BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

All this pro Bowyer stuff reminds me of the earlier days in Kean's reign.

From the 'Rovers Fans' we had let's judge him at the end of the season (2010/11), let's give him another window (summer 2011), let's see where we are at Christmas (2011) etc.

Facts are that Bowyer will not suddenly wake-up as Mr Inspirational Charismatic Tactically Aware Bowyer.

I have said all along that I didn't think he could cut the mustard. I hope he proves me wrong but doubt he will.

So who is your choice?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see the glory hunting "sing when were winning" fans are out after 2 wins .

Blackpool lost and protested- maybe you would feel more at home on their forum?

...and look it's the return of "wee dougie's brother"

I'm not wasting my time quoting a proven troll, (with drug, alcohol and gambling issues) but the post about success or failure being black and white, sums up this posters lack of ability to look past the end of his own nose.

Let's be serious for a second. After 3 years of misery, this season has been inconsistent. Mixture of sublime and sub standard. If anyone (including desai) thought that following the chaos, we would have an instant turnaround - you would have been ignoring the facts.

Slowly but surely we get better, more and more of GBs signings start sticking their heads above the parapet. In the inconsistent vein of this season- we will likely lose Saturday, but we picked a good time to go unbeaten.

I say the same thing I've said for a while. Back the guy.

notice that Abbey didnt answer the question whether he enjoy the last 2 wins. maybe he didnt? maybe he did? who knows???

Mercerman, Bowyer is the right manager. fans last night were right behind him as manager. Venkys would have seen this and heard it aswell.

Venkys will give him another season and will recongise the great work Bowyer has done this season after the three seasons of turmoil and has bought stability to the club and playing staff

very good post Jbizzle. good points made.

Let's be serious for a second. After 3 years of misery, this season has been inconsistent. Mixture of sublime and sub standard. If anyone (including desai) thought that following the chaos, we would have an instant turnaround - you would have been ignoring the facts.

Slowly but surely we get better, more and more of GBs signings start sticking their heads above the parapet. In the inconsistent vein of this season- we will likely lose Saturday, but we picked a good time to go unbeaten.

I say the same thing I've said for a while. Back the guy.

I couldn't agree more. This season hasn't been perfect by any stretch of the imagination. We have been inconsistent but there are signs that the players are starting to bed in and the signs are promising for next season. We may well get beat at Sheffield but the bigger picture is looking at how the team is evolving for next season. To make a change now, just has we seem to be heading in the right direction would be madness.

• Backroom

Jbizzile I would appreciate it if you didn't insinuate our members have drug, alcohol and gambling issues what a disgusting thing to say

Oh here we are it's 'us v them' again

Blackpool lost and protested- maybe you would feel more at home on their forum?

...and look it's the return of "wee dougie's brother"

I'm not wasting my time quoting a proven troll, (with drug, alcohol and gambling issues) but the post about success or failure being black and white, sums up this posters lack of ability to look past the end of his own nose.

You're out of order jbizzle.

Abbey - JBizzle is referring to me.

We had this nonsense 6 months ago.

To put the record straight, as if I need to, I don't have any alcohol / drug / gambling issues and have never had.

With wretched individuals like JBizzle, it's little wonder that this site has lost many of its members.

No suprise really that our newly created squad look more organised and together as the season progresses. They are settling at the club and with each other.

I always hoped for and expected better results later in the season for the above reason. I also thought our hugely bloated squad would guarantee better results later in the year as others tired, lost interest, suffered suspension and injuries, or started coasting.

My hope was that we would be bang in contention as players settled, returned from injury and the squad improved. We are slightly off that pace.

My personal view is not affected by a couple of recent wins and improved performances as I expected that at this stage of the season. My view remains that Bowyer did not manage the squad at his disposal well enough much earlier and get the points needed to buy some time and give us a real chance now. We imagine it's only our club with issues, but the reality is all clubs have their internal and external dramas to deal with and with a free rein this year, the fact remains that Bowyer has had a comparatively expensive squad to use when compared to many others.

Things have settled, certain players have been good acquisitions, I like the emphasis on youth and a lot of rubbish has left. But Bowyer is well paid for his work lest we forget and that was a minimum requirement for the money paid to him.

Has he done enough to immediately entrust him with next season recognising the financial black hole we operate in and the requirement to get back on the PL gravy train? Not in my book and if it was my 20 million that was under threat next year I would be now seriously considering all available options, one of which would remain Bowyer in recognition of a steady away job done professionally.

I'd hoped we had unearthed a real gem with huge potential, hence being glad he was given the chance this year, coupled with a return to decency and a semblance of normality. But moving on, there is nothing normal or 'stable' about losing 2 million per month and this unsustainable business model remains key when considering all possibilities.

If it was my cash being waxed, I'd want a proven, hardened manager waxing it when gambling with the clubs future next time round. But that's just me.

You must be mistaken Mercer, the reason people are leaving the site is because of derogatory posts about the one of worst so-called owners ever to grace English football by people who can't just 'move on'. :rolleyes:

Don't rise to it though, pal.

All this pro Bowyer stuff reminds me of the earlier days in Kean's reign.

From the 'Rovers Fans' we had let's judge him at the end of the season (2010/11), let's give him another window (summer 2011), let's see where we are at Christmas (2011) etc.

Facts are that Bowyer will not suddenly wake-up as Mr Inspirational Charismatic Tactically Aware Bowyer.

I have said all along that I didn't think he could cut the mustard. I hope he proves me wrong but doubt he will.

Look, we've had 5 managers in the past 12-18 months. The last thing we need is another change - especially when it's not necessary.

No team wins every game - Chelsea and Man City lose. Look at the bigger picture and take a longer term view. Things are improving.

We have no Devine right to have a top manager. Bowyer will hopefully learn from his mistakes and continue with the team build that is going on. It is highly unlikely that we will make the play offs so let's get a head of steam up to start next year and as the singles have shown, this can lead to unexpected results.

Good signs that the team is finally gelling recently, maybe it's down to pressure being off a little or maybe the Burnley result and the retched effort from ALL concerned v Bournemouth has made the penny drop. Especially when you consider the crowd getting angry at that game has given them a much needed kick up the ass. As a seasoned critic of the Lowe/Williamson pairing have to say it was better last night but there was a slight difference as Williamson seemed to be operating a little further forward at times and it works better than when they sit (and I mean just sit) in front of the back 4. Qpr may have allowed us to do this but even in the past when it's been possible GB has had them sat back.

Abbey - JBizzle is referring to me.

We had this nonsense 6 months ago.

To put the record straight, as if I need to, I don't have any alcohol / drug / gambling issues and have never had.

With wretched individuals like JBizzle, it's little wonder that this site has lost many of its members.

I think posting fabricated transfer and boardroom rumours was one of the reasons for a down turn in traffic but more likely less members due to team losing fans.

Either way - your opinion of me matters little. What does matter is the FACT that you get off on winding people up. We all do it in wallks of life but the "Rhodes to Bolton" was ultimately the final straw.

The statement made in August stands, funnily enough it's black and white just how you like it;

Your either a troll or in need of help.

Good to see you posting again Mercerman.

Like reading complete @#/? do you? Daily mail reader by chance?

Bowyers had over a full season now, signed almost 20 players, reshaped squad to his liking.

It's simple, no excuses, are we good enough.

If promoted, yes cracking job, if not promoted, he's failed. Next man please.

It's black and white.

Bowyers had over a full season now, signed almost 20 players, reshaped squad to his liking.

It's simple, no excuses, are we good enough.

If promoted, yes cracking job, if not promoted, he's failed. Next man please.

It's black ands

should wee dougie be sacked then?

• Moderation Lead

A lot of people seem to be forgetting Mercerman's posts of days gone by, even if his posts above are remarkably reasonable by his standards!

A lot of short/selective memories if you ask me.....

notice that Abbey didnt answer the question whether he enjoy the last 2 wins. maybe he didnt? maybe he did? who knows???

Mercerman, Bowyer is the right manager. fans last night were right behind him as manager. Venkys would have seen this and heard it aswell.

Venkys will give him another season and will recongise the great work Bowyer has done this season after the three seasons of turmoil and has bought stability to the club and playing staff

very good post Jbizzle. good points made.

I've mentioned this to you before. You did not reply. Hopefully it sinks in this time.

Bowyer hadn't brought any 'stability' at all to the club other than by turning up everyday and not being potted. He has however brought a degree of common sense, professionalism and decency to the role he has been very well paid to perform in a managerial capacity.

Owners bring stability as they 'supposedly' decide business strategy and targets whilst making all key operational decisions on behalf of their operations. Any of this stability you constantly mention has come from them, their continued funding and subsequent lack of tinkering, not Bowyer putting his track suit on.

The strategy and ultimate goal this year was a 'push for promotion'. Hardly rocket science to understand the owners, money men and number crunchers behind the scenes would have been desperate to achieve this financial paradise after losing circa 40/50 mill in real terms since purchase, whilst squandering twice that in available budgets to do so. 50 million. An amount none of us can comprehend. Sounds like 50p if you say it fast enough.

Did Bowyer say he would get us up? Was the push for promotion basic marketing rhetoric? Do the owners like losing 2 million per month? Do they think it's sustainable and good practice? Would they have liked us to go up? Did they expect us to go up? Did they need us to go up?

There is nothing stable about losing 2 million per month. Nothing at all.

Has Bowyer earnt his juicy salary? Well he has clearly done the basics well, but ultimately it depends on the targets and goals he agreed to meet. Was he asked simply to stabilise the club? I don't think so as it would be hard to believe when we are losing so much money, the rewards for success are mouth watering, he was given the power to make 19 signings of his own and remove who he wanted.

Make no bones about it, Bowyer was given a very big job, but has been very well supported throughout. I like him a lot, he could stay for me in a number of roles, but this is Blackburn Rovers and we can attract the finished article, not keep hoping we land on a gem through constant over promotion.

Just seen your quote chaddy due to quote thingymagig .. How can I reply to you when your on ignore ?

Yes I enjoyed last night

No we won't go up

Yes I hate the vrnkyturds

not my problem that Abbey.

glad to see u being your usual positive self again there. haha.

I've mentioned this to you before. You did not reply. Hopefully it sinks in this time.

Bowyer hadn't brought any 'stability' at all to the club other than by turning up everyday and not being potted. He has however brought a degree of common sense, professionalism and decency to the role he has been very well paid to perform in a managerial capacity.

Owners bring stability as they 'supposedly' decide business strategy and targets whilst making all key operational decisions on behalf of their operations. Any of this stability you constantly mention has come from them, their continued funding and subsequent lack of tinkering, not Bowyer putting his track suit on.

The strategy and ultimate goal this year was a 'push for promotion'. Hardly rocket science to understand the owners, money men and number crunchers behind the scenes would have been desperate to achieve this financial paradise after losing circa 40/50 mill in real terms since purchase, whilst squandering twice that in available budgets to do so. 50 million. An amount none of us can comprehend. Sounds like 50p if you say it fast enough.

Did Bowyer say he would get us up? Was the push for promotion basic marketing rhetoric? Do the owners like losing 2 million per month? Do they think it's sustainable and good practice? Would they have liked us to go up? Did they expect us to go up? Did they need us to go up?

There is nothing stable about losing 2 million per month. Nothing at all.

Has Bowyer earnt his juicy salary? Well he has clearly done the basics well, but ultimately it depends on the targets and goals he agreed to meet. Was he asked simply to stabilise the club? I don't think so as it would be hard to believe when we are losing so much money, the rewards for success are mouth watering, he was given the power to make 19 signings of his own and remove who he wanted.

Make no bones about it, Bowyer was given a very big job, but has been very well supported throughout. I like him a lot, he could stay for me in a number of roles, but this is Blackburn Rovers and we can attract the finished article, not keep hoping we land on a gem through constant over promotion.

I would totally disagree in that I believe Bowyer has brought stability to the club this year. As for the "push for promotion" rhetoric I would think that is pretty standard at every club. It was telling that earlier in the season, I think it was Derek Shaw who talked about promotion with a budget. It certainly wasn't promotion at all costs or any cost. Indeed, cost cutting seemed every bit as important. Whatever money we are losing per month will not change with a change of manager. Only three teams are promoted and nobody can guarantee success. Last night we saw an experienced manager with an expensive squad and they have been blown away by Leicester and Burnley in terms of automatic promotion.

I come back to the point that Pearson made this week about Leicester's promotion being three years in the making. Bowyer has a strategy in terms of the transfer market and has brought in a number of players this season who will serve us well in the future.

Only the owners know the full extent of the financial situation and the future of the club will depend on them backing it no matter who the manager is. They haven't indicated they are going and the last time the club was for sale - well run, good staff, decent manager and players - they were hardly knocking the door down to buy it.

As Pearson said about Leicester, it takes time and the stability that comes with not changing the manager every five minutes.

Archived