BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn - Burnley Banter Page (Facebook)

No I'll settle for having dragged ourselves from the very bottom of league football to the highest league under our own steam, no sugar daddy finance to help us compete at a level beyond our self generated financial means.

The difference being we went on to compete at the top end of the table umpteen times and a few ventures into Europe - for nearly 20 years. Anything about 15th for you will be a minor miracle...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I'll settle for having dragged ourselves from the very bottom of league football to the highest league under our own steam, no sugar daddy finance to help us compete at a level beyond our self generated financial means.

What the hell was Kilby if he wasn't a sugar daddy? He ploughed millions into the club or you'd not be here today.

So this 'dragged ourselves from the very bottom under our own steam' is simply Keanox.

What the hell was Kilby if he wasn't a sugar daddy? He ploughed millions into the club or you'd not be here today.

So this 'dragged ourselves from the very bottom under our own steam' is simply Keanox.

Such is the deluded view of a b***ley fan I'm afraid

The difference being we went on to compete at the top end of the table umpteen times and a few ventures into Europe - for nearly 20 years. Anything about 15th for you will be a minor miracle...

They had butcher Bob also the supposed team of the 70's which ended up competing with Rovers in the 2nd & 3rd divs. Then in the 80's whilst a potless Rovers managed to bobble away in the second division Burnley managed to scuttle down to the 4th div and go within 90 mins of dropping out of the league altogether. You know what, they did all that by themselves, no Cowboys an NO Indians to help any demise, some achievement :)

Like I say, all under our own steam - down and up. Under Bob the club made a profit each season so not sure how he 'bankrolled us' and Kilby's total worth is around 1/10 of the amount Jack poured in so hardly comparable really.

Oh and Andy Neil, anything above relegation will be a minor miracle, then again avoiding relegation this season was some thing of a surprise, automatic promotion was a major miracle.

Like I say, all under our own steam - down and up. Under Bob the club made a profit each season so not sure how he 'bankrolled us' and Kilby's total worth is around 1/10 of the amount Jack poured in so hardly comparable really.

Oh and Andy Neil, anything above relegation will be a minor miracle, then again avoiding relegation this season was some thing of a surprise, automatic promotion was a major miracle.

You should start taking your signature on board

Doesn't matter how much he's worth he still pumped millions into the club, for some reason your lot deny it even happening which frankly is typical of the burnley fan mentality.

Bolton fans are the same with Davies, just because they never gave managers millions to spend on marque signings doesn't mean they never bankrolled the club.

Both are sugar daddies.

Ffs .. If you pay ONE player with pennies or a few pints on Sunday dinner then your trying to buy success . I'm @#/? off at people and dingles saying we bought success . It's no different than what any club does . Of course they bank rolled you . Have you (yes or no?) bought your way out of this league . Remembering any one that gets paid has had there services bought . Any player worth more than a penny is buying success .

All debts were repaid on the last promotion and BK has spent maybe 5 million over 14/15 years - Jack wrote of well over 100 million in 2 years.

And Yoda - I do, I am the one. That said everybody in football, except Rovers fans, interprets what Jack did in the same way, talk about fans not being willing to admit what happened.

Different interpretations Abbey - are you spending money you generate yourselves or is it money that allows you to spend way beyond your means - that is how most fans measure 'buying' success.

• Moderation Lead

Man United spent more than us that season, and then when Cantona got banned for his kung-fu kick, they broke the British transfer record to sign Andy Cole.

This is after spending their way out of the abyss in the early 90s as well to start winning trophies!

Funny how those facts are conveniently overlooked by all, and Rovers just bought the league. The truth is stranger than fiction.

Just so Burnley fans won't give Rovers any credit for being the best team in the country 19 years ago.

Or, the smaller clubs can just sit back, and never hope to challenger the top teams, and let United and Liverpool win the league every season. Sign me up....

Such is the deluded view of a b***ley fan I'm afraid

When I worked with lots of loyal Burnley fans, this issue came up a lot. They had a firm, "group think" construct...Basically "Fat Jack" ruined football by his spending. Rovers might have been the beneficiaries, but football as a whole lost. "Jack started the trend"...his and our fault etc.

I used to explore this and I took no little delight in challenging a selective history of football that began with the Premier League. They conveniently forgot the money that Liverpool etc spent on the likes of Peter Beardsley- £1.9 million as early as 1987, Ian Rush- £2.8 million in 1988 ,Dean Saunders-just under £3 million in 1991, Phil Babb £3.5 million in 1994. Utd spent 1.5 million on Robson and Wilkins in the early 80's FFS...

.Anyway, I am afraid that it probably says loads about me that I bothered to research this stuff, just to have it ready for the next time it came up. Now who is small minded?

All debts were repaid on the last promotion and BK has spent maybe 5 million over 14/15 years - Jack wrote of well over 100 million in 2 years.

And Yoda - I do, I am the one. That said everybody in football, except Rovers fans, interprets what Jack did in the same way, talk about fans not being willing to admit what happened.

Different interpretations Abbey - are you spending money you generate yourselves or is it money that allows you to spend way beyond your means - that is how most fans measure 'buying' success.

Ah but if you hadn't gone up it's likely he would have put a bit more in, then if you'd failed again he wouldn't be able to get it back would he unless he put them in admin or something. So he'd probably have had to write it off somehow. He may have kept the wolves from the door to keep you a stable championship club so that all equals benefactor. Pickering I think it was at Derby & Hayward at Wolves were sugar daddys just not as rich or wise as our Jack.

[quote name="

Utter dingle delusion . Doesn't matter if it's a penny or a millions you spend . You are spending. Spending equals buying .

One more question longers . You will be getting a wedge of wonga . Will burnley be trying to buy premier survival ? If they spend a penny in wages then yes you will , just as every club does.

I really don't care what anyone thinks about Jacks involvement in the club and certainly not burnley fans take on things. What happened during those glory years will live with me forever and those deluded idiots down the M65 will never emulate that success or what i/we experienced during that 20yrs.

Kilby was a sugar daddy, he pumped millions into the club, doesn't matter if they paid it back by ragging promotion under Coyle, he still pumped it in.

That's what a sugar daddy does, live with it.

That said everybody in football, except Rovers fans, interprets what Jack did in the same way, talk about fans not being willing to admit what happened.

......... and your sig

'even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth' - Ghandi

Any comments Longers?

How much are Manu, Chelski and City in debt for ?

regarding the "one" get off the cross, we need the wood

Archived