BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

Looks like Crystal Palace are willing to let Dwight Gayle leave. They are one of the clubs who are very interested in signing Rudy. Rovers should insist that he is part of any deal, we can get around the £10,000 wages issue by reducing some of the fee received from Rudy sale and getting Palace to pay a proportion of Gayle's wages.

His pace is exactly what we need. Some of the newly promoted clubs maybe interested in Gayle but if Palace desperately want to sign Rudy then Rovers should insist that Gayle is part of the deal.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Crystal Palace are willing to let Dwight Gayle leave. They are one of the clubs who are very interested in signing Rudy. Rovers should insist that he is part of any deal, we can get around the £10,000 wages issue by reducing some of the fee received from Rudy sale and getting Palace to pay a proportion of Gayle's wages.

His pace is exactly what we need. Some of the newly promoted clubs maybe interested in Gayle but if Palace desperately want to sign Rudy then Rovers should insist that Gayle is part of the deal.

Convincing Gayle and his agent might prove somewhat difficult.

Gayle is quality, quick and a good finisher. There's no chance he'll come to us. B'mouth are keen apparently.

Hopefully Venky's will dig their heels in on Gestede anmd get nearer the £10m referenced in the LT article. It might get us closer to exiting the embargo. I'd rather keep him obviously, but he may end up a bit of a sulker if he doesn't get a move.

Gayle is quality, quick and a good finisher. There's no chance he'll come to us. B'mouth are keen apparently.

Hopefully Venky's will dig their heels in on Gestede anmd get nearer the £10m referenced in the LT article. It might get us closer to exiting the embargo. I'd rather keep him obviously, but he may end up a bit of a sulker if he doesn't get a move.

It's always a danger keeping a player who wants to leave but as you say, if a club comes in, we need to hold out for a decent fee.

• Backroom

Aren't we trying to work to get out of the embargo, though? Wouldn't doing something like this just maintain the status quo of being well above the threshold necessary to start trading again?

Aren't we trying to work to get out of the embargo, though? Wouldn't doing something like this just maintain the status quo of being well above the threshold necessary to start trading again?

If we can get the player/agent to agree to the move then it is worth go for as he would be a major asset in this division. Rovers value Rudy at circa £8 million. So if we could get Gayle and say £2.5 million on top with the wages above £10,000 being paid by Palace then we would have started to reduce the debt which would further be reduced by selling Rhodes.

We are so far above the threshold that even selling both Rudy and Rhodes will not bring us anywhere near getting below the threshold, we would be relying on the Football League lifting the embargo on the basis that Rovers have showing reductions in debt.

All of the FFP is in the air at the moment pending the QPR judicial review verdict which many are hoping will be delivered sooner rather than later as it could significantly change the FFP landscape.

Blackburn or London?

Can you really see him moving up here? Even Aldershot would be more attractive!

Gayle, like any other footballer, will go where they need to go to get the best deal for themselves and best level of football. If Rovers can find a way of coming up with a financial package to tempt him to join then they should work hard to do that. Obviously if he gets offers from the Premier League then that would be preferable but I can't imagine they will be queuing up.

He might find that if Palace want rid of him that the Championship might be the best offer he gets.

I don't buy that geographical location has that much importance in the scheme of things. It certainly doesn't seem to do the Manchester clubs or Liverpool clubs any harm when trying to attract international superstars. I'm sure that Di Maria would prefer the lifestyle of Paris or Madrid to Manchester Players that come to Rovers won't be living on Audley Range, they'll be able to live in Cheshire or Salford Quays and be 30 minutes drive from Brockhall.

I don't see how. If we're offloading one of our prized assets for cash plus a player in exchange then we will be bringing money in. Even if the deal for Gayle worked out at £20,000 for him it would be £10,000 a week for Rovers, which is probably about what Gestede is on and a significant reduction on the £30,000 a week contract we're clearing for Robinson.

We need to do whatever we can to build as good a side as possible despite these rules. Making drastic cutbacks and reductions to try and comply when the rules are being diluted in 2 years and are currently being appealed by QPR could be footballing suicide at a time when they could be thrown out in the Courts anyway. Forest understand this, that's why despite the embargo they've already added Jamie Ward and Matt Mills to their squad.

• Moderation Lead

London's over-rated anyway.......

But, even if he came here, he'd likely live in Manchester/Cheshire like many of our squad......

Good to see that 'Sky Sports News understands' still equates to 'we read it on twitter and fell for it hook, line and sinker'. Goons.

Players that come to Rovers won't be living on Audley Range, they'll be able to live in Cheshire or Salford Quays and be 30 minutes drive from Brockhall

If they fly by helicopter. It takes 20 mins to get to the training ground from Junction 31.

Gayle, like any other footballer, will go where they need to go to get the best deal for themselves and best level of football. If Rovers can find a way of coming up with a financial package to tempt him to join then they should work hard to do that. Obviously if he gets offers from the Premier League then that would be preferable but I can't imagine they will be queuing up.

He might find that if Palace want rid of him that the Championship might be the best offer he gets.

I don't buy that geographical location has that much importance in the scheme of things. It certainly doesn't seem to do the Manchester clubs or Liverpool clubs any harm when trying to attract international superstars. I'm sure that Di Maria would prefer the lifestyle of Paris or Madrid to Manchester Players that come to Rovers won't be living on Audley Range, they'll be able to live in Cheshire or Salford Quays and be 30 minutes drive from Brockhall.

I don't see how. If we're offloading one of our prized assets for cash plus a player in exchange then we will be bringing money in. Even if the deal for Gayle worked out at £20,000 for him it would be £10,000 a week for Rovers, which is probably about what Gestede is on and a significant reduction on the £30,000 a week contract we're clearing for Robinson.

We need to do whatever we can to build as good a side as possible despite these rules. Making drastic cutbacks and reductions to try and comply when the rules are being diluted in 2 years and are currently being appealed by QPR could be footballing suicide at a time when they could be thrown out in the Courts anyway. Forest understand this, that's why despite the embargo they've already added Jamie Ward and Matt Mills to their squad.

45 mins minimum on a good day more like.

• Backroom

If we can get the player/agent to agree to the move then it is worth go for as he would be a major asset in this division. Rovers value Rudy at circa £8 million. So if we could get Gayle and say £2.5 million on top with the wages above £10,000 being paid by Palace then we would have started to reduce the debt which would further be reduced by selling Rhodes.

We are so far above the threshold that even selling both Rudy and Rhodes will not bring us anywhere near getting below the threshold, we would be relying on the Football League lifting the embargo on the basis that Rovers have showing reductions in debt.

All of the FFP is in the air at the moment pending the QPR judicial review verdict which many are hoping will be delivered sooner rather than later as it could significantly change the FFP landscape.

OK. I was under the impression a major part of this was wages, so replacing £10k with £10k wouldn't help much, but I'm fuzzy on how FFP works anyway.

Regardless, even if we did get Gayle to come here, it would be a futile exercise without a change in management.

Is everyone smoking LSD laced chicken pellets . There's more chance of Howard Gayle in a rovers shirt .

Just speculating at how a potential move could happen if Rovers wanted him but agree the chances of it happening extremely slim and have little/no faith in the club's executive being able to sort out any such deal.

Just speculating at how a potential move could happen if Rovers wanted him but agree the chances of it happening extremely slim and have little/no faith in the club's executive being able to sort out any such deal.

Kamy, does a salary cap on new signings form part of the embargo? I'm sure I've read it somewhere and it was quite low.

For me, that would rule out a player dropping down from the PL to Ewood.

I know but we may as well speculate on bringing Messi here because that won't happen either

Are you sure? Don't you remember, we were close to signing Ronaldinho once...and Beckham. and Vieri. and Guti. and....

:rock:

Once spoke to Salgado outside Ewood, he said we truly could have had Raul at Rovers if the Walker Estate would have stumped up his wages. 90k a week.

Still maintain it would have been worth it. Schalke ended up doing and he scored a goal every other game.

Archived