BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

I'd say Taylor will have been offered terms, due to his age (over 24 I think the rule is) under the Bosman ruling he can see what other clubs are offering him. He would be daft to simply sign straight up with us before having his agent try to see what other offers are around, if not money wise then game wise as I think he hasn't had a very fair crack of the whip here.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My hope is that the early(ish) release of season tickets and shirts is to try and get money into this season's accounts to get the embargo lifted.

Similarly I would understand if we cash in on one of our valuable players with the same aim in mind. Gestede really wants out so I would say it would be him - although he may not have been my choice to go if everyone wanted to stay.

Big summer for Rovers.

My hope is that the early(ish) release of season tickets and shirts is to try and get money into this season's accounts to get the embargo lifted.

Similarly I would understand if we cash in on one of our valuable players with the same aim in mind. Gestede really wants out so I would say it would be him - although he may not have been my choice to go if everyone wanted to stay.

Big summer for Rovers.

Our gates and merchandise must be chicken feed in comparison to our operating losses. I'm more hopeful that our shirt sponsor is providing much needed income on that front.

I'd say Taylor will have been offered terms, due to his age (over 24 I think the rule is) under the Bosman ruling he can see what other clubs are offering him. He would be daft to simply sign straight up with us before having his agent try to see what other offers are around, if not money wise then game wise as I think he hasn't had a very fair crack of the whip here.

I agree. I suspect he reckons he can get a starting place elsewhere. Fair enough, Bowyer doesnt fancy him, and I imagine most fans (me included) want him as a squaddie, not a starter.

Similar situation to Judge last summer. Let's hope we got this one right.

Archived