posters putting a 'Bowyer performance table' (PWDL), at the end of every game? Have I missed the 'table of destiny' recently or has the poster stopped posting it? Think it startted after the Burnley game.

His roaming leaves our right flank exposed. I wish he would play evans and cairney as a two, king right, conway left with dunn in the hole.

Dunny is a bit part player these days as we all know so that wouldn't work two games running. Plus you haven't said who you would leave out up top. Both strikers (for completely different reasons) are now almost a must start.

Wasn't one of the more regular posters putting a 'Bowyer performance table' (PWDL), at the end of every game? Have I missed the 'table of destiny' recently or has the poster stopped posting it? Think it startted after the Burnley game.

I'll put it up when I'm home later, Doug. It was after the Bournemouth game, and is also known as the minus-Lowe table.

Still unbeaten without him. 2 wins, 4 draws IIRC.

I'll put it up when I'm home later, Doug. It was after the Bournemouth game, and is also known as the minus-Lowe table.

Apologies, thought it was a bowyer table.

I actually like Lowe so don't put the table up on my account!!

Yesterday made your table look much better. Before then 4 draws and the goals against rather suggested otherwise.

The real issue imo is that the constant target of your ire should have been the right back position. Criticising any player whilst teams targetted our Achilles heel area was a distraction from the real issue. Suffice to say that on yesterdays example Keane has strengthened that area up tremendously. We now have a very strong back 4 for this Division.

The only question that you need to ask youirself now is whether you prefer Lowe or Williamson in deep midfield. Personally I prefer the former.

Yesterday made your table look much better. Before then 4 draws and the goals against rather suggested otherwise.

The real issue imo is that the constant target of your ire should have been the right back position. Criticising any player whilst teams targetted our Achilles heel area was a distraction from the real issue. Suffice to say that on yesterdays example Keane has strengthened that area up tremendously. We now have a very strong back 4 for this Division.

The only question that you need to ask youirself now is whether you prefer Lowe or Williamson in deep midfield. Personally I prefer the former.

Absolutely unequivocally Williamson in centre midfield. Lowe is the better athlete (being 10 years Williamson's junior, he bloody well should be) but I have far more confidence in Williamson to play football - especially if we need someone to stick the boot in.

Doug, I was being tongue in cheek. The table was borne out of my loss of faith in Bowyer following the Burnley and Bournemouth defeats. However, the elephant in the room is that Lowe has been missing throughout that time. The result the only other time Lowe has been missing. Yep, another Rovers win.

Put Lowe at the problematic right back position, stick Cairney in the middle, and that's about 3 birds with one stone. But why let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

Anyway, here is the table:

Willowe05Apr14.jpg

But if it's a table without Lowe it's actually another 3 points to the good with a GD of +5. Extrapolated over a season it's a mid 80s points total.

You are right of course about RB being the achilles heel and that's where Lowe could and probably should play - which is strange for a supposed hater like me to say.

No way should he line up in as key a position as CM. He stifles all our attacks, cannot make the link between defence and attack and , for someone apparently so well versed in the defensive side of the game, does not tackle and is bypassed easily one on one.

Granted, Williamson is not as athletic, but, he's far better on the ball, appreciates space better, has an infinitely superior first touch and can take the ball on the half turn and pick a pass. Oh, and he can also most certainly tackle.

As much as there is the perception that Lowe gets a raw deal from the fans the same is true for Williamson. He's not great by any stretch and , in an ideal world, shouldn't start games but, in that position he is IMO far better than Lowe.

I'm judging after the Bournemouth game, unbeaten in 5, I'd back bowyer now. He needs a run with an injury free midfield. The alternative is a roll of the venkys dice before appointing another Appleton or worse.

But if it's a table without Lowe it's actually another 3 points to the good with a GD of +5. Extrapolated over a season it's a mid 80s points total.

You are right of course about RB being the achilles heel and that's where Lowe could and probably should play - which is strange for a supposed hater like me to say.

No way should he line up in as key a position as CM. He stifles all our attacks, cannot make the link between defence and attack and , for someone apparently so well versed in the defensive side of the game, does not tackle and is bypassed easily one on one.

Granted, Williamson is not as athletic, but, he's far better on the ball, appreciates space better, has an infinitely superior first touch and can take the ball on the half turn and pick a pass. Oh, and he can also most certainly tackle.

As much as there is the perception that Lowe gets a raw deal from the fans the same is true for Williamson. He's not great by any stretch and , in an ideal world, shouldn't start games but, in that position he is IMO far better than Lowe.

In paragraph two you state that Lowe is perhaps best suited at right back.

In paragraph three you claim that Lowe does not tackle and is easily bypassed one on one.

Sounds absolutely perfect for right back then!

In the haste to criticise Lowe, can posters please actually read what they are typing.

In paragraph two you state that Lowe is perhaps best suited at right back.

In paragraph three you claim that Lowe does not tackle and is easily bypassed one on one.

Sounds absolutely perfect for right back then!

In the haste to criticise Lowe, can posters please actually read what they are typing.

He's more exposed in the middle so it's more noticeable, he doesn't tackle in there because he's quite easily out thought and out manoeuvered. Playing full back he should always be facing play and the threat coming towards him making it easier to assess whether he should tackle and then actually making the tackle.

Sorry for the confusion, I'll be sure to proof read for you in future.

Archived