BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

Looks like Forest now by this account.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-Forest-advanced-talks-Derby-forward/story-26529816-detail/story.html

Says a lot about Rovers at the moment IF he really was a target for us, with Forest persuading him (they have the same restrictions as us).

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was reading a conversation Nicko was having on Twitter and he was stating Ward would be getting a 4 year contract at Forest to get around FFP. Obviously attempting to give 4yrs @ the permitted £10k rather than 2yrs @ £20k. If true (always a disclaimer when talking about Nicko I know) that sounds a dangerous game!

But most likely to be at the breezeblock..

As for Spearing he was a nothing signing

Spearing had a cracking debut then simply lost interest, or that's the way it looked to me.

Spearing had a cracking debut then simply lost interest, or that's the way it looked to me.

Got a mate who's a Bolton fan, before Spearing kicked a ball for us he told me he'd have a couple of good games and then become invisible, did it identically for them in his loan spell and after he'd signed permanently apparently.

Bolton fans said when he came that would be the case .....They couldnt wait to get shut of him

• Backroom

After his first game I tweeted he played brilliantly, a few random bolton fans replied saying exactly the same, seems it's not a coincidence.

Spearing = no

Tunni back = yeah

Something different needed. If we start next season with the same old deep lying defensive midfielders playing the same old style my gaskets will blow very quickly !

Spearing = no

Tunni back = yeah

Something different needed. If we start next season with the same old deep lying defensive midfielders playing the same old style my gaskets will blow very quickly !

Spot on!

The only Rovers centre midfielder who attempted to burst and drive forward this season was Tunnicliffe, his goal against Watford the perfect example. Would Evans, Williamson, Spearing or Lowe have been on the end of that? Not a chance!

The only Rovers centre midfielder who attempted to burst and drive forward this season was Tunnicliffe, his goal against Watford the perfect example. Would Evans, Williamson, Spearing or Lowe have been on the end of that? Not a chance!

Did you see Spearing's goal at Leeds? Can't say I'm a fan of his at all, but not very dissimilar to Tunnicliffe's.

Some good free signings we should be all over. Like the likes of Jamie Ward, and Rudi Austin. I don't think we have to necessarily spend to strengthen the team. Wouldn't be disappointed to see Hanley go if it meant we got that West Ham guy back on Loan, and Baptiste.

Some good free signings we should be all over. Like the likes of Jamie Ward, and Rudi Austin. I don't think we have to necessarily spend to strengthen the team. Wouldn't be disappointed to see Hanley go if it meant we got that West Ham guy back on Loan, and Baptiste.

Exactly. There is some smart trading that may be able to be done without losing our better players to fund it. The likes of Hanley and Evans are tradeable imo in order to free up places and a couple of quid for some freshening up in key areas. It'll all be a case of as you were though.

Archived