BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn - Burnley Banter Page (Facebook)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only assume Tom you were reading selectively, I assure you both 'sides' demonstrated an alarming number of loud mouthed cretins!

To demonstrate I could dig out those genuinely obnoxious tweets by a 'rovers fan' about how Danny Ings was s******g that s**s on his profile picture (the second word is missing a p and a). No I'm afraid there are horrible, moronic, sad individuals on both sides but as between the 2 side we are averaging around 25000 home fans a week is it really representative of either support. It isn't in my experience. That said the safety of the ether does seen to bring out the genuine worst in normally decent people.

Well I did only stay on it only for a couple of days before withdrawing myself. It did seem that for every Rovers idiot there were 4 Burnley, maybe something to do with success drawing them out. Don't mind some stick at all as we've been giving it for years but some of the delusion on there, man it's something else. True though that if most of these came across the other in the street they wouldn't say boo to each other, bloody interweb :)

Most of Stoops - and most of Mill Hill as well!

The retainer idea is simply bizarre. The new season ticket price will mean match day prices of around£40.00 - there is likely to be plenty of opportunities to point out our poor attendances next season!

Mill Hill is a veritable pleasure complex compared to most of Bunla. Don't you dare speak ill of Blackburn again!

Burnley is the most enterprising town in England I'll have you know! What's more it has a Premier League Football Club ^_^

Describing the hotbed of "10am 40 quid nosh soliciting" as "the most enterprising town" is a little steep..

Maybe not (even though it is simply a re badged Division 1 with more money) Abbey - but we definitely do have a premier league football club. Only North West town team in there mate, flying the flag and all that.

Not my call Jbizzle - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-23849081

It's probably because you can get the same service in Blackburn for only a fiver or something

Aye JB - Blackburn With Darwen score so much better than Burnley (by the way I don't think we are 7th, the lists are not clear but 11th seems to be the score on the door). It's like 2 bald men arguing over a comb :-)

And stop fantasising about Dyche - Be surprised to see him go anywhere until he's had some time in the Prem, hopefully a full season at least. I certainly don't see him stepping down a league at this point. Of course it depends who comes up and what managerial changes occur elsewhere because I could imagine a QPR type being interested & I can't see Harry being there much longer, regardless of the play off final.

The two bald guys arguing over a comb suits that perfectly, and I will be using that phrase for sometime to come!

I do think that the house of cards is held up by Dyche though. Like it or not, he is possibly the most promising manager around currently. He will be in demand and a strong showing up top will only hasten that.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/boxing/amir-khan-warns-floyd-mayweather-7111621#.U3ICz-Xgnhg.twitter

Nice quote here also!

Maybe not (even though it is simply a re badged Division 1 with more money) Abbey - but we definitely do have a premier league football club. Only North West town team in there mate, flying the flag and all that.

Not my call Jbizzle - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-23849081

It's probably because you can get the same service in Blackburn for only a fiver or something

come back n gloat when you achieve what we have done in the last 20 years . Marker set.

Well winning the PL seems unlikely in the extreme don't you think - it was tough enough for you with Jacks money and no other billionaire owners to compete with so for us it isn't even a pipedream..

No I'll settle for having dragged ourselves from the very bottom of league football to the highest league under our own steam, no sugar daddy finance to help us compete at a level beyond our self generated financial means.

And on Khan - haha, we only cared when Coyle was there, Bolton have once more become almost as irrelevant to us as Stockport.

Dyche isn't that good - he wasn't even the best manager in the Championship last season! On a more serious note, his going is inevitable if he continues in his current vein - the only question is when not if really.

• Moderation Lead

Now now, Longsiders, don't be like a lot of your mob with the chip on your shoulder when it comes to us!

As has probably been mentioned before, I'm sure you'd have been gutted if Barry Kilby had been a steel magnate and decided to do the same with your club.....

Purely a temporary situation. Normal service will be resumed in less than a year.

Well winning the PL seems unlikely in the extreme don't you think - it was tough enough for you with Jacks money and no other billionaire owners to compete with so for us it isn't even a pipedream..

No I'll settle for having dragged ourselves from the very bottom of league football to the highest league under our own steam, no sugar daddy finance to help us compete at a level beyond our self generated financial means.

And on Khan - haha, we only cared when Coyle was there, Bolton have once more become almost as irrelevant to us as Stockport.

Dyche isn't that good - he wasn't even the best manager in the Championship last season! On a more serious note, his going is inevitable if he continues in his current vein - the only question is when not if really.

Of course Dyche was the best manager in the championship last season. On the money he had to spend and the poor gates you get which generate income I would say he was an absolute magician and when he has gone to a bigger club you will realise this fact.

And from a fan posting in the telegraph:

£855 for me and a 6 year old to watch Burnley in the James Hargreaves stand

I can afford it but wont pay it on principle.

Total rip off, that's a future supporter lost. It would be cheaper to catch the bus to Manchester and see the league champions.

Our Town Their club and Our money they want !!! After a fantastic season they have gone for a 50% price hike, talk about a bitter taste they have left.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/11208639.Clarets_put_season_tickets_back_on_sale___with_a_rise_of_up_to_50_per_cent/?ref=mrs

What a poor, poor, soulless desperate money grabbing football club. The spirit of "Butcher" Bob lives on it seems.

Someone said the last time they went up it was the worst thing that could ever happen due to ripping off the fans. Some of the money the club made went missing and they lost a number of fans due to pricing.

This time they've hit the fans again and I know plenty that won't be going due to the price of season tickets.

It's another own goal in terms of pricing, the clubs run by greedy @#/?s and it'll hurt them longer term no doubt about that. But I'd rather have greedy locals running my club than deluded idiots from Pune.

Someone said the last time they went up it was the worst thing that could ever happen due to ripping off the fans. Some of the money the club made went missing and they lost a number of fans due to pricing.

This time they've hit the fans again and I know plenty that won't be going due to the price of season tickets.

It's another own goal in terms of pricing, the clubs run by greedy @#/?s and it'll hurt them longer term no doubt about that. But I'd rather have greedy locals running my club than deluded idiots from Pune.

Surely suspicions were raised over there when Flood got voted back on the board when promotion was looking a cert. A man who left not long after the last relegation then went almost bust and now reappears when the next gravy train is just outside the station. Rather strange.

Of course Dyche was the best manager in the championship last season. On the money he had to spend and the poor gates you get which generate income I would say he was an absolute magician and when he has gone to a bigger club you will realise this fact.

It was tongue in cheek as they gave the award to Pearson

Blimey! What a really awful choice.

A bit like that old joke about two explorers in the jungle, Carruthers and Scott, who stumble into sacred burial grounds. They get captured by natives and have to choose between two punishments-death or "Bongo".

Carruthers chooses "Bongo", only to suffer a very degrading experience at the hands of every man in the tribe. Scott, seeing the awfulness of "Bongo", chooses death, only for the chief to pronounce "Death by Bongo!!!"

Archived