BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anybody else getting sick of hearing Bowyer saying “We saw the effect of the embargo toward the latter end of the season when we were not able to bring in the loan signings say Bolton were making because of the restriction on the established players,” ?

We didn't even use all of our allotment of established players, so that is NOT why we didn't bring in more. It's blatant @#/? and he has said it on about three occasions now.

Is anybody else getting sick of hearing Bowyer saying “We saw the effect of the embargo toward the latter end of the season when we were not able to bring in the loan signings say Bolton were making because of the restriction on the established players,” ?

It must also say in the small print of FFP that if you are under an embargo you must play a lump of a striker in place of your decent ones and play a certain number of players out of position as well as blaming everything else for your shortcomings.

Could we afford him? Don't know if he is a good player or not I must confess.

Don't know if we could or not. Apparantly he is making about 800.000 pounds a year, but he is not the same prospect as he was when they bought him. Nor has he shown the same form. If he could get back to the form he was in when Villa bought him, and if he would be willing to lower his wage demands then he could be a good shout.

Still no pace there whatsoever Chaddy. That needs to change.

Agreed. Rather get Austin, and someone with a bit of drive like Tunnicliffe and sell Evans.

As it stands - unless we sign better - Lowe is going be crucial next season as we desperately need someone who can cover the yards in the middle.

Is anybody else getting sick of hearing Bowyer saying We saw the effect of the embargo toward the latter end of the season when we were not able to bring in the loan signings say Bolton were making because of the restriction on the established players, ?

We didn't even use all of our allotment of established players, so that is NOT why we didn't bring in more. It's blatant @#/? and he has said it on about three occasions now.

It's the closed season, why not take a step back, enjoy the summer and stop getting wound up by nothing.

Come August you'll have plenty of real issues to occupy your day!

• Moderation Lead

RAISE THE STANDARDS PLEASE otherwise there wont be many watching at Ewood next season.

It seems as if we're targeting the wrong players if we're going after Austin and not looking at ATTACKING midfielders on frees. To clarify, I mean ones that play through the middle, not wingers to add to our existing collection!

There aren't many there as it is mate......

It's the closed season, why not take a step back, enjoy the summer and stop getting wound up by nothing.

Come August you'll have plenty of real issues to occupy your day!

Ey? I'm mildly irked by it and don't like blatant lies. I'm hardly 'getting wound up by it' and failing to enjoy my summer over it. :blink:

Agreed. Rather get Austin, and someone with a bit of drive like Tunnicliffe and sell Evans.

As it stands - unless we sign better - Lowe is going be crucial next season as we desperately need someone who can cover the yards in the middle.

He'll be a crucial liability, as he almost always is when he plays.

I personally think the embargo is used as an excuse. Most teams in this league are in the market for loans and frees only and the size of the squad allowed is still fairly big if you can include youngsters on top of it. It's only if you keep making bad signings that the embargo causes a problem, not the embargo itself.

Ey? I'm mildly irked by it and don't like blatant lies. I'm hardly 'getting wound up by it' and failing to enjoy my summer over it. :blink:

I'm not sure it's blatant lies and you do sound wound up, but thankfully you're not.

Enjoy the summer.

I'm not sure it's blatant lies and you do sound wound up, but thankfully you're not.

Enjoy the summer.

Don't see how it isn't a blatant lie. He is saying we couldn't do the business we wanted because we were limited in the numbers of players we could bring in. But then he didn't use all the spaces he did have. It is quite clearly not why we didn't bring in another player. Wage limitations, maybe, but not squad number restrictions, which is what he is saying.

• Backroom

He complains about not being able to bring in loans whilst he brought in Paul Taylor on loan at the end of the season to no effect

Don't see how it isn't a blatant lie. He is saying we couldn't do the business we wanted because we were limited in the numbers of players we could bring in. But then he didn't use all the spaces he did have. It is quite clearly not why we didn't bring in another player. Wage limitations, maybe, but not squad number restrictions, which is what he is saying.

If you take his words literally then yes you're right, but if you consider other factors like wage demands etc his market is limited, so he's right.

Never the less, he's the manager, new slate next season, let's all pull in the right direction and see where it takes us?

It must also say in the small print of FFP that if you are under an embargo you must play a lump of a striker in place of your decent ones and play a certain number of players out of position as well as blaming everything else for your shortcomings.

Spot on Perthy !

If Venky's had a "brainwave" and decided to bring in a new manager, with a bit of credibility and tactical nous, it would be the best

signing of the summer for me.

Spot on Perthy !

If Venky's had a "brainwave" and decided to bring in a new manager, with a bit of credibility and tactical nous, it would be the best

More chance of Abbey and Mrs D getting wed West Yorks.

Spot on Perthy !

SA could be available from Monday

Spot on Perthy !

You mean someone like McClaren?

We could have this debate all day long, but I find it incredibly disrespectful to Bowyer to say he doesn't have any 'credibility' or 'tactical nous'.

He might not have achieved what we wanted this season and maybe not got 100% out of this squad of players. Fair enough to criticise.

But I'm not quite sure what you're getting at by saying he doesn't have credibility or tactical nous when he clearly does. He's shown himself to be more than capable of managing at this level over a two year period, and I would say has done a lot better than so called better managers like McClaren, Rosler, Mackay etc.

According to Danish media Aston Villa are about to let Nicklas Helenius go on a free transfer. He could be a good player to sign if we sell Gestede. Just thinking out loud

He'll want Prem league wages. Not even an option.

Archived