BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More chance of Abbey and Mrs D getting wed West Yorks.

A domineering woman might be good for Abs. :P

They say there's a fine line between love and hate. It's surely only a matter of time now.

Poor Mr Desai, this must surely be right up there with the snow ball thing.

Early indications would appear to be that apart from the possible departures of a couple of players we would like to keep, there will be very little change and that from the retained list the manager sees very little need for change.

That would be completely contrary to my impression that the overall attitude was one of complacency and a major overhaul was needed. Starting with the manager.

Ironically, one of the players I would have kept, C. Taylor was not offered terms as far as I'm aware.

Hardly surprising, GB probably thinks we need another keeper now we're down to five at the Club with Robbo leaving.

He has previous......D...A...B..O

Dabo went on to have a very good season in france this year by all accounts, he was asked in an interview a few months ago why he was never picked during his time here and he said it was because bowyer didn't want to pick players that weren't going to be in the squad the following season(this season) So why he was signed to begin with if that's the case is just absurdly mental and gb's reasoning is naïve and pathetic(as usual)

You just know that this is going to be our most counterproductive transfer window for a long long time(unless a miracle happens and the ffp rulings are overturned and venkys decide to have a last throw of the dice by getting a proper manager in then give him a respectable transfer kitty to play with)

Is anybody else getting sick of hearing Bowyer saying “We saw the effect of the embargo toward the latter end of the season when we were not able to bring in the loan signings say Bolton were making because of the restriction on the established players,” ?

We didn't even use all of our allotment of established players, so that is NOT why we didn't bring in more. It's blatant @#/? and he has said it on about three occasions now.

Whilst he is stating facts about the FFP he's certainly twisting those facts to suit his cause no doubt. Does he think no one has noticed the sheer amount of players he's signed and the fact he's been allowed to bring a loan in everytime he's asked. Also Gaz it must be difficult what with this embargo that was thrust upon us without a moments notice. I pledged an amnesty on him but man it's impossible.

Perhaps he could pledge an amnesty on us and shut it until the eve of the new season !

If you take his words literally then yes you're right, but if you consider other factors like wage demands etc his market is limited, so he's right.

Never the less, he's the manager, new slate next season, let's all pull in the right direction and see where it takes us?

In a pig's eye

More chance of Abbey and Mrs D getting wed West Yorks.

I've just puked

A domineering woman might be good for Abs. :P

Change that to IS but that iced hag couldn't dominate my piles .

They say there's a fine line between love and hate. It's surely only a matter of time now.

Poor Mr Desai, this must surely be right up there with the snow ball thing.

basturdo :)

Tbh apart from a few matches (and wolves home springs immediately to mind) I enjoyed the competivity and unpredictability of this division. It really makes a refreshing change from the premier league procession.

Tbh apart from a few matches (and wolves home springs immediately to mind) I enjoyed the competivity and unpredictability of this division. It really makes a refreshing change from the premier league procession.

Agreed. Technically, anyone in this division has the capability to beat anyone, whilst the PL has the big clubs hard to take points away from.

I agree to a point but surely the club has a duty of care too try and win as many games as possible ?

Avoiding defeat and unbeaten runs of which many are draws is unfortunately the aim of Mr Bowyer...

Last season we had 2 strikers who scored more than 40 goals between them a top six finish should have been achieved at the very least !

After all scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in football...

He'll be a crucial liability, as he almost always is when he plays.

I don't get this. Our major problem, IMO, is not that we lack creativity through the middle - we scored a lot of goals last year - its that we are defensively very porus. We let in bucket loads which meant us losing or drawing games we should have won.

Lowe is by far our best option to address the issues centrally at the moment. Sure he has problems and I would like better. But if I was choosing between him, Evans, Spearing and Williamson to act as a midfield enforcer to shield the defence I would take Lowe everytime (except for Williamson's good days like his games against Liverpool).

If we go out and buy a primarily attacking central mid as some have suggested I think that is madness. We need a Savage, Batty, Flitcroft type to be bought in desperately. And if we can't get one we need Lowe. Otherwise we are screwed. We are not going anywhere with a midfield two of Evans/Williamson/Cairney/some new lightweight "creative" numbnuts. Anyone with pace or strength goes right by them.

If you bought ST's through the Kean days then your judgement, comments and motives mean nowt.

:lol: :lol:

I'm sure Waggy's going to have a few sleepless nights after that dressing down, give over Gordon.

I don't get this. Our major problem, IMO, is not that we lack creativity through the middle - we scored a lot of goals last year - its that we are defensively very porus. We let in bucket loads which meant us losing or drawing games we should have won.

Lowe is by far our best option to address the issues centrally at the moment. Sure he has problems and I would like better. But if I was choosing between him, Evans, Spearing and Williamson to act as a midfield enforcer to shield the defence I would take Lowe everytime (except for Williamson's good days like his games against Liverpool).

If we go out and buy a primarily attacking central mid as some have suggested I think that is madness. We need a Savage, Batty, Flitcroft type to be bought in desperately. And if we can't get one we need Lowe. Otherwise we are screwed. We are not going anywhere with a midfield two of Evans/Williamson/Cairney/some new lightweight "creative" numbnuts. Anyone with pace or strength goes right by them.

Completely agree!

We have such a good attacking team but we leave ourselves open at the back as too many player over commit to attacking play.

Lowe or someone of that ilk would sure up our defensive and relieve some of that pressure on the back four.

I say this every game at ewood, our defense is good but it can't take a continuous barrage it needs help from the rest of the team.

I agree to a point but surely the club has a duty of care too try and win as many games as possible ?

Avoiding defeat and unbeaten runs of which many are draws is unfortunately the aim of Mr Bowyer...

Last season we had 2 strikers who scored more than 40 goals between them a top six finish should have been achieved at the very least !

After all scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in football...

I'm not sure Bowyer doesn't want to win games. We lost 22 points from winning positions last year, mainly due to not defending properly and doing what most teams do and sitting back when they've taken the lead (Simon Grayson was defending himself recently on Radio Lancs saying he doesn't tell PNE to sit deep when they take the lead, the players just automatically do it) . Just because a few people say he plays for draws doesn't make it true, just as the fans of other clubs who say it doesn't make it true there either. This is not specific to Bowyer, you hear this at most clubs in the league. Teams like Brentford and Bournemouth are the exception. As for avoiding defeat being the main aim, quite a few very good managers have built very good careers on it. Again, it's not specific to Bowyer.

I'm still not getting the '40 goal strikeforce should have got us at least in the play-offs' theory. To coin a phrase on here, it's bunkum. The fact is we scored less goals than all the teams above us, and in the case of the top 2 we scored about 30 goals less. We were the 10th highest goalscorers and had the 10th best defence, we only scored 2 less than Boro (but they conceded 22 goals less) and we conceded the same as Brentford (but they scored 12 more tha us). It's all about small margins and we came up short when it mattered. IF we can keep most of the squad together AND keep one or two of Rhodes,Gestede & King then next season might be different.

The main point is that the way we set up and the way Bowyer plays (cautious and relying on the front two for goals) makes us more likely to get in the play-offs the Boro way than playing like Bornemouth/Brentford. This means we have to improve defensively. That means defending as a unit, front-to-back, which we fail to do, and also learning how to stop giving sloppy avoidable goals away (ie set pieces, individual errors). Until we do that we won't be troubling the play-offs, and if Bowyer can't do it he will inevitably leave, or he would at a normal club where the owners haven't retreated to the safety of the sub-continent because they have been so badly burnt by scumbag agents and no longer know their arse from their elbow (not that they ever did).

Obviously it's a lot harder now with the embargo. Half million pound bids have apparently already gone in for league 1 players (Clucas at Chestefield) from other clubs in this league and MK Dons have bid £1m for Will Grigg from Brentford. It's going to be a long keany summer for us unless Bowyer can get in some quality freebies and keep hold of our best players.

Anyway, make sure you renew, not renewing because you don't like the quality of the football on offer makes you a plastic and i'm pretty sure you're not ;) ...and you can't chant 'Bowyer Out' from your armchair, well you can, but you know what i mean :)

Completely agree!

We have such a good attacking team but we leave ourselves open at the back as too many player over commit to attacking play.

Lowe or someone of that ilk would sure up our defensive and relieve some of that pressure on the back four.

I say this every game at ewood, our defense is good but it can't take a continuous barrage it needs help from the rest of the team.

Very very rare we concede by being gung ho or overcommitting too many in attack. It's more we still sit back and sit deep and invite pressure on then in the end something gives. As much as it's handy to have Lowe back in the squad he is NOT the answer to our problems. We've been here before several times over with him. That midfield needs strengthening or it needs something a little bit different.

Jason Lowe is the best midfielder that we have in terms of getting goal side of his opposite number and tracking back quickly to stay between the ball and our goals. Lots of his defensive work goes unnoticed but let him make a bad pass and the roof of the Blackburn End nearly caves in.

Jason Lowe is the best midfielder that we have in terms of getting goal side of his opposite number and tracking back quickly to stay between the ball and our goals. Lots of his defensive work goes unnoticed but let him make a bad pass and the roof of the Blackburn End nearly caves in.

Not helped by the fact he's often the poorest short passer in the team. Agree on his energy and workrate but again defensively he isn't that good imo.

Not helped by the fact he's often the poorest short passer in the team. Agree on his energy and workrate but again defensively he isn't that good imo.

In fairness tomphil you will miss an awful lot by sitting where you do. Low down behind the goals might generate atmosphere but it doesn't let you see the entire proceedings during a match.

Archived