BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind Derby's Striker Chris Martin to replace Gestede if we could. Very unlikely to happen due to FFP Rules unless QPR win the battle with the rules.

If your looking at Derby...... Will Hughes in midfield is the type of player Rovers need.

The love in with King is down to him being the only player we have with pace , if we had others then this would not be worth discussing

Strength and pace. i think the "love in" is the fact that everybody can see he's only missing one or two attributes to make him deadly in this division. Awareness and Finishing?

If a manager comes along who can get that out of him, then they have a very dangerous player, at any level ~ so imo the fan frustration is understandable. Players like that need to be tried - 30 minutes a game, whenever possible would have done it.

Although perhaps injuries prevented this.

Josh Morris is still in our books?

Yes one more year left one his contract I believe. He was on loan at Fleetwood this season and half of the season before, they love him there and according to a Fleetwood supporting friend are all desperate that he signs back for them.

Chaddy wasn't it you that wanted this guy to join Rovers ?

Rodolph Austin

Interesting article. So it is saying we have 2 available squad spots before outgoings. Those I guess are currently targeted on one central midfielder (hopefully Austin) and a central defender who can also play RB (Baptiste if Lennon let's him go?)

Then once Gestede, King etc bugger off we will be signing like for like. It sounds like getting Paul Taylor will be unlikely unless Chris Taylor moves on.

Selling Kean seems pretty vital to free up a squad spot if someone will have him.

Chaddy wasn't it you that wanted this guy to join Rovers ?

Rodolph Austin

I would be underwhelmed if we bought this guy, the thought of him and Williamson as a centre midfield pairing is grim if you ask me. So slow! Don't feel he's the player he was a season or two ago but maybe a fresh start at a new team would do him good? Not convinced though.

Austin, Evans and Cairney as a centre midfield in 4-3-3 would be good IMO. with Marshall and Conway on the wings

chaddy Austin does not play for us ,stop talking about him ,he may play he may not ..boring (as you said in cricket)

Tbh , King had the odd good game and you wouldn't need a dingles hand to count them .

He can't trap a ball , can't tackle , can't head , can't pass and his shooting ain't to accurate either . What he does have is an abundance of speed and a terrible injury record .

I recall Shaw saying in a meeting that he was good enough to play for Barcelona when we first signed him full time , which even back then I nearly fell off my chair .

We've had better, and moved them on .

So no big loss IMO

Exactly.

King wanting assurances about being the main striker is laughable, typical of the modern day footballer, living in cloud cuckoo land.

Try stringing a few decent performances together and the manager may consider it!

• Moderation Lead

The points about a lack of pace are extremely valid- a centre mid of Evans, Cairney and Austin would be slower than Slug FC......

As much as people give Lowe stick, he's not slow, and he covers some ground. The gap between midfield and attack is already a gaping chasm- the above central midfield will make that worse!

I don't understand why we would go after Austin when he appears to be another crab! (Sideways midfielder) When we're crying out for some dynamism/forward running/bone crunching tackling/verve/anything other than simple passing to someone superior.

Exactly.

King wanting assurances about being the main striker is laughable, typical of the modern day footballer, living in cloud cuckoo land.

Try stringing a few decent performances together and the manager may consider it!

Fair point. My problem with the king situation is we have let his contract run down to nothing and he may have had a bit of value. The King decision should have been made last year if not before, then we could have sold him if he wouldn't sign.

Yet again we have missed a trick and it hits us in the pocket. All very well getting big earners off the books, but protecting the value of assets is just as important.

12 months to go = make sure player signs new contract, if not sell them.

Its obvious Boreya didn't want him ,so why not get rid 12 months ago it is yet another sign of the slumdogs learning nowt.

Archived