BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

That horrible emotoinal state of apathy has kicked in

That fight against the machine for the last 3 years or so played out in the culmination of the last three games. The Venky's dividend to the fans

The enthusiasm has gone and my trip Huddersfield abandoned

There is only so much mental investement you can keep making.

The manner of the defeat on Wednesday was soul destroying.

I see no signs of progression with Bowyer unfortunately. He is neither a motivator or organiser.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have voted keep him but review at the end of the season. My belief is that our dip in form coincides with injuries to key players. Every club struggles when they have injuries to key players.

Ultimately, all managers are judged on results and if we plummet down the league and have a poor run from now until the end of the season then I may start to think differently.

GB has proved me wrong this season. I didn't really want him to be given the managers job on a permanent basis as it very rarely works giving a caretaker the managers job but he has done well. I also doubted him in his second stint as caretaker last season, particularly after we lost to Sheff W 3-2. Again, he proved me wrong and turned it around and kept us up. Doubts are being raised about him again now after losing 3 in a row, got a sneaky feeling he'll prove the doubters wrong today.

• Backroom

Take the stats at just the extremes and you get 5/8 who want Bowyer out with 3/8 wanting to keep him.

To me, that reflects the general opinion on here in that many at least want to see some change, but not enough to actually force change (hence why the middle 'review' option is so popular).

Love stats, me :)

I voted don't know because I genuinely don't. I can see that there may be advantages to getting rid sooner rather than later, but I also know that those who dream of Mackay are probably living in cloud cuckoo land. If venkys or whoever chooses our managers had made one good and totally correct decision about our club off their own bat I might say yes he should go, but we all know they haven't, so why think they would now. Sometimes better the devil you know really is the best option.

I voted don't know because I genuinely don't. I can see that there may be advantages to getting rid sooner rather than later, but I also know that those who dream of Mackay are probably living in cloud cuckoo land. If venkys or whoever chooses our managers had made one good and totally correct decision about our club off their own bat I might say yes he should go, but we all know they haven't, so why think they would now. Sometimes better the devil you know really is the best option.

Are you saying mediocrity is acceptable,

Shebby will be back to stamp that out

Mike, how do u 5/8 want Bowyer out???

People who have said that they would review Bowyer position aren't saying he should be sack but look at and review. that's all

We know what they mean, just can't bring themselves to say it in public

• Backroom

Mike, how do u 5/8 want Bowyer out???

People who have said that they would review Bowyer position aren't saying he should be sack but look at and review. that's all

I said I was looking at just the extreme options (sack or back). 26% and 13%. Just using those, it's roughly 5/8 sack and 3/8 back.

The 'review' option suggests they aren't happy with the current situation but are less trigger-happy. They are willing to back or sack depending how he does. That (to me) doesn't suggest fans in general absolutely want him to stay in the hotseat.

If you wanted, I could say a full quarter of fans want him sacked outright (in itself an awful stat) and only 13% want him to stay regardless. Again, an awful stat.

I said I was looking at just the extreme options (sack or back). 26% and 13%. Just using those, it's roughly 5/8 sack and 3/8 back.

The 'review' option suggests they aren't happy with the current situation but are less trigger-happy. They are willing to back or sack depending how he does. That (to me) doesn't suggest fans in general absolutely want him to stay in the hotseat.

If you wanted, I could say a full quarter of fans want him sacked outright (in itself an awful stat) and only 13% want him to stay regardless. Again, an awful stat.

If an option in the poll said

"If an experienced manager was available would you change"

you would get a completely different poll

• Moderation Lead

Chaddy, it isn't difficult, he should be doing better, and people are rightly hacked off, percentages or not.

He's raised his own expectations with his daft pre and post match comments. Your enthusiasm for the club is sometimes welcome, but it wouldn't kill you to take an objective view at times!!!!!

• Backroom

Chaddy's view is perfectly consistent with what he's been saying all season. A few on here could learn from sticking to their guns rather than jumping on bandwagons when popular opinion sways.

• Moderation Lead

Not sure what the popular opinion swaying is about, I've got two eyes and rely on those to make my decisions, things overall haven't been good enough.

I still think Bowyer is the right manager for Rovers IMO.

I think we have made progress this season.

we now have stability at the club finally that we wanted and if we do finish to top 10 this season I would be happy with this tbh.

Of course I wanted Promotion this season but after 3 years of turmoil before this season was going to be tough task even for an experience manager IMO.

IMO, we now have a good 15 or 16 man squad when everybody is fit and need 4 or 5 good signings in this summer.

I fully accepted that Bowyer has made some poor signings but I always expected him to do so. but on the plus side made some good/very good signings.

I fully respect fans who have different views but in the end we all want the best for Rovers.

If an option in the poll said

"If an experienced manager was available would you change"

you would get a completely different poll

No you wouldn't necessarily. There are experienced managers available. What you'd have to say is " if venkys would definitely employ an experienced manager likely to get more out of this squad, would you change?" Then yes you would. And mediocrity isn't acceptable but nor is submediocrity and we could just as easily get that.

Just to be clear I voted Yes, but review at the end of the season - That does not mean I want GB sacked at the end of the season I just would expect a decent board at a normal club to do that every season. As I have stated, if the club was to go on a bad run up to the end of the season and just stave off relegation - I would be swaying towards potentially seeing a change around.

Again though today proved the consistency we lack. Namely due to injuries. Sums up our season to lose two players first half. Much improved performance but it needs to carry on into the next game.

I honestly think that we would not be having the back, sack and crack debate if we had the luck with injuries the dingles have had. Only the second game we have won without Cairney all season. I know a lot of "objective" fans will likely be happy Lowe is injured, but if we lose Evans again (which is likely after a long term lay off) we will be left with Williamson. Apparently had a good game today though.

Archived