BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

I look forward to you buying some more for the club Jal.

We virtually have to make do with what we have remember. A witch hunt and booing campaign never boosted confidence and helped anyone improve imo. Yet we continue to do it. In fact some delight in it. I've seen whispering campaigns turn into baying wolf packs with lots of Rovers players and it can only do damage. Tell me Jal... were you one of those who booed Jason Wilcox? How about Tim Sherwood? Lee Carsley? How about Lucas Neill and Big sam? Bloody wish we had them all here now!

Who are better tho .. Booers or boycotted ?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought you were intending to find out next season Abbey? You keep saying you are packing in. :rock:

Anyway I've told you many times why I boycotted. Let me attempt it once more ... NAMELY KEAN AND ANDERSON. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED ANYBODY WHO PAID MONEY INTO BRFC BACK THEN

A. SUPPORTED THEIR ACTIVITIES

AND

B. SAW THEIR HARD EARNED CASH DISAPPEAR. SIPHONED OFF IN AGENT BACKHANDERS.

I COULDN'T SUPPORT THAT, I DIDN'T, AND I WAS NOT THE REASON THEY STAYED AS LONG AS THEY DID AND DID SO MUCH LONG TERM DAMAGE TO THE CLUB! THE BLACKBURN ROVERS 'FAITHFUL' WHO DISSED THE PROTESTORS AND STUMPED UP FOR TICKETS MUST SHOULDER MUCH OF BLAME ALONG WITH THE OWNERS FOR BEING SO BLOODY MYOPIC.

Oh.... Sorry for shouting Abbey. :lol::P

I'm close to packing in yes but I haven't . I wouldn't let Jean and co drive me away .im made of sterner stuff ;).

How is it different now ? Your not telling me money isn't disappearing in agents pockets now?

I protested and still went .

Answer the question tho .. Who are better fans ...booers or boycotter?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11743/9862820

B'mouth after King according to this.

Bowyer may have some uncomfortable questions to answer from Madame if King leaves on a free. Not selling Gestede and Rhodes when they had the chance showed that the owners wanted to keep our best players, regardless of what the usual mob on here say. An asset like KIng leaving on the cheap may not sit well with the Venksters.

BTW, do we get compensation for King if he leaves? not sure what the rules are but as we've offered him a contract and he's under 24 does that not entitle us to some form of fee?.

No grasping the reality of a given situation has always been one of my stronger points. Compare to those perennial losers who stick their head in the sand and hope everything will be good next time they take it out. Times have changed Stuart. We are back to where we were when Jack rolled up in case you hadn't noticed. I suggest you amend your expectations to reflect this.

btw were you not at the do?

The thing is though, Gordon, is that we aren't back there. Not yet. We have rich owners who don't care about the club rather that poor owners who do.

No I wasn't, but much like a jolly to India, my opinion of things would not have changed because of a freebie. I take it your ticket was a freebie.

I'm close to packing in yes but I haven't . I wouldn't let Jean and co drive me away .im made of sterner stuff ;).

How is it different now ? Your not telling me money isn't disappearing in agents pockets now?

I protested and still went .

Answer the question tho .. Who are better fans ...booers or boycotter?

As far as I am concerned there are no better than others but the wisest would have boycotted.

I went to th'Havvy, marched to the ground, protested and then went home. If everybody had done the same (and I respect that no one has a crystal ball) and boycotted then it's without doubt that Kean and the Fat Controller would have been cleared off whilst we were still in the prem. Their positions would have been untenabloe. Mind you who the venkys would have turned to and who they'd have got in as manager I've really no idea and is anybodies guess. They were so clueless that they relied imo on the FC's advice for everything and that most definitely wasn't in their best interests and has ultimately cost them .. and us big time.

Effectively I believed that they must have had a hidden agenda when they turned up but I'm now of the belief that they came in good faith but were conned and the victims of a huge sting. I may be wrong, I may be right but their subsequent actions to date suggest the latter. Only time will tell I guess, but until it does I am giving them some latitude because they do appear at the moment to be hanging in there. Remember talks cheap about going to Plessy fields in wellies to watch some amateur BRFC play in the Combination but I believe that if they up sticks and go it would see the end of the club and the final whistle would be blown on BRFC as we know it for the last time.

No I wasn't, but much like a jolly to India, my opinion of things would not have changed because of a freebie. I take it your ticket was a freebie.

Fraid so....... Simply the consequences of celebrity status Stuart. :tu: Surely you don't begrudge that? None of the players or Motty paid either.

Fraid so....... Simply the consequences of celebrity status Stuart. :tu: Surely you don't begrudge that? None of the players or Motty paid either.

Your prerogative mate. But at least stick to your principles. The change of heart has taken you from Bore-ya to B-Lowe-yer. ^_^

What's made you change your mind on them ? I think they know exactly what they wanted , done and continue to do .

#venkysout

I've told you above... subsequent actions. At present they are still in charge providing financial backing for the club whilst hopefully the club can stabilise (yes I know it's that word again that attracts much scorn on here 'stability'). They could have cashed in on Rhodes last summer (and Gestede in jan) and didn't. All the while whilst staying in the background. If they had done just the same when they came and placed their trust in Williams, Finn, Goodman and Allardyce rather than Kean and FC (put your own words in here) then we would all have been much better off.

Of course I may be reading the situation wrongly but what options are there now?

Your prerogative mate. But at least stick to your principles. The change of heart has taken you from Bore-ya to B-Lowe-yer. ^_^

Whatevs. Just as long as it's not made me stubbornly intransigent eh?

• Backroom

Kean's position was untenable from mid-2011, IMV. The Bolton game in particular was an incredible outpouring of hatred towards him which couldn't have been interpreted as anything other than universal disdain across the fanbase for the manager and all associated with him.

Ultimately, I think Venky's would have stuck with Kean no matter what until a decision was made for them. Let's remember they never sacked Steve Kean, he resigned. If he hadn't, who's to say he wouldn't still be here now?

Thought you were intending to find out next season Abbey? You keep saying you are packing in. :rock:

Anyway I've told you many times why I boycotted. Let me attempt it once more ... NAMELY KEAN AND ANDERSON. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED ANYBODY WHO PAID MONEY INTO BRFC BACK THEN

A. SUPPORTED THEIR ACTIVITIES

AND

B. SAW THEIR HARD EARNED CASH DISAPPEAR. SIPHONED OFF IN AGENT BACKHANDERS.

I COULDN'T SUPPORT THAT, I DIDN'T, AND I WAS NOT THE REASON THEY STAYED AS LONG AS THEY DID AND DID SO MUCH LONG TERM DAMAGE TO THE CLUB! THE BLACKBURN ROVERS 'FAITHFUL' WHO DISSED THE PROTESTORS AND STUMPED UP FOR TICKETS MUST SHOULDER MUCH OF BLAME ALONG WITH THE OWNERS FOR BEING SO BLOODY MYOPIC.

Oh.... Sorry for shouting Abbey. :lol::P

So that's what an online nervous breakdown looks like.

As for transfers! we could sign the top 18 players in the league and bowyer still wouldn't have a clue how to get he best from them and would likely play most of them out of position.

Bowyer out(along his bodge job amateur coaching team)

Kean's position was untenable from mid-2011, IMV. The Bolton game in particular was an incredible outpouring of hatred towards him which couldn't have been interpreted as anything other than universal disdain across the fanbase for the manager and all associated with him.

Ultimately, I think Venky's would have stuck with Kean no matter what until a decision was made for them. Let's remember they never sacked Steve Kean, he resigned. If he hadn't, who's to say he wouldn't still be here now?

Some would argue that Shebby was brought in to intentionally undermine Kean and force him out. I don't believe that for a second. I think Shebby's arrival was a token gesture to try to appease the fanbase, which worked to a degree because he got the Action Group onside. Once Shebby started meddling, Kean took it as an opportunity to leave with his 'dignity' in tact and with Rovers sitting pretty in the table.

So that's what an online nervous breakdown looks like.

As for transfers! we could sign the top 18 players in the league and bowyer still wouldn't have a clue how to get he best from them and would likely play most of them out of position.

Bowyer out(along his bodge job amateur coaching team)

All these years and you've done a genuine quality post

• Backroom

Some would argue that Shebby was brought in to intentionally undermine Kean and force him out. I don't believe that for a second. I think Shebby's arrival was a token gesture to try to appease the fanbase, which worked to a degree because he got the Action Group onside. Once Shebby started meddling, Kean took it as an opportunity to leave with his 'dignity' in tact and with Rovers sitting pretty in the table.

Pretty much. Kean also got an extra £1.2M out of the club afterwards in court, using Shebby's interference to strengthen his case and suck just a little more money out of us before he departed.

Archived