BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why no Watford thread? Watford v Rovers, 25th March, KO: 7.45

I honestly do not think Lowe is good enough for any team in this division, that's my opinion and the majority seem

to agree.

He's a passenger most of the time he plays, we may as well start with 10 men, this will be Bowyer's downfall, playing his favourites !

Runs around a lot can't pass, can't tackle.

It is very strange how such a limited player managed to get MOM awards earlier in the season. I think somebody should start a poll on Lowe - as I don't think the majority do agree.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

typical boring comment from you again. I don't have to justify myself to you at all.

also Watford have won the last 6 home games. so very good point.

Jal, why not play Cairney and Evans in centre midfield next season under Bowyer as manager

Neal taking rubbish again.

Because ive said Cairney is too weak out of possesion thats why Bowyer plays him out wide. We need another stronger central midfield man then you've got take off plus a full back aswell.

chaddy its past your bedtime now, shall I read you a story before I tuck you in? ok here goes

'once upon a time in a wonderful place called venkyland there lived a brave knight called sir bowyer, he was the brainiest and bestest looking man in the kingdom, all his soldiers, the blackburnroverites, cut down all their enemies with one blow, they couldn't do any wrong against the evil of champania....'

shall I go on??

typical boring comment from you again. I don't have to justify myself to you at all.

also Watford have won the last 6 home games. so very good point.

Jal, why not play Cairney and Evans in centre midfield next season under Bowyer as manager

Neal taking rubbish again.

The meds are due

I honestly do not think Lowe is good enough for any team in this division, that's my opinion and the majority seem to agree.

He's a passenger most of the time he plays, we may as well start with 10 men, this will be Bowyer's downfall, playing his favourites !

Are you sure that you mean Lowe? The self same description applies to Jordan Rhodes?

• Backroom

Chaddy, I'm a glass-half-full person. But to be frank, your unwavering desire to shout down 'negative' posts is getting as irritating as JALs desire to to write off all players in our academy.

As Tom said, let others' opinions be. Just post what you want and don't take it personally when someone disagrees.

It's not tonight that has damaged our season. It appears we at least showed some balls. We are where we are because of games like Charlton, Huddersfield, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham, Derby and Leicester all at home where in most of them Bowyers negative tactics and team selections have cost us lots of points. There are several away games too but I really can't be arsed going through them. With Bowyer in charge we are going to tread water and in twelve months time we will be saying the same things, of that I am sure.

chaddy its past your bedtime now, shall I read you a story before I tuck you in? ok here goes

'once upon a time in a wonderful place called venkyland there lived a brave knight called sir bowyer, he was the brainiest and bestest looking man in the kingdom, all his soldiers, the blackburnroverites, cut down all their enemies with one blow, they couldn't do any wrong against the evil of champania....'

shall I go on??

Yes please.

I hope there's gonna be a princess.

shall I go on??

Meanwhile the happy clapping stableites all pulled their Rodgers at a photo of mrs D sexy arse...they frolicked and blew smoke up Agnew number two on twitter ... Meanwhile

You can tell this bloke stands there and grades his players performances rather than managing his team. Bloke is a coach and a decent one but a football manager? No, never, ever. We're going backwards, we're not progressing like people say. I'm fed up with people coming out with this positive drivel based on absolutely nothing. We're a pushover team, with no spine, wet lettuce, with no identity.

You know what? The only people who have brought stability to this club this season are Venkys. It's been their decision to let him have a crack of the whip and he's failed miserably. Gaz hasn't brought any sort of stability at all, he's just been allowed to do a less than mediocre job without question. This means in no way am I giving our owners any praise but just pointing out to those so eager to keep playing the "he's brought stability card" a wake up call. Open your eyes, you're talking absolute boll*cks.

Many supporters, myself included, believe Gary has done a pretty decent job this season. When it comes to talking "boll*cks" - well you should know. The witchhunt which seems to be talking place on this messageboard becomes increasingly distasteful by the day. It seems some fans are obsessed more with wanting a guy to lose his job than supporting the club.

Many supporters, myself included, believe Gary has done a pretty decent job this season. When it comes to talking "boll*cks" - well you should know. The witchhunt which seems to be talking place on this messageboard becomes increasingly distasteful by the day. It seems some fans are obsessed more with wanting a guy to lose his job than supporting the club.

+1

• Moderation Lead

Au contraire.

Everyone wants him to do better, and get frustrated when he keeps making the same mistakes. If he does get canned, he need only look back on how many points poor decisions have cost us (subs or lack of/tactics).

It is very strange how such a limited player managed to get MOM awards earlier in the season. I think somebody should start a poll on Lowe - as I don't think the majority do agree.

It depends which person is judging the MOM award really, because their view means no more than mine or any other fan,

and he could be a mate of his or the manager.

A poll would be a good idea though !

Fans have supported the club tho and can see if we had a real manager not a coach them at least playoff football would be in touching distance .

There isn't a chance of promotion and I said that on here from the moment cheap tickets were announced for prem football ... No way would the VENKYSCUM would sanction that .

Ah, you mean the critically acclaimed Peter Jackson man of the match.

A friend of mine once went corporate at a home game 2003ish and was part of the MoM panel. Yorke and Cole had both scored so they wanted to give it to either but were told 'Yorke has gone and Cole doesn't like meeting fans, give it to Nissa he needs the confidence'

• Backroom

Tell you what that's a stunning header from a Rudy

And from a relatively direct 'punt'

We should be going direct more often, Robbo can hit the penalty spot everytime let him do it and get Rudy on it

Incidentally Dunn and Conway score along with a striker, would people say tonight's starting line up is nearly there in terms of shape or did it hamper Rhodes too much?

Since our lowest point of the season we have played 3 - won 1 and drawn 2, I'm happy to see that as progress and hope its continues and we hit the ground running next season

One match out of 46 is not a sufficiently large sample size.

We still have a squad padded out with crap, we still lack solid players in key positions and we still have a manager who is tactically inept.

So I don't think any significant progress has been made.

Will be interesting to see if administration occurs on Thurs.

Ok - brought in this season - Conway, Spurr, Killgallon, Cairney, Evans, Marshall, Gestede - to me more than "solid" players. Add to this - Robinson, Hanley, Rhodes, King, Lowe, Dunn - and we have the makings of more than a "solid" team in most positions (when everyone is fit). Bowyer has brought in some average signings I admit - but when he has got it right - boy has he got it right with players like Cairney, Evans etc. etc.

It may be strange - but outside football manager - not many managers get their tactics right all the time. This season Bowyer has been as inconsistent as the players in his tactics - last two matches he got it right - against Burnley he initially got it right - but struggled to adjust (though timing of the goal had a lot to do with that). I admit he has struggled to adjust his tactics at times this season - but what his detractors never give him credit for - if the opposition are changing their tactics - he must have got our tactics right in the first place !

If you take away the very lucky start we had to last season - where the football was awful but we somehow got the points - this season has been a major revelation.

BTW - I will agree that one match isnt a good sample size - but it is usually the number of matches we need to lose before people call for Bowyers head - so thought if it is good enough for them !

Au contraire.

Everyone wants him to do better, and get frustrated when he keeps making the same mistakes. If he does get canned, he need only look back on how many points poor decisions have cost us (subs or lack of/tactics).

Hmm - speaking for everyone now are we?

Still waiting for those 3 names...

Ah, you mean the critically acclaimed Peter Jackson man of the match.

A friend of mine once went corporate at a home game 2003ish and was part of the MoM panel. Yorke and Cole had both scored so they wanted to give it to either but were told 'Yorke has gone and Cole doesn't like meeting fans, give it to Nissa he needs the confidence'

That may or may not be true - and I must admit I am sometimes mystified by the choices - but rarely are they give to players who play badly !

On the train home. Six goal thriller doesnt really do it justice. Two very average teams.

Our one and only game plan ALL night was to hit It long to Rudy. To be fair to the lad he won 90% of these but it did absolutely bugger all. I cannot believe that Bowyer didn't look to change things up at all. We took until the 90th minute and going 3-2 down to make our first sub. It was beyond ridiculous.

Couple of other observations:

- I had almost as many touches as Rhodes and I was up in row p. When he did get a touch he was absolutely terrible with it. It's not an exaggeration to say we played with 10 men tonight.

- I still have zero faith in Kane. Watford exploited him a lot tonight - just as teams have done to he and Henley all season. A new RB should be top of our priority list along with some pace out wide.

- Conway had another great game. Spurr was decent.

- Kilgallon and Keane barely communicated all night. It was no surprise that we shipped 3.

All in all relieved to get a point. It could have been 3 but a draw was probably a fair result. I come away thinking even more that Bowyer isn't the man if we have aspirations of promotion next season. He persistently gets out thought and tactically just does not cut the mustard.

yes its been a good season, but if you are measuring a good season by midtable, then surely that's what most rovers fans can expect for the foreseeable future, if you are judging this season by getting into the play-offs (and most fans are) then surely its been an average/poor season

Same applies to the ludicrous comments about Jason Lowe.

Parson, I find it difficult to disagree with you because I think you are probably much, much better informed than me in all things Rover-related. However, I do disagree about Bowyer. I also disagree with the latter part of your post. I don't remember (sorry if I'm wrong) you or anyone else coming out with statements like this about Steve Kean. The situation was different then, of course, but it might still have seemed like Rovers fans were more interested in 'wanting a guy to lose his job than supporting the club'. That wasn't the case then and I don't believe it is the case now.

I, like many other Rovers, desperately want the club to do well. Not believing in the current manager, whoever he is, doesn't mean that love for the club is any less. For me, personally, the use of his first name grates a little - but that's up to you to use or not. I just don't share your enthusiasm about Bowyer or his time in charge. I think it is okay for people to feel, and to say, that he is doing a bad job, and for others to feel differently. It all depends on perspective and some 'unknowns' re finance and our future as a club. I still think this season has been a missed opportunity and I do think the manager carries responsibility for that due to his selections, tactics and decisions.

Archived