BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not expecting much movement in and out transfer wise in the Championship for a few weeks, the majority of clubs are awaiting the initial result of QPR's judicial review into their FFP fine, if it goes the way of QPR then it is extremely likely to alter the Football League's FFP model and in turn the spending plans of the clubs.

Some would argue that Shebby was brought in to intentionally undermine Kean and force him out. I don't believe that for a second. I think Shebby's arrival was a token gesture to try to appease the fanbase, which worked to a degree because he got the Action Group onside. Once Shebby started meddling, Kean took it as an opportunity to leave with his 'dignity' in tact and with Rovers sitting pretty in the table.

'dignity'? After his abject failure as a manager? After his failure to spot a plane circling 200yards over his head? After his drink driving and gold smuggling escapades? After that vid of him calling Allardyce a crook? He didnt have any dignity and never had! What he must have had was a huge dollop in some JOINT bank account in tax exempt Brunei and numerous drip feeds from around the globe constantly adding to it (and still will have I'm sure). He left because he'd either bled the club as dry as he could and was like the proverbial rat leaving the sinking ship OR someone in the UK was about to rumble him and colloquially fingering his collar, or Balaji had issued a 'get out of town or else' contract on his head.

All these years and you've done a genuine quality post

I thought that Abbey BUT only with spelling and grammar. I would have to say 'could still do better' content wise.

Not expecting much movement in and out transfer wise in the Championship for a few weeks, the majority of clubs are awaiting the initial result of QPR's judicial review into their FFP fine, if it goes the way of QPR then it is extremely likely to alter the Football League's FFP model and in turn the spending plans of the clubs.

Oi Foul! Stop talking sense on here! You've been around long enough to know the rules!

Plus why would any Championship club want to start paying next seasons wages 2 months early?

Gutted lived in hope they'd go for GB .

No they've been heavily linked with clement... Wonder where BS will end up ?

Big Sam? I can see him taking 6 months off from the game or even retiring if he doesn't get a PL job.

A month ago I thought he would defo get the Sunderland manager job but it is looking like Advocat is staying there.

Hi Kamy, your daughter said you had been asking about me! Hah

But what do we know and understand about this situation?

Is it likely to be positive?

Do QPR have a leg to stand on? And are they likely to have an answer during this window or will it be a long and protracted dispute?

Any info would be great.

Big Sam? I can see him taking 6 months off from the game or even retiring if he doesn't get a PL job.

A month ago I thought he would defo get the Sunderland manager job but it is looking like Advocat is staying there.

BFS should just wait until Sunderland sack Advocaat, which is inevitable as the man is a total tube, and he can step in there on a lucrative contract to keep them up. Can't lose really and he can have a nice long holiday into the bargain.

The Daily Fail have reported all sorts of things about Rovers, particularly Jordan Rhodes and Rudy Gestede, over the last 2 years, and so far have got none right. Palace, Swansea and West Brom have all been 'on the verge' of signing Gestede in the last six months according to that particular tabloid.

So I wouldn't attach too much weight to yet another story linking one of our players away.

It seems there is someone employed by that newspaper who has a particular interest in Blackburn and that's why there are almost weekly stories about our players every transfer window.

There won't be too much happening in the coming weeks as it is July before the window 'officially' opens and clubs start to really prepare for the new season. At the moment most clubs and staff are away on their holidays.

imagine if (all hypothetical) BIG SAM did come back to rovers.

He would want to build his team around the likes of Gestede.

Does anyone think he'd be able to keep him here, at least for another year?

imagine if (all hypothetical) BIG SAM did come back to rovers.

He would want to build his team around the likes of Gestede.

Does anyone think he'd be able to keep him here, at least for another year?

Well, it would keep me here because, frankly, I think I've had enough otherwise.

It could then make someone's first 12mths salary the equivalent of £11.5k a week rather than our maximum permitted £10k for paying them whilst they're on holiday?

I was talking more generally rather than Rovers and FFP. It could be the difference between getting the player you want (by taking him off another club's hands early) and not.

Hi Kamy, your daughter said you had been asking about me! Hah

But what do we know and understand about this situation?

Is it likely to be positive?

Do QPR have a leg to stand on? And are they likely to have an answer during this window or will it be a long and protracted dispute?

Any info would be great.

Ha ha I saw that you had disappeared from twitter!!

QPR think that they have a great case as they hitting them on FFP being anti competitive (using European Legislation) and also they have questioned some of the specific mechanics of the football league FFP. UEFA were also threatened with legal action by PSG on their FFP regulations that they thought were water tight and they were so worried about it that they have decided to amend it with an announcement due in next few weeks.

If QPR are successful then that will open the door for likes of Rovers, in fact there is a train of thought that should QPR be successful then Rovers and the other clubs under the embargo would have grounds to sue the football league for the impact on them of not being able to sign players in January transfer window.

It is a very complex situation but I am praying that the verdict of the judicial review is delivered sooner rather than later.

QPR think that they have a great case as they hitting them on FFP being anti competitive (using European Legislation) and also they have questioned some of the specific mechanics of the football league FFP. UEFA were also threatened with legal action by PSG on their FFP regulations that they thought were water tight and they were so worried about it that they have decided to amend it with an announcement due in next few weeks.

If QPR are successful then that will open the door for likes of Rovers, in fact there is a train of thought that should QPR be successful then Rovers and the other clubs under the embargo would have grounds to sue the football league for the impact on them of not being able to sign players in January transfer window.

It is a very complex situation but I am praying that the verdict of the judicial review is delivered sooner rather than later.

We hope that things work out but the damage that can be done before any decision is made could be enormous!

Losing players due to wage demands and even what happened from January onwards.

Fingers and toes crossed!

That's a can of worms. The idea that they may have to pay compo to us is great in theory but will only make them dig their heels in further. Two things in their favour - with Bowyer in charge there is no realistic argument that it was the difference between promotion and not (limiting the likely claim), and with our financial experts it's unlikely we'd get ourselves in gear in time to make a successful claim anyway!

Scrapping FFP would be enough for me but we'll see.

That's a can of worms. The idea that they may have to pay compo to us is great in theory but will only make them dig their heels in further. Two things in their favour - with Bowyer in charge there is no realistic argument that it was the difference between promotion and not (limiting the likely claim), and with our financial experts it's unlikely we'd get ourselves in gear in time to make a successful claim anyway!

Scrapping FFP would be enough for me but we'll see.

Completely obsessed by your own hatred. For the sake of proving you wrong, we signed Conway in Jan the year previously and he got something like 13 assists and a few goals in half a season.

It's not difficult to see how the embargo may have impacted us and Nottingham. Don't be blinded by hatred at every turn.

Completely obsessed by your own hatred. For the sake of proving you wrong, we signed Conway in Jan the year previously and he got something like 13 assists and a few goals in half a season.

It's not difficult to see how the embargo may have impacted us and Nottingham. Don't be blinded by hatred at every turn.

You're completely obsessed with me!

Archived