BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

No it's not Athlete. You can't walk into a social club if you're not a member, citing that you weren't there when the rules were made.

FFP is a joke and only suits the bigger clubs if it had of existed 20 years ago we wouldn't have done what we did..

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing about FFP for me that shows its true intention is that clubs are "allowed" to make a loss up to a certain amount, but no one is allowed to cover that debt or put money into the club without repercussions.

How in any way shape or form is that beneficial to the longevity of clubs?

If they want to deal with this then they need to stop clubs like QPR bypassing the rules by only allowing transfers if a club shows it is capable of signing that player and staying within FFP, to take action retrospectively is futile.

The problem with The current situation is far more regarding leveraged buyouts and clubs getting further and further into debt, and that the big clubs dont want any newcomers spending big and cutting off their income streams.

Personally couldn't care less whether QPR get their fine overturned, as at present with our set-up from Owners to players we aint going anywhere bar slowly backwards.

No it's not Athlete. You can't walk into a social club if you're not a member, citing that you weren't there when the rules were made.

Yes but the situation is completely different. You have a choice as to whether or not to walk into a Social Club and abide by its' rules. You can't opt out of playing in the Championship if you're relegated it's compulsory.

Now I completely agree that if QPR voted in favour of the FFP rules before they were introduced that defeats their argument. If they were brought in and QPR either weren't in the Division at the time or voted against, why should they be bound by them?

I don't think they should go completely unpunished, if all the other clubs are trying to keep within the rules and therefore can't compete for certain players with one that breaks the rules with impunity then that's not right.

However the rule clearly needs changing so that owners can inject as much capital into their clubs as they like and after that they're only allowed to run up a certain amount of debt.

Not have total income restricted by turnover.

LET trying to bolster season ticket sales by inducing some hope? Never before have I dreaded an upcoming season like the one I fear is in store for us next season.

This whole FFP and it's apparent inconsistency just adds weight to my feelings we are hated by the FA. Even down to reffin. No one likes us everyone hates us and I do care.

Do we know when we are likely to announce who is being retained at the club with new contracts? Everything seems to have gone quiet. I remember GB saying Killa was all set to re-sign about 6 weeks ago but I may have missed that being confirmed!?!

Yes but the situation is completely different. You have a choice as to whether or not to walk into a Social Club and abide by its' rules. You can't opt out of playing in the Championship if you're relegated it's compulsory.

Now I completely agree that if QPR voted in favour of the FFP rules before they were introduced that defeats their argument. If they were brought in and QPR either weren't in the Division at the time or voted against, why should they be bound by them?

I don't think they should go completely unpunished, if all the other clubs are trying to keep within the rules and therefore can't compete for certain players with one that breaks the rules with impunity then that's not right.

However the rule clearly needs changing so that owners can inject as much capital into their clubs as they like and after that they're only allowed to run up a certain amount of debt.

Not have total income restricted by turnover

just because you vote against somthing does not mean you can ignore the out come. They know the rules so they should live with them or dont enter the league.

just because you vote against somthing does not mean you can ignore the out come. They know the rules so they should live with them or dont enter the league.

Rev was wrong to say voted against but it certainly isn't fair if you are capable of voting but are prohibited from doing so that you can be punished by those rules. People have died for the right to vote so it's a pretty fundamental right!

Rovers didn't get the chance to and are now punished more than virtually any other club (although part of that punishment seems to be self-inflicted by the comfortable culture of not employing the best people for their roles at the club). The rules seem entirely designed to punish relegated PL teams based on nothing but jealousy. Clubs don't care about protecting other clubs from going to the wall only furthering their own interests.

If we are under an embargo still and wages are capped at 10k then the likes of ward, Quinn etc will be getting offered much more than that from other championship clubs so I think we will be out of the running. Of that list in the LT i think we will only get doneil Henry on loan. Would love ward, Quinn and wood but money talks and they will get offered bigger wages elsewhere

10k wages is too much in our situation imo.

10k per week is half a million per year. Really thinking about it should anybody get that much for kicking a ball? It's obscene really when people are working 40hour weeks for 15 to 20thousand per year.

Seko Fofana linked on loan (All paper talk, and The Sun.... I know).

Young City midfielder, probably the sort of loan signing we should be going for, would prefer experience but that's hard to come by given our current financial situation. Would surely offer more than Evans.

here is the full Sun article:-

Manchester City starlet Seko Fofana is a loan target for Blackburn Rovers boss Gary Bowyer for next season

Bowyer's dad and top scout Ian saw French midfielder Fofana last week and they hope City will see Blackburn as a good stage in his progress

Fofana, 20, was loaned to Fulham but had a hit and miss season and City want him to go to a championship side where he can play and get experience.

Btw, Fofana is box to box centre midfielder

here is the full Sun article:-

Manchester City starlet Seko Fofana is a loan target for Blackburn Rovers boss Gary Bowyer for next season

Bowyer's dad and top scout Ian saw French midfielder Fofana last week and they hope City will see Blackburn as a good stage in his progress

Fofana, 20, was loaned to Fulham but had a hit and miss season and City want him to go to a championship side where he can play and get experience.

Btw, Fofana is box to box centre midfielder

We need proven experience in centre mid... We've been saying this for years now. Feel free to get in young lads on loan to play up top, thats where we need pace and ideas.

We need proven experience in centre mid... We've been saying this for years now. Feel free to get in young lads on loan to play up top, thats where we need pace and ideas.

I understand what you are saying.

all depends on what formation we are going to play and style next season.

I did suggest Austin from Leeds who has just been released by them

We badly need a box to box midfielder, at least Bowyer seems to be addressing the issues, ive no idea about the lads ability mind you.

he seems that type of player from reading the City website page and the Transfermarkt page. (links provided below)

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/elite-development-squad/midfielders/seko-fofana

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/seko-fofana/profil/spieler/182893

plus here his a goal he scored for Fulham against Huddersfield Town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbRylK6EHdA

To be fair, how many times did we see a central midfielder even attempt to make forward runs for Rovers last season?

We desperately missed that. If this lad can maybe do it, give him a go.

Doesn't matter about the attacking ability of players if they are asked to perform a defensive role. We need the ability mixed with a change in mentality from the manager. Even with last season's squad we hurt teams when we attacked and let them back in with negativity.

Don't know if Southampton are ready to loan out their young talents but Harrison Reed could do the job for us. He has played for them lately but a season in the Championship could benefit him. Sam Gallagher is another interesting name from the same club.

I also suggestion Sam Gallagher before aswell

Archived